Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

DPS Meter

This topic has been closed.
    • 1860 posts
    May 26, 2016 5:49 PM PDT

With windowed mode anyone who wants it will have it right there on their screen during fights in real time though right? 

Another solution is to not have a windowed mode so that you would have to close the game in order to see your parse right?  Though I think that's a bad solution.  The idea I posted a couple posts up is better.  I enjoy windowed mode.

This post was edited by philo at May 26, 2016 5:51 PM PDT
    • 2130 posts
    May 26, 2016 6:59 PM PDT

Lol, moderator gets the last word then threatens to punish anyone who replies.

I'm ******* done with these forums. So done. I'll see you all in game, and hopefully the quality of the game is miles above this pile of **** forum.

• 578 posts
    May 26, 2016 9:29 PM PDT

Liav said:

I'd do the same if somebody continued to argue the same topic after being explained to him a handful of times.

Parsing can give real-time data just the same as a dps meter but VRi will not let any visual representation of it in-game such as in the form of an ui graphic/widget/etc. The real time parsing data will be done OUTSIDE of the game and then can be displayed within the game via the chat box after a fight. Or possibly during the fight if you want to be a prick and spam the results. But all the info will be handled outside of the game with no possible representation of that info inside the game except a print out that appears inside the chat box.

I think VG handled it this way where you couldn't see any in game visual graphic of the dps in real time, it could only be linked to the chat window. But in Rift you could, you could see on a graphical widget the dps in real time.

Reason being, from what I'm understanding, is because there will be no visual aid to help players that breaks immersion.

• 9115 posts
    May 27, 2016 3:09 AM PDT

Liav said:

I'm ******* done with these forums. So done. I'll see you all in game, and hopefully the quality of the game is miles above this pile of **** forum.

Issuing a statement at the end of my post to follow the forum guidelines (one or more of them) is what I have done in countless threads where people's emotions or personal opinions get out of control, if you don't like it, then there is not much I can do about that, you can be childish, stamp your feet and announce to the world you are leaving (again) or you could reread my posts and see that I explained it to you very clearly, accept it and move on, whether you like the answer or not or our stance on this topic is beside the point, it was made clear to you and everyone else. You were splitting hairs and arguing for arguments sake.

It is far too early to be discussing parsers when we haven't even decided on what information we will allow to be sent through to the chat window, this is a topic better suited for testing phases, continuing to post in this thread with limited information and personal opinions is pointless and counter productive, plus it is naive to expect to break the forum guidelines and get away with it, I am a fair person but you have pushed the limits to many times.

This thread is now being locked until we have more information on the subject to discuss.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at May 27, 2016 9:34 PM PDT