Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

So... quick travel

• 194 posts
    February 7, 2016 11:22 PM PST

My hopes for quick travel will depend greatly on how large Terminus ends up being at launch.  My personal hope is that Terminus is GIGANTIC--like a few times over what Norrath was at the launch of EQ.  This may not be possible with a small dev team, but if it happens then my preference would be this:

* The only non-player mediated quick travel would be between the 3 large Sanctums.  And travel between those 3 locations should be costly enough people would have to have done a little bit of leveling to be able to afford the port-stone or whatever is required for the trip.

* Any quick travel to more specific locals, like between the smaller starting cities and locations in the wild would be only available to the normal porting classes, wizards and druids.  Provided they've already travelled to those areas to attune themselves to whatever Pantheon's version of druid rings and wizard's spires is.

* As with EQ, I think the summoner's ability to use Call of the Hero should require the person being called to actually be in the zone for that to be possible.

Again, this is assuming Terminus is very, very large at the start.  If it's more on the scale of Norrath, then I don't think there should be non-player mediated travel even between the Sanctums.  The ability to get from point A to point B should evolve naturally with progression through the game.  So by the time you're high enough in level that you need to venture further from the cities to do your adventuring, the druids and wizards should be acquiring the abilities to make those journey's possible in a timely fashion.  This is around the time people should first start earning mounts as well, if those make it into the game at launch.