Forums » News and Announcements

Round Table Discussion Questions

This topic has been closed.
    • 453 posts
    January 9, 2015 4:52 PM PST

What type of ale does Sir Mithara drink ? 

• VR Staff
    • 102 posts
    January 9, 2015 5:31 PM PST
    Jason said:

Is this your one question Jason? Or the first twenty? :p
    • 311 posts
    January 9, 2015 5:33 PM PST

Heya blue if you have some tea, water or anything other than alcohol I might join.

• VR Staff
    • 102 posts
    January 9, 2015 5:40 PM PST
    Kazingathi said:

Heya blue if you have some tea, water or anything other than alcohol I might join.

Sure Kaz....we have something for everyone :) Do you take sugar and milk, or do you prefer lemon?
    • 453 posts
    January 9, 2015 5:41 PM PST
    BlueEyedGator said:
    Jason said:

Is this your one question Jason? Or the first twenty? :p

LOL Well if I only got one question it would be when does alpha begin :) But as this is not possible to answer I just wanna know, what does Brad eat while he is gaming ? Does he eat Mexican food accompanied with  a dark German high end beer like I do ? These are the questions that really matter . 

• 63 posts
    January 9, 2015 5:45 PM PST
    Zandil said:

Question

When is Brad inviting us all around for Beers ?

I'd be more than happy to for any fellow Floridians!

Great questions everyone, I cannot wait to give my take on some of these.

• 208 posts
    January 9, 2015 6:52 PM PST

Just out of curiousity and I might have missed this but : When is the first round table discussion Scheduled and where will it be available to be watched?

• 311 posts
    January 9, 2015 7:16 PM PST

I guess I shoulda said Iced tea lol but sugar is good!!

• 999 posts
    January 9, 2015 9:48 PM PST
    Montreseur said:

Glad to see I'm in good company - fellow Floridian here :)

• 9115 posts
    January 9, 2015 9:55 PM PST
    Raidan said:
    Montreseur said:

Australia is kind of like Florida in terms of weather isn't it? (ignoring all the deadly stuff) It's just a bit of a swim to catch up for a beer, I should start training now then lol ;)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at January 10, 2015 3:47 PM PST
    • 999 posts
    January 9, 2015 10:32 PM PST
    Kilsin said:

Australia is kind of like Florida in terms of weather isn't it? (ignoring all the deadly stuff) It's just a bit of a swim to catch up for a beer, I should start training now then lol ;)

Close enough!  And if you have enough of a pre-drink prior to the swim, it shouldn't be all too bad...

• 9115 posts
    January 9, 2015 10:34 PM PST
    Raidan said:
    Kilsin said:

Close enough!  And if you have enough of a pre-drink prior to the swim, it shouldn't be all too bad...

Hahaha good advice! :)

• 308 posts
    January 9, 2015 11:55 PM PST

are you still planing on having Classes branch into Specializations?

Example: you start as a Pathfinder. after reaching a predetermined level you can choose to become either a Ranger or a Druid

(with a fairly hard questline being preferable)

This post was edited by Gawd at January 10, 2015 3:46 PM PST
    • 432 posts
    January 10, 2015 7:27 AM PST

A question about trade skills.

It has been announced more or less clearly that trade skills will probably not be in the game at release. The alleged reason is lack of ressources.

In many personal discussions I have had, it appears that there is a number of potential players (I belong to them too) for whom this is a make or break issue. This issue cannot be healed by adding trade skills 6 months later - these TS oriented players are probably lost for the game forever.

According to polls and studies this category represents anywhere between 20-30% of an MMORPG dedicated player basis.

So the question is :

"If the issue is ressources, are you actively looking for volunteers able and willing to design the TS system and to program it (for example by publishing an offer on these and/or others boards) ?"

Clarifying sub question : "If you find 2 volunteers and there are still 2 years of development to go, will trade skills be in ?"

• 84 posts
    January 10, 2015 2:36 PM PST
    Zandil said:

Question

When is Brad inviting us all around for Beers ?

Lol Great question
    • VR Staff
    • 102 posts
    January 10, 2015 3:45 PM PST
    Raidan said:
    Montreseur said:

I knew I liked you for good reason Raidan ;) Did you enjoy our Florida blizzard the other day? Really, it really did snow for all of a few minutes, lol. @Kilsin, better start swimming now, the beer will get warm.
  • January 10, 2015 4:10 PM PST

My question for the roundtable is easy and straightforward.

Is Pantheon game play, as a complete entity, going to be closer to EverQuest1, EverQuest2, Vanguard, WoW, Rift, or GW2?

• 311 posts
    January 10, 2015 5:24 PM PST

Access to all of my abilities all the time - NO THANKS!

Here's our current plan, though not set in stone:

You have all of the spells you've learned (some from trainers, rarer more powerful ones found in the depths of dungeons).  You memorize X number at any time and use them.  Some you can click again (providing you still have enough mana), some you cannot until you re-mem.  

I also like the old school MUD concept of spell circles, where you could, say, mem 1 Major Heal, but also 2 Minor heals, because they were from a lower level spell circle.  It made planning more important, and you also ended up using older spells, not just the latest and greatest.

This post was edited by Aradune at January 10, 2015 5:09 PM PST ____________________________________ 

-Brad "Aradune" McQuaid

Thats what Aradune just posted sounds like a lil bit of all our favs will be in this for game play.

This post was edited by Kazingathi at February 7, 2015 11:16 AM PST
    • 453 posts
    January 10, 2015 5:27 PM PST

^^^ Would be fun to try out something unique and different from all the other MMOs I have played like that . I am intrigued :) 

• 132 posts
    January 11, 2015 4:10 AM PST

My question is about combat:

In the latest development video, combat seems to be more towards classic EQ style as in slower combat, auto attack etc, but
    in the Kickstarter video the combat is much more flowing with needs to actively dodge etc.

So my question is what is the design goal of the combat? Is it more like the latest video or the old kickstarter video, slower combat or faster? Active dodging or passive? Can you develop what kind of combat we can expect to so and how it works and flows?

Bonus question: how will you keep it interesting for melee only classes? Playing a melee class in EQ is kind of boring compared to the other classes.

This post was edited by sajbear at February 26, 2015 8:47 PM PST
    • 453 posts
    January 11, 2015 8:57 AM PST

^^^ Yeah, as much as I adored EQ, warriors were pretty damn boring. Auto attack + taunt. Their simplicity made them nice for multi boxing though LOL 

• 133 posts
    January 11, 2015 10:43 AM PST

Question:

It has been stated many times that Pantheon will have a player driven economy, yet crafting will not be in the game at launch.  How can there be a player economy with out players being able to actually participate in the economy by creating items?  How does one design a player based economy with out player interaction?  Better yet, how does one create a launch NPC driven economy model with plans to some day in the future revamp it to a player driven economy?

For the record, no matter how is it advertised or presented, buying a selling to and from NPCs is NOT in anyway a player driven economy.

This post was edited by Exmortis at February 26, 2015 8:48 PM PST
    • 311 posts
    January 11, 2015 10:55 AM PST

We are agreed Exmortis good question. I'm hoping you and others can help the team input a nice crafting system like VG had. I'm not the biggest fan of crafting but I do think is very important to have at the start of Pantheon.

• 238 posts
    January 12, 2015 8:40 PM PST

How will endgame unfold besides Raiding? What would a max level character do after all levels have been reached?

• 999 posts
    January 12, 2015 9:50 PM PST
    BlueEyedGator said:
    Raidan said:
    Montreseur said:

I knew I liked you for good reason Raidan ;) Did you enjoy our Florida blizzard the other day? Really, it really did snow for all of a few minutes, lol. @Kilsin, better start swimming now, the beer will get warm.

Haha yeah - we did see flurries - I thought all of Florida was going to shut down...