Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Zones / Levels

• 8 posts
    October 16, 2015 8:19 PM PDT

I would like to see more zones with a vast mixture of levels located above, below, or maybe an entrance to a dungeon in a different tier throughout the world maps.  I've noticed that if you have a 1-10 level range, once the majority of the population abandons those zones, they feel empty. I think it would be great to have a zone in from that area into a 20-30 level zone so the lowbies can get buffed or run to a higher level character nearby for safety. I Believe it will build a very social community.

I think it will give the lower level characters motivation and inspiration to level up or to try and acquire some gear you thought looked awesome.

What do you all think.

• 21 posts
    October 16, 2015 8:42 PM PDT

I agree, I remember doing that in other MMO's. Seeing that higher level character is good in my opinion because it reinforces the idea of the "journey". Also as you said it's nice if they're around to help you from time to time. another thing I would really like to see in zones is a Bermuda Triangle sort of effect. Unexplained/mystery happenings that happen for no apparent reason that could later be revealed or never revealed. I think it would be a lot of fun. 

• 511 posts
    October 16, 2015 8:53 PM PDT

EQ did a pretty good job of this, VG not so much, especially in the dungeons. LGuK runs from level 25 mobs (could go in with a group at low 20's) near the entrance, all the way up to the King, and Lord rooms being level 50. Many a times a high level running to a deeper camp would buff you, drag you for a rez, help you if you got into trouble etc.

• 85 posts
    October 16, 2015 9:05 PM PDT

Earlier, when I was reading the travel thread, I got to thinking about flying mounts. (Which I think are awesome at max level with a big,epic quest...ala VG.)  I was thinking that one cool thing to do would be to make some high level zones in the sky, accessible only by flying mount.  Now I'm thinking it would be a great idea to put some of that type of content in the skies above lower level areas.  The high level toons could then interact in those areas, landing in the towns and cities to conduct their business.  Would be great for immersion.  I can just imagine the wonder I would feel as a low level character when a raid of high level toons swoops into my town from above; tattered, but riding their majestic mounts and wielding their shiny new swords.   :)

This post was edited by Sylee at October 16, 2015 9:12 PM PDT
    • 179 posts
    October 16, 2015 11:15 PM PDT

I like the idea of only being able to fly to a group/raid area after getting a flying mount (key really). I would even allow the option of somebody getting on your mount like in AA. I do love flying mounts but I would limit them to how gliders work in AA. This still allows people to fly and see awesome things from up high but doesn't really allow them to skip over everything in the zone. Lower level players willl still get to see the awesome gear and mounts and high level buffs help out the community. :)