Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Pulling?

• 1778 posts
    June 10, 2016 12:39 PM PDT
    In XI you had to know how different mobs would aggro or link. (Multiple ways and different per mob type) So some you could pull from a group if other mobs not looking etc. The only 100% safe pulls in XI were pet pulls
    • 1468 posts
    June 10, 2016 1:26 PM PDT

I used to have a Necro main and my primary job in groups was pulling. In fact I think that the Necro was probably one of the best classes for pulling in EQ. You could do standard FD pulling with snare or you could pet pull. If you were good you could easily split large groups of mobs and single pull all the time. The only time it got hard was in dungeon where there wasn't much room to manuver and because you were a cloth class you couldn't take a beating in the same way a Monk or a Bard could so you had to be extra special careful not to get hit too often. Shadow Knights were also great for pulling for the same reason. The only other problem with Necro and SK pulling was that because FD was a spell and not a skill it could fizzle or it could be interupted by mobs which also sometimes made things hard if you were being beaten on.

• 1303 posts
    June 10, 2016 2:28 PM PDT

I loved FD pulling on the necro. It was one of those emergent behaviors that were so great. Not to mention is was pretty damn handy for splitting camps while solo'ing.... 

• 207 posts
    June 10, 2016 5:18 PM PDT

This is one mechanic I absolutely hope to see return. I played ffxi extensively and while I never did any endgame pulling I have tons of memories pulling for parties on my thief and blue mage as I leveled up. I absolutely love pulling, making high evasion sets specifically for the task, was awesome watching mobs hit at me and either missing me or hitting one of my shadows! 

The best parties were when a puller could slip off at about 20% of the mobs health grab a target and get it back with someone ready to sleep it while the group is finishing off the mob, the party felt do in sync you could grind for hours!

• 2138 posts
    June 11, 2016 3:17 PM PDT

I knew a pally,  that was excellent at pulling- in High level places. Truly a pleasure to see done well. 

• 578 posts
    June 11, 2016 8:54 PM PDT

I loved pulling with my bard in both EQ and VG so I'm torn with Pantheon. I don't know if I should pick a pulling class at launch and then main the bard once the bard releases or if I should pick an entirely different role at launch and then switch later. Ugh

• 1303 posts
    June 12, 2016 4:35 AM PDT

Manouk said:

I knew a pally,  that was excellent at pulling- in High level places. Truly a pleasure to see done well. 

Quite true. 

They couldnt exaclty split mobs, but they could root one in place then run back to the group with the other. If the group was good they could have the first mob mostly dead before the 2nd showed up.