Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Crafting- My opinions

• 9 posts
    February 14, 2017 6:02 PM PST

Is there any hope for merging the Vanguard system with the EQ2 Active Response/combat style crafting?

• 10 posts
    March 5, 2017 2:23 PM PST

So many good information and ideas in this thread!

I just wrote a giant of a post trying to come up with a system based on crafting and adventuring working together, making crafting interesting and having a crafting process  which allows for crafters to create top-tier items while keeping balance with raids.. and seems like Vanguard already had the interesting part covered :)

Happy to hear the devs also like VGs system, even if it comes in an expansion, a good crafting system will be worth the wait. 

• 2138 posts
    March 5, 2017 6:00 PM PST

I hope the basic system that is implemented at launch is simple, and engagiong to use. For instance, Rusty weapon- sharpening stone in a forge = tarnished weapon and 1 skill up in Smithing!.... Success! A small success and the feeling " oh THAT's" how its done. And as someone previously mentioned, make it simple and intuitive as thjat will make it easier to build upon in later expansions say, when the crafting if completely fleshed out and finished. That way the players will keep goiong along as they are unbeknownst to any additions or increase in crafting untill thet get ot that level or ar exposed to higher crafting pieces.I imagine it like, rusty weapons drop everywhere, devs are working in the background, and suddenly when you go to polish the rusty sword it breaks- into hilt and blade with hopefully some queue to be able to smelt the blade into rough ore.