Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Tracking --- Some Idea’s

• 132 posts
    July 8, 2016 9:48 PM PDT

I love some of the creative thinking in this thread. I don't think tracking should be taken away where at lev 1 you can't track a house cat, but I don't think they should be able to track every named mob within a 500 mile radius either.

Tracking should start with the basics. a Ranger or Druid would abviously know the difference between a bear track and a horse track etc. but at the same time, they shouldn't be able to track where "bob" is without having followed "bob" and killed bob or something more than just knowing that bob is up and can walk straight to him..

People did mention that Rangers and Druids needed a reason to be picked vs a shaman or a wizard etc. I hope Pantheon will come up with a Better ranger than the EQ ranger.

a Ranger should be as powerful as a wizard at ranged, and as good at melee as a rogue up close. but without stealing too much thunder.

Now how is Brad doing to do that? I have NO idea. That's His job lol.

• 184 posts
    July 14, 2016 7:31 AM PDT

Medjai said:

People did mention that Rangers and Druids needed a reason to be picked vs a shaman or a wizard etc. I hope Pantheon will come up with a Better ranger than the EQ ranger.

I agree that EQ Rangers were neglected for a long time, and the Band-Aids they put on them to make them worth having in groups wasn’t good enough. I too hope that Pantheon finds a way to make Hybrid classes like Rangers valuable in groups. I believe Tracking could be a difference maker…