Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Bonuses for Tradeskilling

• 106 posts
    March 6, 2016 1:18 PM PST

My little brother was telling me last night how in WoW (Wrath of the Lich King) completing a tradeskill set would help you in battle.

I found this so Lore worthy that I wanted to hear everyones opinion.

This would fit in SO WELL with Pantheon!!

For example, working on Mining would increase your Stamina, I mean how cool is that, it's so mechanically real that it brings a slight tear to my eye.

What are some good examples you guys can come up with? Or can you see how this could pose a problem?

I think that maybe there could be an issue with the tradeskillers that actaully want to tradeskill as a profession, there would be people farming up all there goods, but if it is managed properly this could be overcome.

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns? 

KGO!

• 96 posts
    March 6, 2016 2:39 PM PST

I really don't like to be forced to tradeskill. I have never enjoyed it and always found it tediously boring. I have always viewed tradeskilling as something that is there for those who enjoy it and never intended to be forced upon them.

I also know tradeskilling does come into play by the way you mention. It adds certain benefits toward character development that you cannot get anywhere else. Thus, when a player is trying to get the maximum stats he can, this causes said tradeskill to be a requirement of sorts.

While I like the idea of a character being able to benefit from tradeskills, I feel this leaves those who despise it in sort of a spot that they MUST do it. If this was to be the case, I would hope other methods of getting similar benefits would be likely.

If by going one path it leads a player to get x benefit, then add alternate, or even multiple paths for a player to get a very similar y or z benefit too. Perhaps only 1 of those benefits being used at once time, but all so close in similarities that one of the other doesn't attribute much.

My thoughts... this was kind of already brought up in a tradeskill post I believe, so I'm just reinterating my view.

Edited: @Deadly, I think in WoW it was herbalism that gave a character +stats toward stamina. I could be wrong as that's a little hazy to me. It was something like a gathering or bandage skill that did it and it was a one of a kind boost for tanks specifically.

This post was edited by Warlored at March 6, 2016 2:43 PM PST