Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

So if we don't find what we are after

This topic has been closed.
    • 91 posts
    February 1, 2016 12:41 AM PST

So I made a post, had not found anything on the subject, it got locked and I got EReprimanded.  I guess I just didn't expect this team to turn into the forum police to a civil post by someone who has been around a long time.  Maybe I am just Hypersensitive.

So let me just be sure I am clear on this, IF, I cannot find a post that directly answers my question (whether it may or may not exist) that post will get shut down?  Not trying to be troublesome just looking for clarity.

Xanier

• 1095 posts
    February 1, 2016 12:57 AM PST

You said alpha, you never say alpha or they will come take you awayyyyyyyyyyy.

• 999 posts
    February 1, 2016 1:59 AM PST

I'd say a good rule of thumb would be to use the search feature first, and, if you don't find it, then say that in your post.  Also, the search feature itself is cumbersome in that it defaults to Forum topics as the initial search feature.  And, you'll have more luck selecting the "Everything" in the drop down search option and then trying to search again.

In the past couple months there's been several threads relating to questions on alpha, updates, newsletters etc. that have been opened.  I doubt it was with nefarious intent that they closed the post.

• 9115 posts
    February 1, 2016 3:06 AM PST

The Jan Newsletter thread was literally 5 posts below your new post at the time of you posting mate, which advertised in the title that it had the answer in the thread, I gave you a friendly reminder that a quick click would have explained why we have been quiet for this holiday season like every other company during this time and that we will resume as per normal in Feb, with a bigger update!

Putting that reason aside for a minute, any posts that specifically call the dev team out for updates or announcements usually get closed or deleted, as we don't appreciate posts of that nature, we work hard to release content and updates and logging in without searching or spending a few minutes looking for answers just creates confusing posts that look poor to investors and new members searching for information, we need to keep a decent standard and maintain consistency and professionalism on our official forums and that means monitoring thread consolidation, it is much better to have one thread with many pages, than many threads on the same topic with very few pages, as it is time-consuming and it makes it very hard to follow the information trail around.

You were not in trouble or reprimanded mate, closing the thread isn't a direct attack on you, it is for the benefit of the community and VR to keep our forums clean, tidy and filled with quality content, not multiple posts asking questions that have already been answered.

The Alpha comment just added to the infraction as we have made it very clear that we will announce alpha when it is ready and not before hand.

Also, this post is breaking even more forum rules by calling out a moderators decision and arguing with a staff member both of which can be bannable offences, so it is best to use the search function if you are trying to find information before creating a new post, and if you are not sure you are always welcome to send me a PM and ask, I read and reply to a ton of PMs each day and don't mind helping at all, especially if it means I have less moderating to do on the forums!

I would encourage everyone to refresh themselves on the forum guidelines, which can be found here: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/1595/pantheon-developer-forum-guidelines

I
    am going to close this thread also as it is in breach of the forum guidelines, please do not create any more threads on this topic and as I said, feel free to PM me if you have any questions as I am always happy to help.