Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Streaming Games

• 124 posts
    April 11, 2016 12:34 PM PDT

I'll probably attempt to stream myself for the first time :), but prior to Pantheon I had no interest, just because of the lack of interest in games lately

I'm finding streaming interesting with everything I see it offering, not just gaming, so I'm checking it out more and more

This post was edited by Nuemcy at April 11, 2016 12:36 PM PDT
    • 613 posts
    April 11, 2016 12:36 PM PDT

Crazzie said:

I wont stream, however i will take videos and upload them to utube for guild kills etc... I hope others start doing the same, so we can see others kill raid mobs etc.. Might be a great idea for recruitment.

I will create videos also.  Training and supporting the community is why I do them.  Guild recrutment is alsoa a good aspect. 

Ox

• 103 posts
    April 11, 2016 1:05 PM PDT

I see how it can be entertaining to some (same with the Kardashians)... but personally ill only ever watch one if its something like what VR did a few weeks ago for some unreleased game, or something like EVO or some other "e-sport" show. Same goes for the pre-recorded "Let's Play" videos, if im on the fence about buying a game or stuck on something, ill watch.

They do give me an idea though, make video's of me watching shows like Walking Dead or Breaking Bad, ill edit out commercials, say some witty banter throughout, and just wait for the paychecks. ;)

................... jk (-_-)

• 793 posts
    April 11, 2016 1:26 PM PDT

Kayo said:

I see how it can be entertaining to some (same with the Kardashians)... but personally ill only ever watch one if its something like what VR did a few weeks ago for some unreleased game, or something like EVO or some other "e-sport" show. Same goes for the pre-recorded "Let's Play" videos, if im on the fence about buying a game or stuck on something, ill watch.

They do give me an idea though, make video's of me watching shows like Walking Dead or Breaking Bad, ill edit out commercials, say some witty banter throughout, and just wait for the paychecks. ;)

................... jk (-_-)

Done in the 90's calles Mystery Science Theater 3000. :) But they did it to OLD movies, and a lot of B movies. (Probably due to copyrights)

• 769 posts
    April 11, 2016 1:50 PM PDT

Side note - I just watched a Vanguard stream. Had it running in the background at work. I'm all teary eyed now. Damn you, SOE. Damn you.

-Tralyan

• 363 posts
    April 11, 2016 3:10 PM PDT

Greetings. I wanted to share with you that, I...I am a streamer. Yes, a streamer and...and...I LIKE it. I love showing people streams of me enjoying a game that THEY could be enjoying!! Oh, the rapture of reading other peoples' replies to the replies I made to the replies of other's replies of comments I made about the game currently streaming! I can think of no other way for someone to experience the true joy of actually playing a game other than...actually...err...playing...it..........uhmmm.........................

• 9115 posts
    April 11, 2016 3:35 PM PDT

Love the replies, thanks everyone, feel free to keep them coming ;)

• 133 posts
    April 11, 2016 5:32 PM PDT

I don't stream myself, but I watch some every now and then. Mostly esports (CS:GO - yay, fnatic!), but also streams of games I'm on the fence about buying. And youtube vids.

• 1714 posts
    April 11, 2016 5:55 PM PDT

I would definitely consider streaming this game. 

• 2419 posts
    April 11, 2016 6:04 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

How many of you like streaming games that you play or watching streamers play a game that you like while you are unable to play it? :)

Watching streams of other players does two things:  Makes me motion sick because I'm not responsible for the movements I see and, more importantly, just plain frustrates me to no end when I see them doing stupid things, doing things the wrong way, wasting time and trying to fill the audio with idiotic and innane banter.

• 124 posts
    April 12, 2016 7:46 AM PDT

Tralyan said:

Side note - I just watched a Vanguard stream. Had it running in the background at work. I'm all teary eyed now. Damn you, SOE. Damn you.

-Tralyan

*Hands Tralyan a tissue

I feel ya, I do...sigh

• 106 posts
    April 13, 2016 11:00 AM PDT
    Now that I think about it there is one type of steam I'd watch live. A best of the best tournament. Everquest had an arena blood bath, best of the best wars, clerics, druids, etc and also team. If pantheon had this and then take the winners of each server for a grand champion battle, now that I'd watch
    • 556 posts
    April 13, 2016 11:16 AM PDT

Streams are all really dependant on the streamer. If they are fun and engaging then I enjoy watching it. But if it's mostly gameplay with a streamer that doesn't interact well then it's really boring to me. The only twitch streamer I really watch is Docgotgame. He's pretty entertaining and has little to no shame so it's enjoyable.

• 383 posts
    April 13, 2016 11:23 AM PDT

No interest in watching someone else game. 

• 263 posts
    April 14, 2016 2:32 AM PDT

Well for me its Entertainmet and i love Streaming and i am a Middle Aged Gamer. I found a love and new passion and great way to connect to others.

As some of you already know we Voices of Terminus Stream alot. But it comes down to a few things that give it mixed up feelings. Streaming isn`t a service at least for me, its a passion. We laugh at ourselfs and get laughed at which is cool when you screw up or make a fool out of yourself on stream.

It comes down to what kind of Entertainmet you want to offer. Are you streaming out the game because or are you trying to Entertain people. I have been streaming for about a year now and it has become a sport in its own fashion. Its like the new E-Gaming.

But i like to spice things up and offer all kinds of Entertainment levels to people within that one game i stream. We are planning alot of things to come in the future for Pantheon and we have already touched on it. We had our first Player Q&A and it was a blast.

The hardest part of streaming is keeping people engaged and getting people involved.

There are alot of reason why streaming is a hit:

1. first look at a game you might want to purchase

2. Get to make your own opinion visually

3. great way to make new friends

4. Great way of passing time

5. Open opinions from other payers

things that are hard for streamers

1. Entertaining people

2. keeping people entertained

3. Sometimes getting to involved and emotional ;)

But as a saying goes..........WE LOVE TO ENTERTAIN YOU!

• 2756 posts
    April 14, 2016 3:33 AM PDT

I like to occasionally watch recorded sessions to watch how other people play, but I don't see the need for it to be live.  I prefer the boring stuff to get edited out.  Also the live comments is a tad chaotic, but I suppose you can pick through it later.  I guess I prefer my media to be more considered and edited to make it more effective.

It strikes me that streaming vs. recorded is like Reality TV vs. Docummentary.  Personally I really dislike the style of 'Reality TV' even if it's a subject I'm interested in.  I prefer a skillful documentary.

This post was edited by disposalist at April 14, 2016 3:35 AM PDT