Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Pet Pics

• 563 posts
    February 11, 2016 9:32 PM PST

Tried searching for a topic about pet pictures and couldn't find one, so I felt like making one :P Lets see what beautiful critters we all have :D

This is my cat Amber, laying down on my bed:

And here she is sunning her belly in the warm rays:

• 211 posts
    February 11, 2016 10:26 PM PST

Nica

• 9115 posts
    February 12, 2016 1:19 AM PST

I love it! I am a huge animal person, nice idea Rachael :)

• 79 posts
    February 12, 2016 6:14 AM PST

This is technically my mom's cat but I convinced her to buy him and named him Gizmo. He lives with her in Alaska now where he has to stay inside so the eagles don't carry him off. :)

mg]http://i.imgur.com/RqD5Tly.jpg

This post was edited by internalprime8 at February 12, 2016 6:15 AM PST
    • 595 posts
    February 17, 2016 8:59 AM PST

These are our three boys, Seth, Odin & Percy (in that order).  Spoiled beyond belief, in case there was any question.  And yes, Seth and Odin are massive cats (Seth looks particularly big in this picture).  Percy is just the normal sized (13lb) cat.

• 563 posts
    March 16, 2016 12:07 PM PDT

Currently it looks like Panteon:RotF is a cat lovers game! I'm sure there are more of you out there with pets, there's got so be some dogs (There was a barker during the Developers twitch stream :P)! Maybe some birds or lizards etc? :)

AgentGen X: Your kitty Nica looks incredibly comfy laying atop that kitty post/scratcher :P (looks like a beautiful silver tabby like my parents Nora seen below)

InternalPrime8: Gizmo looks amazingly at home in that box (let’s face it, what cat doesn't love a good box! :P) Other than the eagles It's good to keep your cat indoor (maybe with supervised outdoor time) because it’s not only beneficial to their expected lifespan, outdoor cats can have a very negative impact on the native fauna and ecosystem.

Nikademis: Seth an Odin look like natural gamers basking in the nutritious healthy glow of a monitor ( xP ) and Percy looks almost exactly like my parent's "Nora" but male.

The kittens they (Nica and Percy) could have with Nora if she wasn’t spayed! (see below)

Nora readying herself to make one of her stupid jumps off of a cat tree >.< :

Nora snuggly tucket into a Blanket!

Rachael

This post was edited by Rachael at March 16, 2016 12:15 PM PDT
    • 219 posts
    March 17, 2016 6:17 AM PDT

Since Rachael asked for Dog photos. Here is my dog Thor and I. Weighing in at 120lbs. My beautiful Alaskan Malamute. 

I had to lay with him in order to show how big he is compared to me. I am 165lbs 5'10".

[img="http://i65.tinypic.com/10ni905.jpg" alt=""]

And another of me holding him so you can see his size. He's probably thinking I will eat you if you don't set me down lol.

[img="http://i66.tinypic.com/9qxnw4.jpg" alt=""]

Thanks for the help in getting these posted Rachael !!

Pyde Pyper

P.S. Not sure how to get them rotated. I am not picture savy. Figured it out.

This post was edited by Pyde at March 17, 2016 6:30 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    March 17, 2016 1:36 PM PDT

Awesome pics! Haha, Thor is huge man, I love Alaskan Malamutes and Huskies, such beautiful dogs but too hot to have one where I live in Australia :)

• 28 posts
    March 17, 2016 1:51 PM PDT

8-year-old american shorthair Saya, and nearly-2 black smoke savannah Dante. You can probably guess which one is the mischief maker.

This post was edited by AstralEcho at March 17, 2016 1:51 PM PDT
    • 219 posts
    March 17, 2016 2:12 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Awesome pics! Haha, Thor is huge man, I love Alaskan Malamutes and Huskies, such beautiful dogs but too hot to have one where I live in Australia :)

We luckily live in a ski resort/lake town in Idaho (tourist attraction). It's funny to watch Thor pull the kids on their sleds. At 2 years old he can get a little rambunctious at times though, so I keep him harnessed and on a leash.

Pyde

• 124 posts
    March 17, 2016 2:26 PM PDT

A gentlemen I use to know when I was working as an IT consult use to take his Malamute on a 30 mile hike weekly, they have lots of energy!! :)

Have a rescue cat, two dogs, and a number of fish myself :)

one dog is a rescue, call her a pappyjack; part papillon and jack russle and also a pure breed Brittany, which I grew up around :) love the breed

This post was edited by Nuemcy at March 17, 2016 2:32 PM PDT
    • 219 posts
    March 17, 2016 2:37 PM PDT

Nuemcy said:

A gentlemen I use to know when I was working as an IT consult use to take his Malamute on a 30 mile hike weekly, they have lots of energy!! :)

Yea they do. Thor keeps me physically fit. The winters up here get a little hard at times since we get so much snow. It's hard to keep up with him in the stuff as it's hard to run in snow boots behind him.

• 176 posts
    March 18, 2016 9:22 AM PDT

Thor looks amazing! My wife want's a Malamute but we do not have enough room here in Conecticut. We have room for our babies though.

Tetra - The Trouble Maker.

Exile - The Lover.

• 219 posts
    March 18, 2016 3:32 PM PDT

@Jamie.... Thanks for posting those pics. That reminded me of Lady and The Tramp with the Siamese cat song lol. Your cats look great (trying to be manly and not say Cute lol)

Pyde Pyper

• 9115 posts
    March 18, 2016 9:16 PM PDT

Pyde said:

Kilsin said:

We luckily live in a ski resort/lake town in Idaho (tourist attraction). It's funny to watch Thor pull the kids on their sleds. At 2 years old he can get a little rambunctious at times though, so I keep him harnessed and on a leash.

Pyde

Haha! very cool man, that would be a sight to see! :)

• 563 posts
    March 19, 2016 12:47 AM PDT

Pyde: Thor looks sooo happy getting those big hugs xD He's a big dog!

AstralEcho: Saya looks so cute looking up curiously at the camera :P and my guess would be Dante is the mischief maker, on account of being a savannah and all (as if the eyes don't give it away anyways :P)

Jamie: Tetra and Exile are beautiful Siamese, and I love the seal point on Exile (always been a huge fan of that pattern).

• 1468 posts
    March 19, 2016 3:23 AM PDT

I wish I could have pets but I'm allergic to dogs and cats (and probably other pets as well). I've always wanted a dog or a cat :) (or maybe even one of each).

• 176 posts
    March 19, 2016 6:29 AM PDT

Cromulent said:

I wish I could have pets but I'm allergic to dogs and cats (and probably other pets as well). I've always wanted a dog or a cat :) (or maybe even one of each).

Read this article on hypoallergenic cats if you are interested. Depending on how bad your allergies are one of these breeds may work for you. It was one of the factors we considered when we choose ours.

https://www.petfinder.com/cats/living-with-your-cat/cats-for-allergy-sufferers/

• 378 posts
    March 20, 2016 6:02 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Pyde said:

Kilsin said:

Pyde

I had a Malamute named Max some years back, greatest Dog I have ever come across, If I had the room I would have another one in a heartbeat ( maybe a short hair one this time tho ) 

• 9115 posts
    March 20, 2016 9:45 PM PDT

Zandil said:

Kilsin said:

Pyde said:

Kilsin said:

Pyde

I had a Malamute named Max some years back, greatest Dog I have ever come across, If I had the room I would have another one in a heartbeat ( maybe a short hair one this time tho ) 

Yeah, they are beautiful dogs mate, I had a good friend who had two in another state that was a bit cooler but they still don;t do well in Australia unless they are in the colder regions, a short hair one maybe a better option but my pure bred Kelpie would hate me forever if I got another dog! lol :)

• 10 posts
    March 23, 2016 11:18 AM PDT

Hello Brothers and Sisters!

Kilsin, i have a Husky too, doing well here with around 35º in summer (its really cold in winter on the other hand). In summer she stays at home at midday.

She is now 2 years old... best dog EVER:

This post was edited by Eldelbar at March 23, 2016 11:20 AM PDT
    • 163 posts
    March 23, 2016 11:48 AM PDT

Agent Orange trying to sneak away with me on vacation!

• 219 posts
    March 23, 2016 12:58 PM PDT

Eldelbar said:

Hello Brothers and Sisters!

Kilsin, i have a Husky too, doing well here with around 35º in summer (its really cold in winter on the other hand). In summer she stays at home at midday.

She is now 2 years old... best dog EVER:

Beautiful pup. Thanks for sharing Eldelbar :)

Pyde Pyper

• 219 posts
    March 23, 2016 12:59 PM PDT

Gadgets said:

Agent Orange trying to sneak away with me on vacation!

That's just to funny. Thanks for sharing Gadgets.

Pyde Pyper

• 384 posts
    March 23, 2016 2:10 PM PDT

I tried to find a cheesier photo of Olaf but was the best I could come up with. This was actually from this morning. He was out in the wildflowers as we were waiting on the school bus and my neighbor practically made me take the picture. :)