Forums » News and Announcements

Pantheon Hits Early Access in December

• VR Staff
    • 557 posts
    July 10, 2024 12:08 PM PDT
    Dear Community Members,

Thanks to your support and our Seasons efforts, our Team and processes are streamlined, focused, polished and productive.

So much so, that we have built up the confidence to release into Early Access in December 2024.

With 6 full zones.

12 classes.

And 6 playable races.

We can put out great content.

We’ve nailed every single release date since December 2023.

And you seem to be having a blast.

It’s time to let more people in.

We have to make some trade-offs to get there.

We had to pause our contracts with a few team members. This step was not taken lightly and was taken with purpose. It was necessary to plan for costs and focus resources on releasing Early Access.

It won’t be easy, but we have a clear plan. With resources focused on this goal and with your help, we are extremely confident we can do it. In fact, the work has already begun.

Seasons will continue for now. Halnir Cave next season, and Necro in the following season.

Then we pause Seasons and bear down on finishing the EA content for December.

We will need your help testing it and spreading the word.

All pledges will be free to play during Early Access – no sub costs, no additional fees, and pledges will get a head start before Early Access launches.

More on Early Access coming soon.

Let’s do this!

Chris Rowan, CEO
    • 212 posts
    July 11, 2024 9:58 AM PDT
    This is awesome!
    • 60 posts
    July 11, 2024 11:33 AM PDT

FANTASTIC!!!! this is huge progression!!!! attaboy Visionary Realms! Brad is smiling for sure!!

let's go!!!!!

• 21 posts
    July 11, 2024 1:33 PM PDT

Any estimate on the cost to non-pledges for Early Access?  Some friends have been following until further development of the game.

• 8 posts
    July 11, 2024 1:36 PM PDT

I have several friends lined up to get started. Can't wait! Great job!

• 3 posts
    July 11, 2024 3:11 PM PDT
    Excellent job VR! You all have really turned things around for the better since last year! I have renewed hope. Thanks for your hard work.
    • 5 posts
    July 11, 2024 5:07 PM PDT

I hope you can bring those folks back ASAP.  You definitely have some very hopeful and excited fans in my circles.  I believe the seasons approach was creative and took some courage to "try it" and not without some push back.  It seems this direction, art style, and vision is sticking and excited to see everything being content addition from here on!

• 910 posts
    July 12, 2024 1:05 AM PDT

Great news! Awesome! Grats to the team.

• 28 posts
    July 12, 2024 1:06 AM PDT

if i had friends, i'd tell 'em!

• 232 posts
    July 12, 2024 5:20 AM PDT

I’m excited that VR is moving beyond Seasons into Early Access! I appreciate all the hard work VR is doing to release a successful game.

• 4 posts
    July 13, 2024 5:56 AM PDT

Ayyyy! Lets go!!!

• 11 posts
    July 13, 2024 9:34 AM PDT

I can't wait! I'm so glad you guys have held on. I've been a supporter since the early days. I hope your system hasn't forgotten me.

• 121 posts
    July 13, 2024 3:00 PM PDT

I think it is great to want to let more people in, and certainly the pace of content has sped up.

However, be very careful with the words 'early access' for many people in general gaming community this signifies a soft launch and may set expectations too high. You only get one launch.

Personally, I would change next season to an 'Alpha' (and give champions full access) and swap to status 'Beta' or 'Open Beta' in December with some very clear guidelines to what this is, and leaving open a future 'Early Access' to attract another wave of customers.

Beta implies still in development (which it will be for some time) and balance/systems may change or maybe even a wipe/rollback if we get bugs. Basically it gives you more options, and buys more time/forgiveness from pledgers.. It also fulfils you Alpha / Beta access pledges on your page.  

This post was edited by Galden at July 13, 2024 3:00 PM PDT
    • 177 posts
    July 13, 2024 6:59 PM PDT

I see necro mentioned after Halnir Cave. Will it be one of the 12 classes or are you going to tease it and then put it away?

• 2240 posts
    July 13, 2024 9:05 PM PDT

Necro is planned to be one of the 12

• 232 posts
    July 14, 2024 4:54 AM PDT

The 12 classes for EA will be: Cleric, Dire Lord, Enchanter, Monk, Necromancer, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Shaman, Summoner, Warrior, Wizard.

• 24 posts
    July 14, 2024 10:44 AM PDT
    It's to early to call it EA. EA in my opinion should wait tell BATA. WE ARE STILL IN PRE ALPHA. it would be nice to hear the truth about all a sudden the rush to EA. If you need more people to play just put the game in Alpha. If you need more money tell us. You only get one launch. The game is not even 1/3 done yet. You say 6 zones but I'm sure they won't be fully done. The crafting system is not complete. Don't have all classes in yet. Will the classes have spells up to lvl 50? I don't know what the plan is to promote this endeavor. You better get it right if you put it on steam or any other platforms. The people will speak up and if you get bad rating that will stick with the game for ever. I can go all day about this stuff. At the end of the day there more questions than answers. I think you should have a few Q&As to explain the ins and outs. Plz make them longer than a hour. Just a side note. I do think you guys are doing a great job since 247. It's been noticed by most. Just plz don't dig a hole that you can't get out of.
    • 232 posts
    July 14, 2024 12:18 PM PDT

My current understanding from chatting on Discord (It was a horrible experience chatting on Discord as multiple people implied I was basically stupid that I had some concerns about Early Access.) is that VR has done away with using Pre-alpha, Alpha, and Beta to describe the progress of where Pantheon is in development. VR is using Pre-release, Early Access, and (I think) Release. If this is news to you, don’t feel bad about that because it was news to me too. Until yesterday, I thought VR was still in Pre-alpha. Yeah, several people made me feel bad on Discord for not knowing Pre-alpha, Alpha, and Beta are terms VR is no longer using.

• 60 posts
    July 14, 2024 12:25 PM PDT

Interestingly make sense, in a way.

Or maybe i misunderstood, but in  the end where we were sold on alpha access, for many years. Within months Seasons were created and Now Early access. 

It feels like we skipped steps regarding access to testing :-P now i am a dreamer mostof the time! lol so i do not think this will do anything but heck, as a champion and speaking of myself, getting full access to the game like VIP after this upcoming season Leading up to Early Access, id be down for that :-)

Cheers

Beez

This post was edited by Beez at July 14, 2024 12:27 PM PDT
    • 177 posts
    July 14, 2024 7:00 PM PDT

Did they drop druid in favor of necro?

• 2240 posts
    July 14, 2024 7:20 PM PDT

They didn't "drop" it. They have been bringing in classes as the game functionality has advanced to meet the abilities of those classes. After getting Summoner in the game, the functionality is now closer to supporting Necro than to supporting Druid. So they are bringing it in first.

IMO it also better supports their EA plans because we already have 2 Healers in the game, but only one Support/CC class. So getting Necro in for EA gives them 2 of each, rather than 3 Healers and 1 Support.

• 55 posts
    July 15, 2024 9:53 AM PDT

I agree with what others have stated then all those who paid for Alpha access should be able to have full access for the next 2 seasons that is only fair.  It's what we signed up for.  I mean we have been patient.  So come on VR time to give us some love.

• 956 posts
    July 18, 2024 2:54 PM PDT

@Jothany
    Love it.
    Perhaps they can totally redo the Druid as more of a DnD flavor where they are elemental shapeshifters.  Could have them be a close range AoE healer in water elemental form using their own body (HP) to heal those close... and perhaps one of the other healers could heal the Druid while the Druid is sacrificing their essence to AoE heal (or AoE damage using their HP in a fire elemental form).  IDK... there's so much they could do with the Druid :(

I'm just happy to hear Necro is in!

This post was edited by Darch at July 18, 2024 2:56 PM PDT
    • 2 posts
    July 24, 2024 10:03 AM PDT

Please stop emailing me I don't appreciate being contacted by conmen and scam artists.

• VR Staff
    • 557 posts
    July 24, 2024 11:37 AM PDT

Emails only went out to subscribed emails. There is an option to unsubscribe if you wish. It's probably quicker than coming here, logging in, and typing out a post.