Forums » News and Announcements

Development Site - Points and Badge system

This topic has been closed.
    • 9115 posts
    January 22, 2015 1:58 AM PST

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to take this opportunity to explain a recent change that was made tonight, the team and I decided after numerous discussions that the Points and Badge systems are not the look we are going for on this site, this site was set up to be a little bit different from your normal everyday gaming website/forums and we want it to be a professional place where supporters can pay for the privilege to engage with developers and the team, while expressing their idea's, discussing game mechanics and systems, raising concerns or showing support for decisions made on a variety of things related to Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen.

We believe we have achieved that for the most part but while we now seek serious investors we want to clean the site up and bring it more in line with our vision of a professional development site and for us that means removing fluff systems like the points and badge systems, while I know they may have been fun for some, the majority of you did not use them and a small few abused them, it created competition, boosting and excessive posts in some extreme instances and we have decided to remove both systems and go back to a clean, professional looking site.

We may make some more small changes over the next few months too but it will be nothing more than just removing a few social media aspects to this site and cleaning it up a bit more to help bring them more in line with our vision.

We will leave the "thank" and the "add reputation" systems in place, as it is a way for members to support/agree without repeating the same answer and they can still show valuable support for a comment without actually posting.

We want to continue to promote healthy, mature and sensible discussions on a number of topics related to Pantheon and we believe that removing these point and badge systems are a step in the right direction to achieving our goal and maintaining that level of professionalism, feedback and post quality.

This isn't really a big deal for most of you but I wanted to explain it properly, as it is a change made by us that will affect everyone and over the coming days, you will notice that we will be cleaning up the last remnants of the point and badge pages and widgets.

Another small announcement is that we are currently in the process of finding a suitable site to call our "Official Pantheon Home", that will be owned and run by Visionary Realms Inc and be easier to use and closer to the EQ/VG forums style you are more familiar with, these new forums will most likely just require an account to be created for login. We do not have a timeframe on when we will find and open up these forums to everyone but it should be before the Alpha phase comes around as long as nothing drastically changes. That is the goal anyway, as you all know, things can change.

These forums will remain active for the paid privilege of developer interaction and it will remain our professional developer site for as long as we need to use it, even when the new forums become available, so don't worry nothing will change there.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank you guys and girls for all the fantastic feedback and discussions that have been emerging lately, it is great to see such good quality posts and idea's being thrown around and discussed in such a positive and mature manner, we look forward to seeing many more to come as we move forward with Pantheon!

Thanks from all of us on the team and please keep up the great discussions!

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at March 12, 2015 1:22 AM PDT