Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Other ways to support the game...

• 383 posts
    April 6, 2015 10:00 AM PDT

All, I know that we have or are giving money to support the game, however I just wanted to remind everyone that support comes in other forms other than monetary.

One huge one is positive support on other forums. This doesn't mean to yell at or get into arguments with others who have a different opinion about the game, though just to spread your positive thoughts in a non-forceful way. This is a huge help due to the fact that as more people see this information more people will feel inclined to check out the site and hopefully donate to the cause. If they can't or don't donate, they might at least spread the news to a friend or family member which will in turn spread the news, which is also very helpful!

So I'm asking, if you get some spare time, please try to visit a site or two and post a few positive comments about the game, if you have them to post. I'm also asking that if you know of another forum where active Pantheon discussions are happening that you post the links here so we can keep track of them and give ideas to others and myself included on where to browse and post.

I myself only started to visit one other site currently and that's:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/1006/view/forums/thread/430050/page/2

I was just today able to cast 'hype' on the site which I personally think is a huge deal since the top seven hyped games get posted on the front page. We are just a couple points shy of getting back on the top 7 list, which will give us a lot of visibility to other gamers that may or may not have heard of us.  So do what you can when you can and let everyone know if you find a site that we can visit and have more Pantheon discussions! :)

This post was edited by Niien at April 6, 2015 5:23 PM PDT
    • 383 posts
    April 6, 2015 1:16 PM PDT

And it works! We are #7 again!

• 383 posts
    April 6, 2015 4:38 PM PDT

#5! :)

• 9115 posts
    April 6, 2015 5:22 PM PDT

Haha we have actually been doing this for quite some time now mate and watching ourselves rollercoaster up and down, in and out of MMORPG.coms top 7, it all depends on activity and visitors to the Pantheon sub threads, the more activity the more our score raises each times their servers tick to calculate all the game forums.

The hype rating helps but not as much as activity within the Pantheon threads :)

Good work though, keep it up Niien :)

• 383 posts
    April 7, 2015 10:55 AM PDT
    Kilsin said:

Haha we have actually been doing this for quite some time now mate and watching ourselves rollercoaster up and down, in and out of MMORPG.coms top 7, it all depends on activity and visitors to the Pantheon sub threads, the more activity the more our score raises each times their servers tick to calculate all the game forums.

The hype rating helps but not as much as activity within the Pantheon threads :)

#4!

It's totally not me! It's every one else making it happen. I'm just standing by watching. :)

• 1434 posts
    April 7, 2015 11:37 AM PDT
    Kilsin said:

Interesting.  I did not know that activity within the Pantheon section of the forum had a direct effect on the hype.  Now I have even more reason to post there.

• 383 posts
    April 7, 2015 1:36 PM PDT
    Dullahan said:
    Kilsin said:

Interesting.  I did not know that activity within the Pantheon section of the forum had a direct effect on the hype.  Now I have even more reason to post there.

I was unaware of that as well! I thought it was based on the hype alone.

• 1434 posts
    April 7, 2015 1:58 PM PDT

Funny before reading this I was just talking to another Pantheon fan about how their mmorpg hype rating went up with only a couple new hype votes and I didn't know why.  Figured maybe they had hype rating on a delay.  This makes more sense though.

Get your vote in guys and drop a post once in a while.  Having presence on mmorpg.com main page is good exposure!

• 2138 posts
    April 7, 2015 6:32 PM PDT
    Kilsin said:

oooh, clever clever cle-VER. does responding and posting to Forums on this pantheon site also help make "pings" to the other site? tbh I liked the fact that i got email notices on responses, and other posts-I like the way that keeps me involved. Now if I win the lottery....no, when, WHEN I win the lottery.....

• 383 posts
    April 7, 2015 9:59 PM PDT

Movin on up!!!

• 9115 posts
    April 7, 2015 10:20 PM PDT
    Manouk said:
    Kilsin said:

oooh, clever clever cle-VER. does responding and posting to Forums on this pantheon site also help make "pings" to the other site? tbh I liked the fact that i got email notices on responses, and other posts-I like the way that keeps me involved. Now if I win the lottery....no, when, WHEN I win the lottery.....

Sadly no, the only thing that helps raise our profile and "hype" over at MMORPG.com is posting on Pantheon threads and voting for us with hype points.

• 9115 posts
    April 7, 2015 10:25 PM PDT
    Niien said:

Movin on up!!!

It fluctuates a lot mate, you will see it drop off the charts for days then suddenly come back, the most action we get is around release times or when someone causes drama in a thread and people keep coming back to post/argue/explain etc.

The hype system itself is extremely buggy and flawed, it can be exploited too which was partly fixed a while ago. It is nice to see us in the top 7 just for publicity, other than that, it serves no real purpose.

There are other threads on this subject too mate, so I wouldn't bother updating otherwise it will just become a spam thread, I have been watching and "helping" our hype for months now as have other supporters, the best thing you can all do is keep the threads active with good information, positive discussion and keep it drama free also report any bad/troll posts so the MMORPG staff can help keep the sub forums for Pantheon clean ;)

• 383 posts
    April 8, 2015 7:04 AM PDT

I completely understand Kilsin. I was hoping others had links to other forums that they would be willing to share and in turn would help us spread the word. I personally don't have a lot of time to go searching for them, so I figured a thread that could have a lot of links in one would be nice to have. Though if you feel the need you can totally delete the thread. :)