Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

I think I have a problem!

• 49 posts
    March 4, 2015 3:02 PM PST

So I have been so immersed in these forums since I discovered this game less than a week ago. I think I have a problem. The games not even out but the great community, the stellar staff, and customer support, have me addicted. Even at this point were the game to never come out I feel like my funds have gone to a good cause just to be with a group of such like minded folk. I don't often get to the point where I post a lot on forums and interact but something about all the discussions/drama/excitement of the players has sucked me in. I had to actually take time away from the forums of all things last night to spend time with my wife. LOL This is a bad sign for when the game comes out. Should I get a lawyer now? (Just kidding my wife is super great!)

Sorry just wanted to share that because I believe in the vision. Like I said previously even if it doesn't come out hopefully I can walk away with a friend or two. =)

Cheers!

• 753 posts
    March 4, 2015 3:17 PM PST

I have a friend who gets on me for being a little over hyped about it.

My response:  I loved EQ.  I didn't play VG as much because I had a large group of friends playing WoW... but what I saw of VG, I loved...

That makes Brad 2 for 2 with me.  It seems like a relatively safe bet for me to go a bit beyond hoping that Pantheon will make it 3 for 3.

:)

• 311 posts
    March 4, 2015 4:49 PM PST

Never played EQ I started with VG, and what I heard from the EQ vets was VG was a great and similar game though different. Some things better and some worse. To me who love VG also makes me feel 2 for 2 and soon to be 3 for 3. I have to say as an American nothing is better when a team of people can put their heart and sole into a game/ job without getting paid hardly anything. It tells me that they have a want and drive to make this the best they can. It's not about the money it's the experiences from EQ and VG they want to bring back and maybe even make better. I also feel honored to support in a way that I  can with a little money and a excitement for what was VG was in the beginning for me. I would also like to say I am confident in Brad and team to make a great game without my input cause it is their game to build, I am over ecstatic that they even listen to me. Whether I agree or don't agree with the way they are going. We have all learned an important lesson in life, we don't always get what we want, but if its close to VG (and this is the man who helped create it) I will be very happy.  Thankyou VRI, staff and Brad for giving me another game that will be similar to the game I liked the most and if I had the money I would pay all your salaries and still sub for a game like this.

VG was in noway perfect, right out of the gate you could hardley play it. Then it got sold to sony (bad imo) though it keep it going and added new content and made some much needed fixes thanks for that.  I would go sub back to VG right now and do it all over again. 

Tankyou again and it is nice you listen to a now programming person like me, stick close to what  you made with VG and EQ and you can't go wrong.

• 3016 posts
    March 4, 2015 5:04 PM PST
    Borumber said:

So I have been so immersed in these forums since I discovered this game less than a week ago. I think I have a problem. The games not even out but the great community, the stellar staff, and customer support, have me addicted. Even at this point were the game to never come out I feel like my funds have gone to a good cause just to be with a group of such like minded folk. I don't often get to the point where I post a lot on forums and interact but something about all the discussions/drama/excitement of the players has sucked me in. I had to actually take time away from the forums of all things last night to spend time with my wife. LOL This is a bad sign for when the game comes out. Should I get a lawyer now? (Just kidding my wife is super great!)

Sorry just wanted to share that because I believe in the vision. Like I said previously even if it doesn't come out hopefully I can walk away with a friend or two. =)

Cheers!

Enthusiasm on all sides (customer base and dev team) is motivating ..for all.   hehehe  Keeps the wheels turning.  :)

• 671 posts
    March 5, 2015 12:05 AM PST

I've come out of hibernation, to become spoken here.

VRi is going places...

• 6 posts
    March 5, 2015 2:42 AM PST

I'm really pleased how the game is progressing latterly. I've been a supporter from the kickstarter days and there's been loads of ups and downs but we seem to heading in the right direction now.

• 44 posts
    March 5, 2015 3:12 AM PST
    Hieromonk said:

VRi is going places...

let's hope it's not to Vegas ;p

• 610 posts
    March 5, 2015 3:57 AM PST
    Gelax said:
    Hieromonk said:

VRi is going places...

Actually they just returned from Vegas...

• 201 posts
    March 5, 2015 6:55 AM PST
    Sevens said:
    Gelax said:
    Hieromonk said:

VRi is going places...

Is that why they have to redo the store?  Lost all the money and now we have to figure out what else we can get these guys to buy? =)

• 610 posts
    March 5, 2015 8:57 AM PST
    Rivacom said:
    Sevens said:
    Gelax said:
    Hieromonk said:

VRi is going places...

Is that why they have to redo the store?  Lost all the money and now we have to figure out what else we can get these guys to buy? =)

Nah, they had a big Dev conference thing (DICE) I think it was called...out drumming up interest in PROTF

• 671 posts
    March 5, 2015 10:28 PM PST

So, exactly how many Here...  has tasted themselves some evercrack...  

I once had to explain to my therapist, that No...    I am a High Elf Wizard and role play as a Day Trader.

• 133 posts
    March 6, 2015 6:26 AM PST
    Hieromonk said:

I once had to explain to my therapist, that No...    I am a High Elf Wizard and role play as a Day Trader.

I played 6yrs on MT server, thats where Brains and Brawn was founded.

• 49 posts
    March 6, 2015 7:48 AM PST
    Hieromonk said:

That's pretty awesome way to look at it. So does that mean that my marriage is really and illusion and my true form is still stuck inside a video game?!?!?!?
    • 10 posts
    March 6, 2015 8:22 AM PST
    Borumber said:
    Hieromonk said:

That's pretty awesome way to look at it. So does that mean that my marriage is really and illusion and my true form is still stuck inside a video game?!?!?!?

I wouldn't try saying that to your wife ;) you may find all you have is left is video games. hahaha!

-aside - this was a great conversation. lol :)