Forums » News and Announcements

Developer Round Table - 1.18.15

• VR Staff
    • 176 posts
    January 21, 2015 9:30 AM PST
    Deadshade said:
    Joppa said:
    There were a lot of questions we didn't cover in this first one, but we have all of the questions recorded and will continue to work through them in the upcoming Round Tables.

OK, thanks for the answer. It was unclear whether the rest of the questions was ditched or reported for another roundtable.

There's a little snippet at the very end where I clarify that, but most people didn't make it that far haha :)

• 595 posts
    January 21, 2015 9:38 AM PST

Thanks team!  My Girlfriend and I listened to every minute of it (while killing CB orcs I might add ;)) and were actually a bit sad when it ended.  I can't wait to here more and also get answers to some of the questions there wasn't time for!  Great stuff!

• 999 posts
    January 21, 2015 9:48 AM PST
    Joppa said:
    There were a lot of questions we didn't cover in this first one, but we have all of the questions recorded and will continue to work through them in the upcoming Round Tables.

Question on this - I know you originally said once your one question was answered, feel free to post another - would you prefer me to post the question to the original Roundtable thread or wait for the annoucement of the next Roundtable/thread and post the question there?

Thanks again all.

• 595 posts
    January 21, 2015 9:51 AM PST
    Raidan said:
    Joppa said:

Question on this - I know you originally said once your one question was answered, feel free to post another - would you prefer me to post the question to the original Roundtable thread or wait for the annoucement of the next Roundtable/thread and post the question there?

Thanks again all.

This is a really good question going forward.  As our questions get answered in subsequent discussions, where should we post new questions?  Thanks Raidan.

• VR Staff
    • 176 posts
    January 21, 2015 1:56 PM PST
    Raidan said:
    Joppa said:

Thanks again all.

Yep, great question Raidan.

For now, continue to post your questions in the original "Round Table Discussion Questions" thread. Kilsin and I will go in and continue to add new questions to the running list we have internally. This may or may not be the long-term system, but for now I think that will be fine. We'll keep the questions dated on our internal list so we avoid skipping over older questions with the new ones that come in.

Thanks!

• 83 posts
    January 22, 2015 3:36 PM PST
    Kilsin said:
    Zlambit said:

any chance for a transcript?

I rarely enjoy listening to these kinds of things, since speakers never have same audio quality and some have their mic setup so you hear more wind puffs than words or other issues.

But all the same a huge thanks for keeping us in the loop :)

I wasn't able to make a transcript word for word but I did take notes and write down some of the more important highlights in point form, if you are interested I have posted them here:

https://www.pantheonrotf.com/forums/topic/1612/developer-round-table-recap-1 :)

+alot thanks!

• 83 posts
    January 22, 2015 3:42 PM PST

- Balancing classes is not going to be “make them all equal at soloing” it will be more like – is that class fun to play in a group, can that class contribute to a group – if not then it is a problem that we will address.

Oh sweet mercifull coffee gods, this line alone makes the game worth waiting for imo :)

• 9115 posts
    January 25, 2015 8:26 PM PST
    Sogotp said:

Here is a saying that I fully expect will make someone's signature but I thought it was fitting regarding what was said in the round table... With great quests comes great Rewards.. 

My next question for the next round table discussion has two parts.. When someone says that they are world building, what does world building mean?  Does world building include the various systems in the game such as combat system, weather system, chat systems, mob spawning system, time system, etc or is it strictly building the various zones and dungeons of the world?

This might have been mentioned in the first roundtable, if it was I missed it though.. if it was answered before I will ask a different question..

Please repost this question in the appropriate thread "Round Table Discussion Questions" (Once you do I will go ahead and delete this post), that is where I will be continuing to collect and store the questions for our next Developer Round Table.

You can find that thread here: https://www.pantheonrotf.com/forums/topic/1564/round-table-discussion-questions