Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What was your favourite part of the stream?

• 9115 posts
    March 14, 2016 4:15 AM PDT

So, now that you have seen almost 2 hours of Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Pre-Pre-Alpha group gameplay, what was your favourite part?

In case you missed it, you can find it on our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INd9SfIbWN4

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at March 14, 2016 4:17 AM PDT
    • 409 posts
    March 14, 2016 4:24 AM PDT

https://youtu.be/INd9SfIbWN4?t=1h5m19s to 1h5m25s - Seeing the world! or atleast kinda how big it is.

https://youtu.be/INd9SfIbWN4?t=1h35m55s - The boss training back to you guys in the village was also pretty funny. :)
    (I also noticed the boss attacked you first Kilsin! so you trained your own party. /petitioned!)

This post was edited by Nimryl at March 14, 2016 4:30 AM PDT
    • 91 posts
    March 14, 2016 4:28 AM PDT

Best (funniest) part was, at the very end. Group got wiped, all back to the village. A few minutes later, the spectres showed up in the village too (cause the hate didnt dropped, after everyone died, lol) and killed you all again :P.

I loved the whole event, you provided us! It was super-late here (GMT+1 -> 01AM SAT Morning!) but i had ALOT of fun, watching you guys, playing. Gave me a good feeling, like back in EQ. Grouping, socializing, try&error and the "spectres-bug" ;).

I really hope, this will happens more often now. Maybe on a monthly base, or something :). Keep up the good work!

/cheer

• 624 posts
    March 14, 2016 4:42 AM PDT

Watching a group that knows what to do, and when to do it.  Nothing beats trusting your friends to have your back when things get dicey.  If it's this much fun to watch, P:RotF will be a joy to play.

• 83 posts
    March 14, 2016 4:45 AM PDT

The "Hey guys, remember me?" from the spectre at the end was to funny, besides that i liked the slower pace and need to buff and cc.

The saddest part was no bard for launch, but i'll deal with that, some how :)

What was missing, a 1080 version.

This post was edited by Zlambit at March 14, 2016 4:46 AM PDT
    • 144 posts
    March 14, 2016 4:54 AM PDT

Mine was the fact that multiple mobs were pulled at once, insuring there will be a place for a good puller.  Being able to train the raid when they are goofing about and not paying attention has always been a great attention getter.  I hope it stays that way for raid content as well as group content.

That also leads me to believe that there will be more than one class type that can pull or your forced to have a monk or CC in every group.

~Chaam

• 644 posts
    March 14, 2016 5:13 AM PDT

Watching this video, I actually got a good sense for the game engine. I saw a camera angle cut through a tree and saw the surface bitmap which was good to see.

I mentioned elsewhere but one of the biggest mistakes of LM/EQN was the FL engine which had a terrible feel to it.  It was not immersive.  This video showed that Protf appears very immersive and the world very convincing.  I lvoed that - that is what is most important to me.

• 366 posts
    March 14, 2016 5:35 AM PDT

For me it was this: Up until now, we heard about how the game was going back to the good 'ol days and that it was going to mix in modern elements. From that our minds (or at least my wandering mind) went everywhere trying to imagine what that mix would be like. Now I know and it is good :)

• 89 posts
    March 14, 2016 5:45 AM PDT

Seeing the fizzles and all the caster skills on Montys list.  Brought me right back to EQ being outside Crushbone trying to skillup channeling.  I really missed that level of depth in character development.

• 793 posts
    March 14, 2016 6:03 AM PDT

I liked seeing the world.

I liked seeing the group have to work together and devise strategy, and sometimes fail.

I liked seeing that the roles were pretty well defined, and that no one could do everything.

Most of all, I liked that combat is not overly complicated with movement, combos and macros. 

This post was edited by Fulton at March 14, 2016 6:04 AM PDT
    • 103 posts
    March 14, 2016 6:28 AM PDT

Id say seeing a glimpes of what you all have planned for the game. Its pre-Alpha, so I cant honestly say I was blown away with anything in particular but I did like the world design the interactive stuff like that debuff stone in the ruins.

• 105 posts
    March 14, 2016 6:30 AM PDT

I had plenty of *squee* moments and many of them have already been mentioned by everyone in this thread so far.

But I think if I just pick out my very favorite it's the edge-of-my-seat feeling that I got waiting for roots and heals to cast.  For me the antici....pation of waiting for a long cast to go through has always trumped whether or not I can hit up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, a, b, start in the right order and fast enough.

(Please excuse the corny nostalgic references.  The time change messes wtih my brain.)

• 112 posts
    March 14, 2016 6:36 AM PDT

Obviously the boss wipe in the village was the lol moment of the stream.

It was great to see a return to the more classic pull based combat; buffing, meditating, adds.  Seeing the different classes fufilling their roles as opposed to the dps fight you see in most games now.

I was immediately impressed with the zone environement. It felt expansive and well laid out. You could make out several points of interest as Mont headed out to meet the group.

Overall a very promising first glimpse into the game for me.  Looking forward to many more streams highlighting the systems that constitute the pantheon difference as they are incorporated and fleshed out. 

• 999 posts
    March 14, 2016 7:04 AM PDT

/Agreed with above

I will also say the randomness of the encounters (and environment).  Creating the "oh sh*t" moments and players have to figure it out.  That's when the true strategy/emergent gameplay forms.

• 9115 posts
    March 14, 2016 7:05 AM PDT

Nimryl said:

https://youtu.be/INd9SfIbWN4?t=1h5m19s to 1h5m25s - Seeing the world! or atleast kinda how big it is.

https://youtu.be/INd9SfIbWN4?t=1h35m55s - The boss training back to you guys in the village was also pretty funny. :)
    (I also noticed the boss attacked you first Kilsin! so you trained your own party. /petitioned!)

Haha, I have no idea why, I died 2nd or 3rd after I tried (and failed) to backstab it but yeah, need a GM to sort that out ;)

• 219 posts
    March 14, 2016 7:06 AM PDT

The most critical part for me during this video was the teamwork. Newer MMO's have heavily disbanded the true idea of teamwork. Newer MMO's have created a world where we group together but you are 100% in charge of yourself. This gets rid of the "oh crap healer save me moments or oh crap tank save me im going to die from pulling hate". That sense of comradier and teamwork has been stripped of all newer MMOs. I am truly grateful to see VR bringing the TRUE idea of "TEAMWORK" back into MMOs! 

Thanks VR !!! And thanks for the video !

• 9115 posts
    March 14, 2016 7:08 AM PDT

Haha yeah, that boss wipe was pretty unexpected and awesome at the same time, definitely a great way to end such a fun stream!

• 26 posts
    March 14, 2016 7:13 AM PDT

My Favourite parts:

It just played and looked so old school. I loved the more basic animations that didnt take over your screen with wild and lavish fighting. But I do hope the spells will be slightly more visable but not over the top.

The Level Ding. Niiice...

That you have to skill up evocation etc or they fizzle..

I love the way the classes are going, I know it's not eq but I would like to have it more that way still.

The Buff sound effect from the cleric.. keep it...

Roots, mezzes and a great looking CC start..

Overall I just found it to be a more modern but still old style friendly looking game. Death penaulty YES, longer levels YES, the group NEEDS a specific class and you feel your charater is worth something if played well and not on a rotation YES.

Really enjoyed the stream and would like to see it a more on a regualr basis please

• 20 posts
    March 14, 2016 7:21 AM PDT

I really enjoyed the fact that people had roles outside of just the holy trinity again, and the fact that the encounters are boring scripted events.  Open-world dungeons/content makes for much more dynamic and interesting possibilities.

• 30 posts
    March 14, 2016 8:03 AM PDT

I like that the fighting wasn't too over the top or too flashy. My main problem with many games today is that every swing of a weapon has to cause some flash of light or explosion to go off. Even with just a simple fight against some trash mob, there are so many fireworks going off it's so hard to tell what's happening.

With Pantheon, there wasn't a lot of that going on. I could see what was going on in the fight and was not distracted by a light show. I hope this continues to be the case in final release. : )

• 95 posts
    March 14, 2016 8:35 AM PDT

The best part is that the world felt big even with a small window into it from the stream. I suspect this is psychological due to the 1st/3rd person perspective instead of the top down orientation you find in other MMOs, but the scale of the zone was much larger then you commonly find (whether seamlessly hidden by technology or not).

The second peice was having that large world live and breath with a day/night cycle. Obviously you can go too dark, but it sounds like they were thinking of options to allow it be an impact but not a hardship at least once you have grown enough to have spells or items like a lantern to address. 

• 563 posts
    March 14, 2016 8:41 AM PDT

I know graphics aren't the biggest aspect that pantheon is going for but I have to say VR you all made a stunning world and I can't wait to see more of it! The view distances (I loved seeing the trees stretch out into the distant mountains), the lighting, the day night cycle looks like it’s going to be incredible especially since it was stated nights are going to be even darker (if I remember right :P).

I really liked how the group had to work together to get through the encounters, I've never been able to really experience this type of combat before and I'm really excited to be able to play a game with strong class interdependence.

Thank you all for all the hard work the team has put into the game, and all the hard work thats yet to come! :D

Rachael

This post was edited by Rachael at March 14, 2016 8:42 AM PDT
    • 781 posts
    March 14, 2016 8:44 AM PDT

ArchMageSalamar said:

Seeing the fizzles and all the caster skills on Montys list.  Brought me right back to EQ being outside Crushbone trying to skillup channeling.  I really missed that level of depth in character development.

Yup :) Me too !

• 47 posts
    March 14, 2016 8:58 AM PDT

1. The sphere thing rocked. Kilsin suicide mission into the sphere and you survived was exciting to look at. I thought you were going to die there. :) However I really hope they will be very rare, so they don't show up in every other zone. Otherwise I think there will be a risk people will get tired of them (it gets old quickly). So be careful how many you place in the world and where. Maybe 3-4 of them in the world in high level areas. Let them be rare, very rare, so you gets excited when you see them.

2. The wizard "robe" that Mount had ROCKED!!! I really hope I will be able to carry those short ones instead of those longer ugly ones we had in EQ and VSoH. I like being a caster but often dislike how they usually looks like. Maybe this time around the male wizards will actually looks like men. :D

Otherwise there are other classes like the shaman which suits me better I think. Half melee-half caster type class. :)

3. Enchanter (I think it was) long duration stuns or mezmeration spells on the mummy. EQ anyone. :D

EDIT:

4. I forgot to mention that I also liked how the buildings and trees looked like. :)

Conclusion:

It's a world I wants to live in. :)

This post was edited by Elmberry at March 14, 2016 10:03 AM PDT
    • 62 posts
    March 14, 2016 12:32 PM PDT

Seeing A Large Bat and a merchant overcharging for Frayed Cloth Pants. 25 silvers! Outrageous!