Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Will there be Planes ?

• 338 posts
    September 27, 2015 5:20 AM PDT

EQ1 invented Planes with the launch of PoFear and PoHate afaik.

Originally PoFear was so challenging that entire raids would have multiple corpses and need the help of other guilds for recoveries.

PoHate was broken upon launch but man it was fun anyways... anyone else remember camping on the wall only to log in to a massive train lol ?

Vanguard didn't have any Planes.

Would you like to see Planer raid zones in Pantheon ?

For me Planes of Power in EQ1 was my favorite expansion of all time and I'm hoping for a return to the Planes someday ;)

Thanks for reading,

Kiz~

• 610 posts
    September 27, 2015 5:27 AM PDT

I would much rather have a complete full fledged world before thoughts of any planes are even discussed

• 338 posts
    September 27, 2015 5:59 AM PDT

The 2 original EQ planes came shortly after the launch.

I wasn't expecting anything like that with the launch of Pantheon... was more just speculating if we will see Planer expansion or more like Vanguard style without Planes.

Kiz~

• 610 posts
    September 27, 2015 6:55 AM PDT

Not sure how they would do planes..as terminus is sort of a mashed together bits and pieces of others worlds / planes...

• 338 posts
    September 27, 2015 7:01 AM PDT

Hmm mashed together planes... Here's hoping we get to see some of them.

Kiz~

• 1434 posts
    September 27, 2015 4:17 PM PDT

I would like Pantheon to be unique in the finer details, but seeing as how worlds have gone through rifts or portals into other worlds, I'm pretty sure finding ways to travel to other dimensions or back to old destroyed worlds is likely.

The lore says dragons and stuff are hibernating in hidden places. I think a lot can be done with putting content and hidden places around Terminus without having to cross over into other planes of existance.

• 79 posts
    October 3, 2015 11:37 AM PDT

I never understand the "we should wait till it's done before we even discuss this" posts like we're holding up design by talking about it. If it's so much of an interruption, why are you reading these posts anyways?

Back on topic. I definitely hope to see planes make an appearance in the game, while Terminus is a planet made out of the collisions of planes, and is basically a patchwork of different planes, there still could be planes that didn't collide into Terminus, and are still out there doing whatever planes do. Whether they just decide to introduce them by having more of these Collision events, adding the plane and its inhabitants(well the ones who make it :P ) into the world of Terminus, or introduce them by us opening gateways leading to them, I'd still think planes will have a pretty large role in Pantheon.

• 511 posts
    October 3, 2015 11:47 AM PDT

I would love to see zones with this level of difficulty. Being able to have 100-150 people in a zone with wipes was crazy fun!

• 383 posts
    October 3, 2015 3:55 PM PDT
    The harder the better to promote more working together to gain the shinies.
    • 1281 posts
    October 4, 2015 9:52 AM PDT

Planes are good. Of course you can talk about all of the game content that is built around planes, but what about flexibility in the rules? I think that's where planes really take off.

You could make a "roleplaying sense" for things like instancing or no-drop/soul-bound and other types of things that most players wouldn't like in the normal game. The planes are alternate reality ... the rules there are different.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at October 4, 2015 9:53 AM PDT
    • 74 posts
    October 8, 2015 7:19 PM PDT

I have to agree with Kiz on this one. As someone who played EQ from 1999 up through the beginning of GoD, I can say that everything after PoP seemed lame in comparison! I hope to fight the Gods in their realms for sure!

• 671 posts
    October 8, 2015 9:20 PM PDT

I am most certain that within Pantheon there will be altered planes of existence.

I highly doubt most of us would survive it if we encountered them. I would think it would take considerable amount of Wizard tech, to move a group of people all together into the same location, within another plane of existence. These are arcane arts and heady stuff, even for the most of all intellectuals. To summon enough magic to place your party at the foothills of Gods..?

Thou are many presumptuous Fallen on these boards. Finding a away will break the most hearty'est of you. Will you spend months finding the right papaya from magical blink bees, so that a portal writ can be imbued..? Does your guild have the wealth to even afford the rare ink, to even attempt the journey..?

Do they have the might..?

This post was edited by Hieromonk at October 8, 2015 9:22 PM PDT