Forums » News and Announcements

The Joppa Interview - WASDRadio.com

• 3 posts
    January 2, 2015 6:54 PM PST

Hey all!

A few weeks ago we teased you with some information about an interview we did with Joppa on WASDRadio.com.  Please feel free to check it out on the Sam Skatch Show Episode 8.  There is some entertaining gaming related chat at the beginning, so if you are wanting to go right to the interview then you will find it right around 30:50.  Of course, we would hope you would listen to the whole show and check out some others as well. 

We had a lot of fun getting to know Joppa better and hope you do too!  He also gave us a clip of some of the beautiful Pantheon music he has created.  Thank you so very much for coming on WASDRadio.com, Joppa.  Looking forward to the next interview with you guys!

Sam Skatch Show Episode 8

• 453 posts
    January 2, 2015 7:07 PM PST

Looking forward to it too :)

This post was edited by Jason at January 5, 2015 10:37 AM PST
    • VR Staff
    • 176 posts
    January 2, 2015 7:38 PM PST
    Thanks Rapha! And thanks to WASDRadio.com and Hydra Interchange for putting this opportunity together!
    • 9115 posts
    January 2, 2015 10:28 PM PST

That was a great interview Joppa!

It was really good to get a better insight from you since your arrival to present and to get a better understanding of the amount of work you guy's have undertaken, it really is a credit to the whole team and I loved the piece of music at the end too! :)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at January 5, 2015 6:32 PM PST
    • 453 posts
    January 3, 2015 8:32 AM PST

I listened to the interview, good stuff, and most importantly I learned I was pronouncing the name Joppa wrong LOL . Looking forward to more of this in the future :)

• 132 posts
    January 3, 2015 12:50 PM PST

Nice interview.

Linked it on reddit too:

http://www.reddit.com/r/PantheonMMO/comments/2r8btx/sam_skatch_show_episode_8_special_guest_chris/

Joppa:
    You should post the link to the interview on the facebook page.

• 208 posts
    January 3, 2015 2:17 PM PST

It was a very interesting and good interview.  I am just curious though, were the subjects to be covered known ahead of time or was it unscripted?  The music that you have done is very good in my opinion.  Look forward to the next interview that Sketchman does on Pantheon. 

• VR Staff
    • 50 posts
    January 3, 2015 5:16 PM PST

Is it just me or is part of the interview missing?  It seems to cut off before the hour mark, even when I download it.

• 9115 posts
    January 3, 2015 5:55 PM PST
    Zoeii said:

Is it just me or is part of the interview missing?  It seems to cut off before the hour mark, even when I download it.

The interview cut out around the 31 min mark for me and I had to reload it and start from that point again but I think it was connection streaming it more than anything, I didn't let it buffer properly and well, Australian internet speeds suck!

But the interview went for around 1 hour and 30 mins, so just reload it and start from where you left off to finish it. :)

• 311 posts
    January 3, 2015 8:14 PM PST

Good job on the interview, good job to the team, good music, and thanks WASD for the interview. Though I think musically, lore and world building can all help each other to get the creative juices flowing, but yes usually lore should drive it. I'm actually happy its all volintary team think it will turn out much better with all of us helping. Forward Ho!! Ready to play lol

• VR Staff
    • 246 posts
    January 3, 2015 9:05 PM PST
    Thanks Rapha, for the opportunity & exposure. Joppa, excellent work.
    • 179 posts
    January 4, 2015 4:16 AM PST

Joppa did a great interview. The music at the end was very well done also!

• 610 posts
    January 4, 2015 7:42 AM PST

Most diplomatic the way you handle the subject of the previous regime...

I must say Joppa you are the one who saved Pantheon for me, I was at the door ready to leave...hell I had even started posting on Rerolled (not bashing PROTF but not actively defending it either) because of all the crap that was going on before. The day Brad made the announcement that you had been promoted I decided to see what you could do with the chance and I must say you have not disappointed.

Great interview, love to hear your passion for the project and excited to hear Monty and others up next

This post was edited by Sevens at January 6, 2015 12:04 AM PST
    • 3 posts
    January 4, 2015 11:49 AM PST

Hello folks, glad you enjoyed the interview. I want to thank Joppa for taking the time to sit down and speak with me. It was a very interesting conversation. I wish i would have pronounced your name right more often than not;P

The interview was not "prescripted" and the subjects are not known ahead of time. I wish the interview to be filled with more candor, and have a natural flow to it. The idea is to learn something about the people who make our games.

TV, and movies have actors and directors, bibliophiles can follow their favorite authors while gaming is often left without our celebrities. I just want to shine the spotlight back where it belongs, on the people who work hard to make the entertainment we love.

I look forward to getting to know the other members of this team who would like to share their story. If you enjoy hearing from great folks within the gaming industry keep tabs on WasdRadio.com

This post was edited by Skatch at January 6, 2015 10:42 AM PST
    • 3016 posts
    January 4, 2015 1:21 PM PST

Thank you! Very informative. :)  Glad to hear that my two favorite teams Lore4 and Joppa's team are collaborating on this project.      

And Joppa...what can I say...beautiful music. :)

Thanks very much Folks...Onward! :)

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at January 4, 2015 6:28 PM PST
    • VR Staff
    • 246 posts
    January 4, 2015 1:45 PM PST
    Thanks so much, Skatch! So kind & a memorable interview.
    • 311 posts
    January 4, 2015 2:28 PM PST

Thanks Skatch nice interview and thanks for no gotcha its nice to have questions asked and answered with no predetermination of like or dislike. Thanks I think too for your help on VGemo too if that was you early on.

• VR Staff
    • 176 posts
    January 5, 2015 8:49 AM PST

Thank you all for the kind words - it's time for our team to start stepping out a bit more and letting everyone see the heart and soul of what's really going on over here. Our soon coming updates will surely speak for themselves, but we want our voices to be heard as well. 

Thank you again to Skatch and Rapha, and everyone that works to make WASDRadio and Hydra Interchange function and grow. Hopefully, this interview will be the first of many interviews, podcasts and other special content updates we hope will make 2015 a year like no other for Pantheon's development and community interaction.

• 1 posts
    January 5, 2015 4:28 PM PST

It was a good interview. I am happy to see that Terminus has fallen into hands that are caring for it and taking it places no other MMO could venture. Through all the development storm of the past, my love of the world of Terminus continues (as it does for all of the worlds I played a part in forging.) This interview leaves me with hope for Terminus and I have to say, I sorta of wish I could contribute to the world in some way now. 

At its lore core, Pantheon has the opportunity to transcend conventions. This could carry over to its gameplay mechanics as it was planned. But the most important part of Pantheon was always community. May they return and Terminus breach the dawn.

Till Yonder

• 7 posts
    January 5, 2015 6:12 PM PST

thanks for everything joepah, errr joppa!

• 3016 posts
    January 5, 2015 6:26 PM PST
    Vhalen said:

It was a good interview. I am happy to see that Terminus has fallen into hands that are caring for it and taking it places no other MMO could venture. Through all the development storm of the past, my love of the world of Terminus continues (as it does for all of the worlds I played a part in forging.) This interview leaves me with hope for Terminus and I have to say, I sorta of wish I could contribute to the world in some way now. 

At its lore core, Pantheon has the opportunity to transcend conventions. This could carry over to its gameplay mechanics as it was planned. But the most important part of Pantheon was always community. May they return and Terminus breach the dawn.

Till Yonder

Well hey there, Vhalen...nice to see you pop back in. :)  Things seem to be going better now.    I'm not letting go til this game gets released! hehehe

• 208 posts
    January 5, 2015 6:31 PM PST

Aye Cana, it is NICE to see more and more of the Lore 4 coming back to the forums.  Now if we could just get them to join back up withthe Lore team this game would really be the bee's knees!!!

• 3 posts
    January 5, 2015 7:44 PM PST

Very glad everyone is enjoying the interview.  This is what WASDRadio is all about!  For those of you who were around from the beginning you can also find an interview from Vu and hear what he has been up to lately.  I'm looking forward to hearing from more of the Pantheon dev team, so keep an eye out for more!  :)

• 3016 posts
    January 5, 2015 7:47 PM PST
    Rapha said:

Very glad everyone is enjoying the interview.  This is what WASDRadio is all about!  For those of you who were around from the beginning you can also find an interview from Vu and hear what he has been up to lately.  I'm looking forward to hearing from more of the Pantheon dev team, so keep an eye out for more!  :)

Vu? Yes thanks I'll look for that.  :)

Cana

• 999 posts
    January 5, 2015 8:07 PM PST

Just had the chance to listen to the interview - I'll echo what others said here and thanks Joppa, Skatch and others for a great listen.  I look forward to Pantheon's development and continued mending/expanding of community in 2015.