Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

PvP Implementation

This topic has been closed.
    • 610 posts
    December 22, 2015 1:57 PM PST

Liav said:

Sevens said:

On this subject...yes I am

Every couple of months some PvP fanboy comes around crying about how this game will never survive if PvP isnt included *Yawn*

seen every pvp argument and they are all full of BS

This is and will remain a PVE game....as stated by Brad McQuaid, VRI and the Game tennants themselves; so please stop trying to post about how wonderful PvP is, how needed it is and how wanted it is (because we all secretly want to PvP we just dont know it yet) Oh yeah also how players dont like pvp because theyre scared, or they suck...you know basically just Carebears. Isnt that the PvPers derogatory term for PvEers?

Edit: Kilsin I understand I come across very antagonistic in these post..and understand totally if you feel its needed to delete them

Wow, you acknowledged that you're a tool and a hypocrite in the same post. I'm impressed.

A tool, yeah sure...a Hypocrite? not sure how I acknowledged that but what ever.

I mean I will never hide the fact I hate PvP and games that destroy PvE to plactate the whiney pvp players

how does that make me a hypocrite? I could be missing something

• 2130 posts
    December 22, 2015 2:00 PM PST

You're a hypocrite for being one of the most toxic people I've encountered here so far. Completely unprovoked, you come into this thread with an anti-PvP SJW mindset and dismiss all PvP players as toxic. The irony is pretty thick.

What's even worse is that what you're saying doesn't even apply here. Read my OP. Did I say "the Pantheon devs should sacrifice PvE quality for PvP"? Nope. That was all you and your weird projecting.

• 610 posts
    December 22, 2015 2:08 PM PST

Liav said:

You're a hypocrite for being one of the most toxic people I've encountered here so far. Completely unprovoked, you come into this thread with an anti-PvP SJW mindset and dismiss all PvP players as toxic. The irony is pretty thick.

What's even worse is that what you're saying doesn't even apply here. Read my OP. Did I say "the Pantheon devs should sacrifice PvE quality for PvP"? Nope. That was all you and your weird projecting.

I admited I am toxic on this subject...hence no hyopcrisy. and good play of the SJW card to try and discredit me

But anyways...Ive had my say, youve had your rebuttal and neither of us will ever change the others mind so...

Good luck on finding you a new PvP game to play, actually I hope that Pantheon has PvP servers...as long as it is kept in its place and that it is never used as an excuse to balance PvE

Also I acknowledged the fact I was being an ass in my edit to kilsin and that if he felt I was over the line or to far off topic then he should delete my post...so once again no Hypocrisy..."You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

This post was edited by Sevens at December 22, 2015 2:13 PM PST
    • 2130 posts
    December 22, 2015 2:11 PM PST

Sevens said:

I admited I am toxic on this subject...hence no hyopcrisy. and good play of the SJW card to try and discredit me

But anyways...Ive had my say, youve had your rebuttal and neither of us will ever change the others mind so...

Good luck on finding you a new PvP game to play, actually I hope that Pantheon has PvP servers...as long as it is kept in its place and that it is never used as an excuse to balance PvE

I don't think you understand what hypocrisy is.

Claiming that you're toxic before you act like a toxic shitbird doesn't magically wash your hands of the whole thing. Your opinion was irrelevant the moment you admitted that you're too overly emotional to have an adult conversation about a topic.

You're the thing you claim to hate the most. I am thoroughly amused.

• 610 posts
    December 22, 2015 2:17 PM PST

Liav said:

Sevens said:

Claiming that you're toxic before you act like a toxic shitbird doesn't magically wash your hands of the whole thing. Your opinion was irrelevant the moment you admitted that you're too overly emotional to have an adult conversation about a topic.

Hypocrisy:

the behavior of people who do things that they tell other people not to do...im still not following how I was a Hypocrit...I admitted to being an ass and to have a hatred for PvP ...

any ways yeah, sorry I russled your jimmies...now back to your adult conversation. Good luck and honestly I have no ill will towards you, just pvp :P

• 138 posts
    December 22, 2015 4:03 PM PST

Sevens said:

Liav said:

Sevens said:

Hypocrisy:

the behavior of people who do things that they tell other people not to do...im still not following how I was a Hypocrit...I admitted to being an ass and to have a hatred for PvP ...

any ways yeah, sorry I russled your jimmies...now back to your adult conversation. Good luck and honestly I have no ill will towards you, just pvp :P

By and large I think most of the people here agree with you, however you come across extremely inflammatory and that got in the way of constructive conversation.

Ganno’s perspective is pretty far outside of what we have been told we can expect for Pantheon. Even the people here advocating for a pvp server would probably agree with that. I’d be willing to bet most of the people here agree with Sylee’s approach

Sylee said:

I'm pro PvP.  All the way.  I totally want to kill you.   

However, I don't want to kill you in battlegrounds (instances) and then see you in town without worry.  I don't want to kill you in special forts and/or territories that are "PvP areas" within a PvE world and then go be safe in some PvE area.  I don't want dev resources to go to special PvP gear sets, and PvP balancing, and PvP stats, and PvP areas, and PvP whatever else...  Oh, no.  I want to kill you organically, out in the world, when/if I need/want to.  Maybe while you're raiding.  Or crafting.  Or trying to get that epic.  Or just hanging around by your house.  I want you to try to kill me, too.  Unless you're my friend/ally.  Then, we can team up and rule the world.  :)

I really just want the Pantheon team to devote all their resources to building a kick-a** PvE world. Then, I want them to pick a server and turn on PvP.  That's it.  (There may have to be a few tweaks to that rule-set so PvP doesn't do PvE damage to players, some sort of release to bind/home/guild to prevent camping, etc., but it should be minimal.)  No bells.  No whistles.  And definitely not for the faint of heart.           

That's the server I want to call home...

:)

I want to choose to be on a pvp server or not be on a pvp server, not something in between. I don't think pvp should ever be forced on someone with a game like Pantheon. I'll go play Camelot Unchained for pvp if I get the itch. The other big issue, and we know the dev's are very sensitive to it, is class balance being swayed by pvp. It just can't happen, or if they do make changes to the game specifically for pvp it needs to only apply to red servers.

This post was edited by Katalyzt at December 22, 2015 4:06 PM PST
    • 79 posts
    December 22, 2015 4:36 PM PST

Mekada said:

Canno said:

The other is designing dungeons as basically a mini-pvp tournament where the winner gets the boss fight and richer rewards while the losers get a lesser boss and lesser rewards.

As someone who dislikes PvP, this is a line I feel should not be crossed. Don't disminish the PvE experience by putting it behing a PvP wall.

You wouldn't be forced to, it wouldn't be every dungeon or every encounter - simply an option for different game play.

• 610 posts
    December 22, 2015 4:36 PM PST

Katalyzt said:

Sevens said:

Liav said:

Sevens said:

Hypocrisy:

By and large I think most of the people here agree with you, however you come across extremely inflammatory and that got in the way of constructive conversation.

Ganno’s perspective is pretty far outside of what we have been told we can expect for Pantheon. Even the people here advocating for a pvp server would probably agree with that. I’d be willing to bet most of the people here agree with Sylee’s approach

Sylee said:

I'm pro PvP.  All the way.  I totally want to kill you.   

However, I don't want to kill you in battlegrounds (instances) and then see you in town without worry.  I don't want to kill you in special forts and/or territories that are "PvP areas" within a PvE world and then go be safe in some PvE area.  I don't want dev resources to go to special PvP gear sets, and PvP balancing, and PvP stats, and PvP areas, and PvP whatever else...  Oh, no.  I want to kill you organically, out in the world, when/if I need/want to.  Maybe while you're raiding.  Or crafting.  Or trying to get that epic.  Or just hanging around by your house.  I want you to try to kill me, too.  Unless you're my friend/ally.  Then, we can team up and rule the world.  :)

I really just want the Pantheon team to devote all their resources to building a kick-a** PvE world. Then, I want them to pick a server and turn on PvP.  That's it.  (There may have to be a few tweaks to that rule-set so PvP doesn't do PvE damage to players, some sort of release to bind/home/guild to prevent camping, etc., but it should be minimal.)  No bells.  No whistles.  And definitely not for the faint of heart.           

That's the server I want to call home...

:)

I want to choose to be on a pvp server or not be on a pvp server, not something in between. I don't think pvp should ever be forced on someone with a game like Pantheon. I'll go play Camelot Unchained for pvp if I get the itch. The other big issue, and we know the dev's are very sensitive to it, is class balance being swayed by pvp. It just can't happen, or if they do make changes to the game specifically for pvp it needs to only apply to red servers.

I agree..about this subject I come across as very much an ass...but I have seen to many good games destroyed by the forced implementation of PvP..and not only that I have seen threads about how much PvP is needed in Pantheon pop up here every so often. I just want people to read and understand the tennants of this game...It is GROUP centric (so please no solo play post) PVE game (there are lots of great PvP games out there...this isnt one of them). Those are stated quite clearly and repeatedly by VRI and yet, post after post about either PvP or Solo play.

Also I agree with Sylee 100%...that is the only way PvP should ever be put into this game.

This post was edited by Sevens at December 22, 2015 4:37 PM PST
    • 79 posts
    December 22, 2015 4:40 PM PST

Sevens said:

Canno said:

I wrote a little article on how I think PVP should be done (won't share it unless I'm giving the okay, not sure how they feel about outside links), but here's the gist of it:

I think pvp and pve should inhabit the same servers and be fairly available to all. One of the things WoW did right, I think, was contaigous pvp. If you flagged you were attackable. If someone attacked you they became flagged. If someone HELPED (buffed/healed) a pvp flagged person THEY became flagged. Open world pvp was common and controlled via this system.

I saw more people and had more friends pulled in to PVP because of this than I can count. You see a friend/faction member/guild member get jumped, chances are you're going in too. It injects fresh blood (no pun) and introduces people to pvp that may otherwise not have tried it.

When you have separate pve and pve servers all it does is breed contempt for the other side. I find, in general, the pvp community turns quite toxic when left on their own sever. Part of it is the competative nature, part of it is seeing the same faces in pvp over and over, part of it is lower pvp population over time leading to the players feeling neglected by the devs. PVE servers end up lower quality PVP players (again, in general) because it's confined to a few people doing mini's/arenas. It also often spills over in to forums where one side complains any time the other gets something geared towards them. Unfortunatly that tends to be PVPers complaining because the game is PVE centric.

Almost all of this can be alleviated by integrated PVP and PVE servers. It also opens up a HUGE amount of senarios for groups and raids. Three examples from my article: Dungeon where there's a more round about, PVE way, to get to a boss or a more direct PVP way. Pick your poison and load your group/raid accordingly. You may be successful going the pvp way but you may also get bogged down in a long pvp fight and those that went the PVE way get there faster... choices.

The other is designing dungeons as basically a mini-pvp tournament where the winner gets the boss fight and richer rewards while the losers get a lesser boss and lesser rewards.

You could have open world area control that gives a faction or a guild a bonus.

This would be in addition to pvp arenas,minis and so on.

I really think separate pvp servers is a huge missed opportunity for both players and devs.

Have you even read anything about Pantheon or know anything about its targeted demographic?

The very first time I am "forced" to PvP is the day I uninstall the game from my comp

and yeah forced even means having to PvP for some quest or any other reason...If I cant play the entire game, all features, all levels, all activities without having to do PvP than let me know now.

And PvP doesnt turn Toxic because of the competitive nature of PvP players...its because PvP players are toxic

This is one subject that just irrates me to no end...a million and one pvp games out there and yet now the PvPers want to come in and tell us how bad PvE sucks and the only good players are PvPers because nothing is like fighting an actual human. But every instnace of PvP Ive seen is high level griefers killing Npcs, ganking low level players and basically just being total wankers. Nah you can keep your PvP on WoW or where ever, dont have any use for it here

Edit: Also, the very first time I see the game balanced for PvP im out too

Of course I've read their approach - but this is an exchange of ideas, I just assumed alternate ideas were acceptable.

You're making a LOT of assumptions here on my post. I'm actually NOT a huge pvp fan. I do it because it's something to do but in most games, ones with separate pvp servers, it generally turns out the way I said - low population and lack of new blood.

Now, just as you want to experience all the game, so do I. For me that will include PVP and I'd like to see it done better than what's traditional.

Like it or not PVP will affect PVE and PVE will affect PVP - unless it's a PVP or PVE game without the other, it will happen.

Properly done there would be no forcing people to PVP, only present them with the option of controlled pvp rather than an entire server where you always have to be on alert - something not all of us can do for a variety of reasons.

• 85 posts
    December 22, 2015 4:48 PM PST

Given how vg handled pvp. In my view its creating a balanced class for both pve and pvp is the problem. Thats just me, or im just missing something dont know. Just want to have fun tbh...

• 79 posts
    December 22, 2015 5:12 PM PST

Sevens said:

On this subject...yes I am

Every couple of months some PvP fanboy comes around crying about how this game will never survive if PvP isnt included *Yawn*

seen every pvp argument and they are all full of BS

This is and will remain a PVE game....as stated by Brad McQuaid, VRI and the Game tennants themselves; so please stop trying to post about how wonderful PvP is, how needed it is and how wanted it is (because we all secretly want to PvP we just dont know it yet) Oh yeah also how players dont like pvp because theyre scared, or they suck...you know basically just Carebears. Isnt that the PvPers derogatory term for PvEers?

Edit: Kilsin I understand I come across very antagonistic in these post..and understand totally if you feel its needed to delete them

Also, since you're all hopped up on the game tennets and statements, they don't actually mention *not* being pvp.

All that's really mentioned is group and co-operative play which can, and I think should, happen in pvp.

FAQ question for target audience (Question #5) doesn't say it is and will remain a pve game.

Question 36: Will there be PVP? In a nutshell, yes there will be. 

You should consider pvp, you have a fair amount of aggression in you. :)

• 9115 posts
    December 22, 2015 5:24 PM PST

PvE and PvP will be on separate servers and will not affect each other, class balance on PvP servers will not have any impact on PvE at all, neither will content changes, I have posted this multiple times now folks.

Not everyone likes PvP but at least be respectful of each others opinions or just ignore them completely, do not bait or flame, our community is much better than this. Opinions are not fact or official announcements, so do not treat them like they are and instead, have a mature conversation of pros/cons of ideas/thoughts you have on PvP implementation.

• 1434 posts
    December 22, 2015 5:35 PM PST

Didn't read much else of this thread after Sevens obligatory anti-PvP rants. Seems to happen every time PvP is brought up, and its becoming tiresome.

Listen, I'm a PvP fan because of EQ. That is what EQ means to me. I really enjoyed EQ for its PvE. I loved it for the combination of PvE and PvP. Without the dynamic of PvP, the virtual world aspect of the game was diminished.

Pantheon is a spiritual successor to EQ. Just because, to you, EQ is all PvE, and the game is being designed around PvE from the ground up (and so it should be), doesn't mean that many people who enjoyed EQ only want to PvE. Since EQ, PvP has only become more popular, and just because you don't enjoy it doesn't mean others don't. Most of us have long awaited an MMO where there is actually something worthwhile to PvP over (ie, PvE).

Much to your chagrin, Brad has long ago confirmed that there would be PvP servers in Pantheon and has even gone as far as to say they will have at least a server at launch.

Get over it.

This post was edited by Dullahan at December 22, 2015 5:49 PM PST
    • 79 posts
    December 22, 2015 5:36 PM PST

Kilsin said:

PvE and PvP will be on separate servers and will not affect each other, class balance on PvP servers will not have any impact on PvE at all, neither will content changes, I have posted this multiple times now folks.

Not everyone likes PvP but at least be respectful of each others opinions or just ignore them completely, do not bait or flame, our community is much better than this. Opinions are not fact or official announcements, so do not treat them like they are and instead, have a mature conversation of pros/cons of ideas/thoughts you have on PvP implementation.

It will be interesting to see how you pull this off. I can't think of a game offhand that has both pve and pvp that have avoided making adjustments to one side because of the other.

• 1434 posts
    December 22, 2015 5:42 PM PST

Canno said:

Kilsin said:

It will be interesting to see how you pull this off. I can't think of a game offhand that has both pve and pvp that have avoided making adjustments to one side because of the other.

Guess you didn't play Everquest.

• 79 posts
    December 22, 2015 5:50 PM PST

Dullahan said:

Canno said:

Kilsin said:

Heh, I played EQ for many, many years and adjustments were made there plenty of times. Not sure how far back their patch notes go, but if you think none were made, well, I just don't know what to say :)

• 1434 posts
    December 22, 2015 5:53 PM PST

Canno said:

Dullahan said:

Canno said:

Kilsin said:

Heh, I played EQ for many, many years and adjustments were made there plenty of times. Not sure how far back their patch notes go, but if you think none were made, well, I just don't know what to say :)

Can't speak as to how the game was changed by SoE down the line, but while Verant (Brad and co.) were at the reins, adjustments to PvP combat did not affect PvE.

• 122 posts
    December 22, 2015 5:58 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Could you make a sticky somewhere of things like this? Like a "topics we have a stance on" mega post stickied at the top of the forums? That could be really helpful to keep straight what has been covered, what has not, and what might be later in a list of bullet points (especially since the old topics are archived and don't pop up in the search).

As to the topic at hand, I like the way they're handling this. I'm not much of a pvp person, and while I find it can be fun, games that try to do both miss the mark at both. I did like the RVR idea of DAoC, and it had potential for ESO, but those were core tennants of the games since day 1. I found the WOW pvp community to be about as mature as the CoD crowd, but I'm not sure if it was the pvp I disliked or the community. Didn't really like it.

In any event, I'm glad that they seem to be handling this pretty in line of what I like in a game: mostly pve, balanced to pve, pvp maybe there as a fun option but not part of the core structure, with set servers for pvp. Works out great for my taste!

• 610 posts
    December 22, 2015 5:58 PM PST

Dullahan said:

Didn't read much else of this thread after Sevens obligatory anti-PvP rants. Seems to happen every time PvP is brought up, and its becoming tiresome.

Listen, I'm a PvP fan because of EQ. That is what EQ means to me. I really enjoyed EQ for its PvE. I loved it for the combination of PvE and PvP. Without the dynamic of PvP, the virtual world aspect of the game was diminished.

Pantheon is a spiritual successor to EQ. Just because, to you, EQ is all PvE, and the game is being designed around PvE from the ground up (and so it should be), doesn't mean that many people who enjoyed EQ only want to PvE. Since EQ, PvP has only become more popular, and just because you don't enjoy it doesn't mean others don't. Most of us have long awaited an MMO where there is actually something worthwhile to PvP over (ie, PvE).

Much to your chagrin, Brad has long ago confirmed that there would be PvP servers in Pantheon and has even gone as far as to say they will have at least a server at launch.

Get over it.

See I think you misunderstand my rant...I do not care if there are PvP servers, in fact I hope there are. what I dont hope for is the forced insertion of PvP into PvE (See Rift and other such games)

I also dont want to see classes watered down and made 'balanced" to PvP standards because someones Wizzy got insta ganked by a rogue. Youre 100% correct that EQ did PvP right, it was its own thing, did not affect PvE in any way. That is what I am hoping its like in Pantheon and I have faith in Brad and Co to make it so

• 85 posts
    December 22, 2015 6:23 PM PST

Sevens said:

And PvP doesnt turn Toxic because of the competitive nature of PvP players...its because PvP players are toxic

This is one subject that just irrates me to no end...a million and one pvp games out there and yet now the PvPers want to come in and tell us how bad PvE sucks and the only good players are PvPers because nothing is like fighting an actual human. But every instnace of PvP Ive seen is high level griefers killing Npcs, ganking low level players and basically just being total wankers. Nah you can keep your PvP on WoW or where ever, dont have any use for it here

First of all, I love PvP.  And guess what?  I'm not one of those wankers.  I'm not a griefer.  I'm not gonna tell you how bad PvEers suck.  I'm one of the least toxic people you will ever have the pleasure to meet, nice as can be.  You, on the other hand, don't seem to be very nice.  You are spewing vitriol at an entire group of people...lumping them all together and accusing them (and I've never read anything on THIS forum that supports your stance) of doing that to you.  With no provocation.  It's unfortunate.  And your attitude really does offend me.  As far as wankers go, I'm pretty sure your post takes that award.

I see in your last post that you agreed with my way of thinking about how PvP should be implemented into Pantheon.  That it should be kept to completely separate servers.  I truly believe it should.  Not because I don't like PvE, or because I can't get along with PvEers, but because of attitudes like yours.  I want to play the same PvE game you do...with a little more danger and challenge, and without being called names by people that don't like my playstyle.  That's it.  

Also,

Sevens said:
    This guy girl gets it...well said

(Fixed that for you, and thank you.)  

And one more thing...

Kilsin said:

Thank you, Kilsin.  Can we all hug now?  <3

This post was edited by Sylee at December 22, 2015 6:32 PM PST
    • 106 posts
    December 22, 2015 6:43 PM PST

Lol, Kilsin predicted the future. He said pvp threads blow up. Can you send me next week's lottery numbers while your in such a Devine state? There are basically 2 types of people. Those that are pro pvp and those that are against pvp. You're not going to convince one to like the other. It's like trying to talk politics. This thread made me laugh. My 2 coppers worth. Arenas or instances that are pvp based like old school eq is fine with me or even a full pvp server. I just hope there is a pve only server because I normally role chars that suck at pvp, thus making pvp no fun for me.

Mod edit for Simples: changed killing to Kilsin :)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at December 23, 2015 2:51 AM PST
    • 9115 posts
    December 23, 2015 2:36 AM PST

Dullahan said:

Pantheon is a spiritual successor to EQ and VG

It is quite important that we include both games and keep in mind that Pantheon is a spiritual successor "in a sense" to these games and not a carry on or sequel to either of them, this is mainly a general statement because for everyone to read, but since you posted it mate, I just want to take this opportunity to remind everyone as I see it typed a lot but I think it's very important that people understand that Pantheon is its own game and will take ideas, mechanics, systems, features etc. from both EQ and VG, games that Brad worked on while creating a lot of our own new mechanics, features, systems, ideas etc. :)

• 9115 posts
    December 23, 2015 2:42 AM PST

Canno said:

Kilsin said:

Separate servers = separate instances/code, they have no impact on each other in any game unless the dev team makes it have an impact and just blanket copies everything and pushes it to multiple servers ;)

For example, usually resistance and healing are two big problems that PvE doesn't need to address as the players are usually balanced on AI NPC mobs but in PvP, these can be an issue and affect gameplay and combat quite dramatically. Some abilities vs NPC mobs is awesome and fun but vs another player is unbalanced/unfair/overpowered and throws off the whole class interdependence, so things like that we can change on the PvP server for the PvPers without the PvEers even knowing anything happened as it doesn't change on their servers.

• 9115 posts
    December 23, 2015 2:44 AM PST

Arksien said:

Kilsin said:

Could you make a sticky somewhere of things like this? Like a "topics we have a stance on" mega post stickied at the top of the forums? That could be really helpful to keep straight what has been covered, what has not, and what might be later in a list of bullet points (especially since the old topics are archived and don't pop up in the search).

As to the topic at hand, I like the way they're handling this. I'm not much of a pvp person, and while I find it can be fun, games that try to do both miss the mark at both. I did like the RVR idea of DAoC, and it had potential for ESO, but those were core tennants of the games since day 1. I found the WOW pvp community to be about as mature as the CoD crowd, but I'm not sure if it was the pvp I disliked or the community. Didn't really like it.

In any event, I'm glad that they seem to be handling this pretty in line of what I like in a game: mostly pve, balanced to pve, pvp maybe there as a fun option but not part of the core structure, with set servers for pvp. Works out great for my taste!

We already have answered it in our FAQ mate, we asked the community what they wanted to be answered and picked a bunch to post, so please feel free to check them if you are unsure about our stance or vision behind decisions we make :)

PvP specific FAQ:

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/#q36

• 9115 posts
    December 23, 2015 2:49 AM PST

Sylee said:

Sevens said:

First of all, I love PvP.  And guess what?  I'm not one of those wankers.  I'm not a griefer.  I'm not gonna tell you how bad PvEers suck.  I'm one of the least toxic people you will ever have the pleasure to meet, nice as can be.  You, on the other hand, don't seem to be very nice.  You are spewing vitriol at an entire group of people...lumping them all together and accusing them (and I've never read anything on THIS forum that supports your stance) of doing that to you.  With no provocation.  It's unfortunate.  And your attitude really does offend me.  As far as wankers go, I'm pretty sure your post takes that award.

I see in your last post that you agreed with my way of thinking about how PvP should be implemented into Pantheon.  That it should be kept to completely separate servers.  I truly believe it should.  Not because I don't like PvE, or because I can't get along with PvEers, but because of attitudes like yours.  I want to play the same PvE game you do...with a little more danger and challenge, and without being called names by people that don't like my playstyle.  That's it.  

Also,

Sevens said:
    This guy girl gets it...well said

(Fixed that for you, and thank you.)  

And one more thing...

Kilsin said:

Thank you, Kilsin.  Can we all hug now?  <3

I can honestly vouch for Sylee, as she is one of the nicest PvPers I have ever encountered and I am not someone who personally likes PvP much in my MMORPGs like EQ/VG (I'm more an FPS/Strategy/Survival PvP type of player), and I was bitterly against many PvP related changes in VG that would affect PvE servers as some of you may remember ;)

Yes, we can all hug now <3

No more worrying about each style of play affecting the other, we can all live in peace, enjoy Pantheon together and still play the way we like on different servers! :)