Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

World Generator

• 106 posts
    January 29, 2016 1:00 AM PST

I think that by better utalizing world generating you can keep zones from becoming absolete. Dragons have wings and in reality there should be a chance of seeing a dragon in any zone. And world generating should be more spontanious than just going around and wacking down placeholders untill a set mob spawns. I praise Diablo 3 for the way it spontaniously generates mobs, but the way that it generates loot makes the game almost unplayable. A diceroll mob encounter can be spontanious and exciting, a diceroll loot generator is worse than the holocaust. Unless it is a loot chest then a diceroll is fine.  All zones should be large enuff that both newbie and end game content generation co-exist in every zone. No zone should become a setpeace while traveling from one high end zone to the other. We shouldent be bottlenecked into a lvl appropriate zone. we should be able to choose to stay in oaisis of marr or greater faydark because we absolutley love that zone. Each and every zone should have it's own thriving economy so to say. Guilds should not be sitting in naggy lair waiting for dragon spawn, they should be out adventureing and when the world generates a dragon randomly anywhere within the world it should then become the guilds Quest to get to togeather and journey to the dragon and slay it so that the zone is no longer a land of certain death for anyone who isent in a raid party :).

This post was edited by munge at January 29, 2016 1:38 AM PST
    • 409 posts
    January 29, 2016 3:57 AM PST

munge said:
    I think that by better utalizing world generating you can keep zones from becoming absolete. Dragons have wings and in reality there should be a chance of seeing a dragon in any zone. And world generating should be more spontanious than just going around and wacking down placeholders untill a set mob spawns. I praise Diablo 3 for the way it spontaniously generates mobs, but the way that it generates loot makes the game almost unplayable. A diceroll mob encounter can be spontanious and exciting, a diceroll loot generator is worse than the holocaust. Unless it is a loot chest then a diceroll is fine.  All zones should be large enuff that both newbie and end game content generation co-exist in every zone. No zone should become a setpeace while traveling from one high end zone to the other. We shouldent be bottlenecked into a lvl appropriate zone. we should be able to choose to stay in oaisis of marr or greater faydark because we absolutley love that zone. Each and every zone should have it's own thriving economy so to say. Guilds should not be sitting in naggy lair waiting for dragon spawn, they should be out adventureing and when the world generates a dragon randomly anywhere within the world it should then become the guilds Quest to get to togeather and journey to the dragon and slay it so that the zone is no longer a land of certain death for anyone who isent in a raid party :).

Seeing Dragons in the sky - Sure that makes sense kinda. But seeing a dragon should be a special thing to me.. not a regular thing.

World generating spontaneous enemies? - Nope that doesn't make sense at all.. it should be depentant on the area/enviroment/situation they're currently in.. else it just be silly and wouldn't make sense. (EQ already had random place holders with-in the theme, but I guess you could call the mob roaming aspects "spontaneous".)

Dice roll loot - They've already said what you see on the enemies, is pretty much what you get; so that kinda loot will probably be at a minimum if none existant.

All zones large enough for newbies and end game. - I agree zones should be large, but for both newbies and end game in every zone? Nope. Traveling set zones (or areas if they go for one map) makes the game more fun as you have to adventure dangerously through them and gives the world some perspective.

We shouldn't be bottlenecked into a lvl appropiate zone. - Not only would there be no sense of danger/thrill of adventure/exploring the world.. but the zone could be overcrowded if they did it this way.

Random world bosses - Sure, but should be a rare spawn and never ever a general/weekly Quest.. (infact I wish they didnt have a typical quest system+tracker, hopefully they'll go for something better/more realistic. I don't know what they intend/have already.)

This post was edited by Nimryl at January 29, 2016 4:12 AM PST