Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Crafting superstar(s)

• 208 posts
    March 4, 2015 8:31 AM PST

Hey folks!  I had an idea last night that absolutely floored me when the board of education almost knocked me out.  Anyways, I know there is a lot of talk about Crafting being in at release now which is awesome!  The idea I had was we should get someone that KNOWS a LOT about crafting involved in the actual making of the systems.  Has anyone on the VRI team or even in the community know Naomi from EQcrafters fame or even Ngreth?  I am thinking that they might be willing to help design an actual crafting system for a game.  I do not know them at all other than from looking at their websites but I am hoping that someone either here at VRI or in the community know them and might put the idea to them about helping the VRI team design a great crafting system.  What do you folks think?

• 595 posts
    March 4, 2015 9:07 AM PST

This has been discussed, but I don't know that anything came out of it.  I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that Exmortis and Kilsin were 2 of the best candidates.  This was before Kilsin went green on us.  I browsed a bit for the thread but lost interest.

• 48 posts
    March 4, 2015 10:42 AM PST
    Exmortis is a knowledgable well spoken person. I am confident that I would love to craft in what ever system he created! Do it get him!
    • 133 posts
    March 4, 2015 1:10 PM PST

Thanks Borumber, made my day.  However I am not a game developer, but I would love to be closely involved as a player providing advice, collecting feedback from the community and maybe even just a wee bit, have some say in the direction system development and how it will all work in the end.

Though it would be heavily inspired from Vanguard's crafting system, with a bit of EQ2 thrown in there for good measure.

This post was edited by Exmortis at March 6, 2015 2:39 AM PST
    • 48 posts
    March 4, 2015 2:54 PM PST
    Exmortis said:

Thanks Borumber, made my day.  However I am not a game developer, but I would love to be closely involved as a player providing advice, collecting feedback from the community and maybe even just a wee bit, have some say in the direction system development and how it will all work in the end.

Though it would be heavily inspired from Vanguard's crafting system, with a bit of EQ2 thrown in there for good measure.

**edit dangit this forum keeps clumping my replys when I quote people. It doesn't do this on my phone!!!!!

Sometimes a clear vision is just as good as the programming skills that go with it. Those can be taught. Vision however is a gift. =)

This post was edited by Borumber at March 4, 2015 2:55 PM PST
    • 208 posts
    March 5, 2015 6:49 AM PST

The reason I am throwing out the idea of Naomi or Ngreth to advise on the creation of Crafting in pantheon is because they have such a WIDE range of crafting knowledge across multiple games and more importantly multiple systems for crafting.  In my head they would be able to give guideance and more than the usual feedback on designing a crafting system for the Devs that are building that system..

• 179 posts
    March 6, 2015 5:50 AM PST

My nomination would be a guy like Veganzombie from Vanguard that guy was a legend! Although I don't believe anyone has contacted him since Vanguard.