Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Same DoT, 2 Players, One Mob!

• 30 posts
    April 21, 2016 10:43 PM PDT

Raidan said:

I was in more "hardcore" raiding guilds and we didn't tell the 4th necro to stay home.

This is a very good and interesting point.  Until instancing my guild almost never turned anyone away because even if they did almost no dmg, it was still SOME dmg and there was no harm in having them.  Back then attendance was king, then being low drama, and actual performance was somewhere down the priority list hehe.

If all the content in Pantheon is going to be open world and we can zerg everything, then class balance may not matter as much.  At least not for raids.  
    Will be interesting to see how things evolve.  I can't wait, and I am sure that is one thing that we all agree on.

• 613 posts
    April 22, 2016 10:16 AM PDT

If all the content in Pantheon is going to be open world and we can zerg everything, then class balance may not matter as much. At least not for raids.
    Will be interesting to see how things evolve. I can't wait, and I am sure that is one thing that we all agree on.

From what I have seen video wise the use of a 'Zerg" technique would end poorly. I am kind of hoping that is not a tactic in Pantheon. GW2 has that market cornered and it can stay there. It does bring up a good question though. If a target/mob can be hit by multiple groups like a dungeon boss or random dragon landing in a village will all be able to jump in and help. Do we worry about how many DOT's we can stack or jump in to save the blacksmiths shop? Just picture the tension and drama that would unfold.

Good post Flee. Love it when a post just sparks the imagination and what could be.

Ox

• 1778 posts
    April 22, 2016 10:33 AM PDT

Just my take here. Only spells with similar effects from different spell lines should stack like Redmage and Bard haste stacking. Which is why I think most classes should have their own spell lines and not share them except in the case of a hybrid of 2 classes like Paladin. (Does not include classes that are hybrids in general due to function and not borrowing from another class like Bluemage).

P.S. No zerg or zombieing tactics at all please.

• 37 posts
    April 28, 2016 11:13 PM PDT

I think that in lots of cases, two even lvled necros should be able to drop the same dots on one mob for full damage, I didnt see it as over powered in WoW which used a different system than EQ1. I would also agree that If the necros are differing levels, and one uses the lvl 12 magic dot, and the other uses the lvl 16 magic dot of the same family, than the 16 should overide the 12.

Debuffs however I believe should only be applicable once per mob, and any subsequint cast should restart the timer as long as it is the same strength as the original.