Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

I'd just like to say...

• 409 posts
    February 3, 2016 1:04 PM PST

That it's absolutely brilliant and a breath of fresh air to see so many people wanting a "social game" and social interaction as much as I. As most of you are probably aware already most modern mmo's cater to the very casual & have self centric content; with little or no focus on the social aspects of a game. I am personally sick and tired of these games.. and if I'm honest I'd almost given up hope until someone actually point this game out to me... (I was even considering quiting PC gaming). We (the social/group based) here in Pantheon seem to be in the minority out there.. but to me this way of gaming makes sense. There are far too many mmo's that don't. To me a RPG = Adventure and a MMO = Together/Social. So for me a MMORPG = an adventure together! Not adventure solo online... which negates the point of it being online/multiplayer in the first place if thats the case. Which to me.. doesn't make any sense and isn't what I'm looking for.

I just wanted you guys to know how happy I am to have found a place where my views are in the majority rather than the minority. It's so nice to read other peoples comments and sit there nodding in agreement rather than sitting there feeling like weirdo wanting everything to be social/people engaging. <3 :)

And I'd also like to Thank VR for not giving up on this style of gaming/gamers! Which you could have easily done in today's market..

This post was edited by Nimryl at February 3, 2016 1:20 PM PST
    • 428 posts
    February 3, 2016 1:08 PM PST

I agree completly Hopefully this game can be the game to bring it back.  If it can hit 10 million subs maybe it will show that its a dead idea

• 110 posts
    February 3, 2016 1:15 PM PST

Being a pragmatic guy Ive got to say I see no way Pantheon hits 10 millions subs. I just dont think theres 10m folks out there like "us". Really, I'd be happier with a smaller, more loyal subscription base. EQish in size. Financially Im sure Brad and co. would love to see 10m, but when you hit those numbers from a players perspective, the wall of noise from the folks that want this or that made "better" or "easier" forces a game to change.

Keep it niche, keep it real and you keep me for a long, long time.

Garmr

• 428 posts
    February 3, 2016 1:23 PM PST

I agree but its nice to wish that they could and stayed with it and I honestly dont see it hitting 10 million.  I just hope they remember where it all started and ignore those better or easier people.  

• 409 posts
    February 3, 2016 1:27 PM PST

Kalgore said:I agree but its nice to wish that they could and stayed with it and I honestly dont see it hitting 10 million.  I just hope they remember where it all started and ignore those better or easier people. 

That's pretty much the crux of the problem right there. Game devs listening to mass Entitlement.

This post was edited by Nimryl at February 3, 2016 1:27 PM PST
    • 428 posts
    February 3, 2016 1:33 PM PST

I Blame WOW 

• 63 posts
    February 3, 2016 1:39 PM PST

I too am very excited for this game. I literally can't wait; I may treat myself to the Alienware computer I've always wanted but could never seem to find the budget for. Gotta make sure I run the best settings for maximum immersion, lol!

Garmr said:

I 100% agree. My team makes apps for very niche certifications and exams, and we've done well thanks to a very loyal customer base. "The riches are in the niches." As long as VR stays agile, keeps overhead low and morale high, I have no doubt they'll create an enriched gaming experience while enjoying the business success at the same time.

• 409 posts
    February 3, 2016 1:40 PM PST

Kalgore said:
    I Blame WOW

That's partly. But the inevitablity lies with the Game Devs.

This post was edited by Nimryl at February 3, 2016 1:42 PM PST
    • 428 posts
    February 3, 2016 1:46 PM PST

Talvaris said:

I too am very excited for this game. I literally can't wait; I may treat myself to the Alienware computer I've always wanted but could never seem to find the budget for. Gotta make sure I run the best settings for maximum immersion, lol!

Garmr said:

I 100% agree. My team makes apps for very niche certifications and exams, and we've done well thanks to a very loyal customer base. "The riches are in the niches." As long as VR stays agile, keeps overhead low and morale high, I have no doubt they'll create an enriched gaming experience while enjoying the business success at the same time.

I was loking for a new computer and then I came across this game and decided I need to wait until it gets closer to release haha I agree MAX SETTINGS.  

• 1714 posts
    February 3, 2016 1:47 PM PST

WoW is a symptom, not the cause. 

• 378 posts
    February 3, 2016 2:05 PM PST

I blame lag, it's always Lag's fault, everything is lag's fault. 

• 116 posts
    February 3, 2016 4:12 PM PST

Kalgore said:

I agree but its nice to wish that they could and stayed with it and I honestly dont see it hitting 10 million.  I just hope they remember where it all started and ignore those better or easier people.  

One would hope the game gets better with patches and expansions...

• 137 posts
    February 3, 2016 5:16 PM PST
    Give me a decent size, mature community and I'll be happier than a pig in you know what