Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Planned Guild names...

• 144 posts
    March 25, 2015 8:07 AM PDT

So how many people out there have their guild names chosen? How many will use the guild name they are accustom to or will stick with an Old favorite.

I was the Leader of Black Sun back in earlier VG days.  We were an end game raiding guild even though we didn't start out that way.  I was not always the leader either The person I inherited the guild from recruited me by promising lots of female dark elves and ale.  Seemed promising at the time.  It wasn't until I took the guild over that we became a raiding guild.

I ended my VG career in Exile with so many friends I cant even count them all.  So if Exile goes on in this game I will be there even if the name is different as long as the people are the same.

How are you going to roll?  What's your tag going to say?

• 19 posts
    March 25, 2015 8:17 AM PDT

I have a pretty solid crew of friends that will be playing with me, and we will likely do what we always do. Probably form a small guild for us and any other friends we bring on. Kick around in that guild until we get higher level or eventually decide to all join an actual guild. Beware the mighty "Porkchop Express" come launch day, we might even have enough members to field a whole group!

• 49 posts
    March 25, 2015 9:50 AM PDT
    I really look forward to gaming with some of the folks I have met here. Not many people I know that game anymore in real life. All my friends got married and boring. ;)
    • 148 posts
    March 25, 2015 9:50 AM PDT

I will find and join a guild either before or after launch , names not so important as the people in it.

• 1778 posts
    March 25, 2015 9:52 AM PDT
    Fallen out of contact with my FFXI peeps or theyve moved on to FFXIV(yuck). So ill be shopping for a guild. Im not ever being a leader again. That was 7 years of drama so nope not starting one. But happy to be a soldier for a very active guild.(40+ hrs a week).
    • 180 posts
    March 25, 2015 12:25 PM PDT

I would say Reverence will probably be around as strong as ever.

• VR Staff
    • 246 posts
    March 25, 2015 3:10 PM PDT

I plan to start a guild named "Devs Only", but will not actually let any developers in it.

• 378 posts
    March 25, 2015 3:16 PM PDT
    Istuulamae said:

I plan to start a guild named "Devs Only", but will not actually let any developers in it.

What about apprentice devs ? 

• 6 posts
    March 25, 2015 3:38 PM PDT

I have no friends ..... not that plan to play here anyway. most likely I'll float around alone until I stumble apon a nice rp guild.

• 308 posts
    March 25, 2015 4:12 PM PDT

the gaming community i belong to hopefully will start planning a chapter for this game when alpha is announced, all of them are scared of putting money on pantheon until something substantive is released.

if they do then the tag i will carry is "Aureus Knights"

if they dont then i will be shmucking it untagged until i can find some peeps to play with.

This post was edited by Gawd at March 26, 2015 2:45 PM PDT
    • VR Staff
    • 102 posts
    March 25, 2015 4:57 PM PDT
    Istuulamae said:

Hmmmm......how will you start a guild you can't be part of? Inquiring minds want to know. :p
    • 311 posts
    March 25, 2015 5:27 PM PDT

I believe I might start out in the developer guild seeing as I should have an invite as my status is purple, but will hopefully find a good guild that wants to raid, If Raive starts Trinity I might try to get a spot but I might not cause I'm not that hardcore anymore.

• 9115 posts
    March 25, 2015 5:56 PM PDT
    Kazingathi said:

I believe I might start out in the developer guild seeing as I should have an invite as my status is purple, but will hopefully find a good guild that wants to raid, If Raive starts Trinity I might try to get a spot but I might not cause I'm not that hardcore anymore.

What better way to raid than with Dev hacks! ;)

World firsts here we come baby!

• 383 posts
    March 25, 2015 6:05 PM PDT

Undecided. It seems like there are a lot of like minded people here, hoping to find some of those same people in game as well. However I really don't like non fantasy based names or guild names. Anything like fluffy bunnies or iRheretoKill really puts me off from grouping with those people as I personally get the impression that they just don't care.

This post was edited by Niien at March 26, 2015 7:55 PM PDT
    • 208 posts
    March 25, 2015 6:38 PM PDT
    I am going to try and bring the guild I was leader of when the servers unsettled. That guild was called Pathfinders of Al'kabor. Will create the one for Pantheon with the name Pathfinders of Pantheon if allowed. Already have a group setup and the old guild webpage is still active if anybody wants to take a gander.
    • 31 posts
    March 25, 2015 6:46 PM PDT

I'm going to name my guild something like IiIiIiIiIiI which represents a lovely garden fence. And all fence enthusiasts will be welcome.

This post was edited by Heskel at March 25, 2015 6:48 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    March 25, 2015 6:46 PM PDT
    Anasyn said:

I would say Reverence will probably be around as strong as ever.

Reverence will definitely be back stronger than ever mate, you and I will make sure of that ;)

• 23 posts
    March 25, 2015 6:53 PM PDT
    Kazingathi said:

Raive?...lawl i haven't heard that name in years..lost touch with him and Trinity.../wave (Aka Tudana)

I plan on shopping here for a guild as time goes by, we`ll see how it goes :)

that dev only guild looks promising, should be drama free.../rolls eye

This post was edited by Borneheld at March 26, 2015 11:56 AM PDT
    • 311 posts
    March 25, 2015 9:50 PM PDT
    Kilsin said:
    Kazingathi said:

What better way to raid than with Dev hacks! ;)

World firsts here we come baby!

Lol yeah but I'm not into dev insta wins I wanna see if they can play descent!!! Maybe pull a train back to roll Aradune lol.

• 311 posts
    March 25, 2015 9:54 PM PDT
    Borneheld said:
    Kazingathi said:

Raive?...lawl i haven't heard that name in years..lost touch with him and Trinity.../wave (Aka Tudana)

I plan on shopping here for a guild as time goes by, we`ll see how it goes :)

that dev guild looks promising, should be drama free.

Yeah been since Rift since I seen him, wasn't in their guild there. I miss ol Grunts de farts, Zinn, Vandria, pretty much all them was good times. I dunno bout drama free, I might have to train em a few times lol.

• 201 posts
    March 26, 2015 5:10 AM PDT

I'm hoping to bring Revenant,  the community I've been running for about 4 years now.  We have strong presence both in the US and International though out all type of games.

• VR Staff
    • 246 posts
    March 26, 2015 7:50 AM PDT

Wow. Guys, I meant that as a joke. "Devs only but have no devs", haha. Guess BlueEyed got it.

I'm sorry.

• 9115 posts
    March 26, 2015 8:21 AM PDT
    Istuulamae said:

Wow. Guys, I meant that as a joke. "Devs only but have no devs", haha. Guess BlueEyed got it.

I'm sorry.

There really is going to be a Developer Guild though (high pledging members get an invite to it as part of their pledge package), which is where the confusion probably came in mate, I got your joke though lol ;)

• 91 posts
    March 26, 2015 9:24 AM PDT

Will be APEX,  was High Council of Norrath for several years in EQ then joined Unconquered but when wow went live we started Apex and is still going strong there so we will bring it over to Pantheon

Xan

• 107 posts
    March 26, 2015 10:56 AM PDT
    Chaam said:

So how many people out there have their guild names chosen? How many will use the guild name they are accustom to or will stick with an Old favorite.

I was the Leader of Black Sun back in earlier VG days.  We were an end game raiding guild even though we didn't start out that way.  I was not always the leader either The person I inherited the guild from recruited me by promising lots of female dark elves and ale.  Seemed promising at the time.  It wasn't until I took the guild over that we became a raiding guild.

I ended my VG career in Exile with so many friends I cant even count them all.  So if Exile goes on in this game I will be there even if the name is different as long as the people are the same.

How are you going to roll?  What's your tag going to say?

This post was edited by Filzin at March 26, 2015 10:58 AM PDT