Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

This is looking so promising...

• 22 posts
    March 16, 2016 12:36 PM PDT

Hello.

Just wanted to say I really love this project so far and I was happy to plop down my $100 to help fund it.

Please don't saddle the game with micro transactions and pay to win garbage.

I am very happy to pay a monthly subscription 

• 613 posts
    March 16, 2016 12:47 PM PDT

Yes this is shaping up nicely! 

Please don't saddle the game with micro transactions and pay to win garbage

I agree please do not allow this sort of junk.  The short attention bunch can go elsewhere.

Ox

• 428 posts
    March 16, 2016 12:48 PM PDT

Thunndar said:

Hello.

Just wanted to say I really love this project so far and I was happy to plop down my $100 to help fund it.

Please don't saddle the game with micro transactions and pay to win garbage.

I am very happy to pay a monthly subscription 

There will be no PTW or microtransactions 

• 103 posts
    March 16, 2016 12:55 PM PDT

Welcome!

That looks to be the plan with this game despite the already familiar promotional 'game items' and character slots theyre giving for pledging.

But Im sure thats just a one time special 'thank you' to the players really investing in Pantheon that isnt going to happen again after release, ever ... right? =\

• 308 posts
    March 16, 2016 1:07 PM PDT

Kayo said:

Welcome!

That looks to be the plan with this game despite the already familiar promotional 'game items' and character slots theyre giving for pledging.

But Im sure thats just a one time special 'thank you' to the players really investing in Pantheon that isnt going to happen again after release, ever ... right? =\

I wouldn't be overly concerned about that, they are very aware of the concerns and removed the original store quite some time ago and items that people would consider pay-to-win, such as the Pantheon version of Jboots.

This post was edited by Reht at March 16, 2016 1:12 PM PDT
    • 103 posts
    March 16, 2016 1:49 PM PDT

Reht said:

I wouldn't be overly concerned about that, they are very aware of the concerns and removed the original store quite some time ago and items that people would consider pay-to-win, such as the Pantheon version of Jboots.

Yeah im not too concerned, at least not for my level of "support." I think worst case we'll get something still better than the double dipping con Squeenix has going with FFXIV. It would go against their tenets though so... I really hope their isnt (m)any shop items passed the ones pledges are getting.

• 176 posts
    March 16, 2016 2:15 PM PDT

Personally I could care less about any of the pledge fluff rewards. They can remove them all if that is what works best. I am not really into buying items from a shop either.

I am mostly concerned with testing and alpha/beta participation. And the Dev's guild. Although it does not look like we are sure what it will be, I think whatever it turns into will be cool if it means we have some contact with the devs after release.

• 671 posts
    March 16, 2016 2:41 PM PDT

Welcom aboard Thunndar...

No need to worry, Pantheon is all about Character development and adventure. No "item mall" to protect weak egos..

• 22 posts
    March 16, 2016 2:53 PM PDT

Kalgore

There will be no PTW or microtransactions 

This is great news!  My main gripe with a lot of MMO games is the Free to play model.  EverQuest 2 started doing it and selling appearance gear, then the devs got lazy and all the good looking gear was in the store.

Now it's all experience potions and mercs and the entire slippery slope that starts with cash shops.

This post was edited by Thunndar at March 16, 2016 2:53 PM PDT
    • 384 posts
    March 16, 2016 3:11 PM PDT

When you have some spare time check out the FAQ. Great stuff there  :) 

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/#q14

What is Pantheon’s Revenue Model? Will the game be pay to play, free to play, freemium or what?
    We are considering either using the traditional subscription based model or a model where the player buys the game and then has the option of purchasing mini-expansions or ‘modules’ after launch. Either way, the game’s world will continue to expand, more content will be added, as well as new features and mechanics. Visionary Realms strongly believes that the revenue model of an MMO needs to match the game’s target audience. Because of this, Pantheon will not be ‘freemium’ or have ‘cash shops’ -- building your character and advancing in-game will be based on time invested and tactics used, not on how much money the player has in real life.

This post was edited by Malsirian at March 16, 2016 3:13 PM PDT
    • 613 posts
    March 16, 2016 3:32 PM PDT

Thanks again Malsirian!  I have been going through that with the tons of qustions I have. 

Ox 

• 22 posts
    March 16, 2016 5:02 PM PDT

Thanks for the information. 

I am spreading the word to my old EQ buddies and they are all anxious to help fund this game.

• 801 posts
    March 16, 2016 5:46 PM PDT

I hope we have a marketplace, but nothing that is PTW. I wouldnt want the game to be taken over by the marketplace. You play it, you get the rewards for your hard work, not with your cash.

Free to play, should be limited classes, and levels so they can decide to purchase it to go further in the game. Something like 25th level. Also limitted chat features.