Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

In-Game Bugs!

• 9115 posts
    October 19, 2015 3:28 AM PDT

In-game Bugs - What is one of the best in-game bugs or glitches you have come across in an MMORPG and did you find it or did someone else tell you about it? :)

• 2130 posts
    October 19, 2015 4:53 AM PDT

Always liked the Vanguard bug that would let you walk through the air at flying mount speed when chuking to PotA.

In EQ, I liked being able to change the type of armor visual I was wearing by using an Amulet of Necropotence, since it reverts to the "last known" character appearance once the illusion is clicked off. This would allow a Shadowknight to run around in a robe/leather/chain if they wished.

Another fun one in EQOA was the tent in Moradhim that you could exploit to kill the level 35 city guards and get amazing xp. You would pull the guard then jump on the tent, and they would get into a position where you could attack them but they couldn't attack you. I abused that far more than I care to admit.

This post was edited by Liav at October 19, 2015 4:56 AM PDT
    • 1281 posts
    October 19, 2015 5:12 AM PDT

The only in-game "bug" I ever would say I took advantage of was in original EQ you could rotate the camera into the wall and see through it.

• 148 posts
    October 19, 2015 5:21 AM PDT

bigdogchris said:

The only in-game "bug" I ever would say I took advantage of was in original EQ you could rotate the camera into the wall and see through it.

Not really a bug, but I did the same all the time. In Droga if you did this there was a cube you could see that was textured with cat faces

• 9115 posts
    October 19, 2015 5:31 AM PDT

Liav said:

Always liked the Vanguard bug that would let you walk through the air at flying mount speed when chuking to PotA.

In EQ, I liked being able to change the type of armor visual I was wearing by using an Amulet of Necropotence, since it reverts to the "last known" character appearance once the illusion is clicked off. This would allow a Shadowknight to run around in a robe/leather/chain if they wished.

Another fun one in EQOA was the tent in Moradhim that you could exploit to kill the level 35 city guards and get amazing xp. You would pull the guard then jump on the tent, and they would get into a position where you could attack them but they couldn't attack you. I abused that far more than I care to admit.

Oh man...God Walk and Flight Bug were probably two of the most hated bugs of all time for me in VG lol. You could do this on any chunk line if you knew the steps to follow but POTA was consistent for most people for the flight bug.

• 9115 posts
    October 19, 2015 5:32 AM PDT

bigdogchris said:

Haha wall-banging! It is funny how many games have this bug.

• 338 posts
    October 19, 2015 5:34 AM PDT

Remember how in Siren's Grotto you could camp out right in the corner by the zone in and when you relogged you ended up at the Western Waste side ?

Kiz~

• 81 posts
    October 19, 2015 6:01 AM PDT

I have found many bugs over the years in many different betas. In live EQ, one I remember was in the plane of water if I recall. There was a shark; I think a great white shark, that dropped 1k plat when you killed it. We farmed that for a while then it was fixed. Another money bug that my friend found not myself was a vendor in Befallen, you could purchase something from him then sell it back to him for a profit. I heard people made quite a bit of money off that one. In Rift, there was a bug I found that you could preload your combo points before starting an encounter with an NPC. So combo point users would get full points and when the mob engaged it would take mass burst damage. That was in beta though, and it was fixed. That is all I can think of right now .... its early :P

• 724 posts
    October 19, 2015 6:25 AM PDT

In Archeage, ships can have harpoons which you can use to hit other ships and pull them to you (or you to them). But, you can also target the landscape..and the ground of the ocean. Then pull in the rope, "sinking" the ship. When you then cut the rope, the ship will come flying out of the water and high into the air, turning around. Great fun (might be fixed by now, haven't played in a while)!

Here's an example: Link

• 87 posts
    October 19, 2015 7:07 AM PDT

In Vanguard, there was a bug with the turkey feathers from the Thanksgiving quests where if you stacked two of them and clicked the buff off while you were changing between them, they made you giant, like if you were walking in the ocean, your head would be sticking out of the water like in the movie Time Bandits. They squashed it within a couple weeks due to the crazy lag it would cause in zones.