Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

any plans for a map?

• 118 posts
    June 10, 2024 10:10 AM PDT
    So I played a couple hours and was thoroughly frustrated by the lack of any map. I didn't even see any signs along the road. I asked in game and had several players that were adamant "THERE WONT BE A MAP" in OOC chat. Is there just no map now or no plans for one ever? For a game that has been in development for 10 years I am really surprised at the lack of a map.

I can get on board with no mini map, but why no map when I press M? Perhaps the whole map can be dark when you first begin, but opens up as you explore more and more. I dont remember the last game that I played that didn't have a map of some sort. Cheers
    • 2114 posts
    June 10, 2024 2:01 PM PDT

Joppa's stated intention - as last I heard it - was that there will be something like you describe, a 'fog of war' map that opens up as we explore. No mini-map w) GPS. He's been clear that it's not high on the agenda and it won't happen soon. Currently, several maps have been created by players/guilds and are linked on the Discord forums if you wish to make use of them.

• 118 posts
    June 11, 2024 6:29 AM PDT

Thank you for the reply and information.

• 1 posts
    June 15, 2024 2:49 AM PDT

Call me oldschool but I enjoy having to get to know an area. The enjoyment of running through a zone you know and not having to open a map every couple minutes is amazing although I do understand that it can be a bit frustrating at the beginning. On the other hand this gives you an opportunity to interact with people and ask questions, the community is awesome so you'll usually get an answer real quick. For future larger zones I can see them implementing maybe a quest chain you have to complete to get a map but I'm very much against making them easily accessible as if everyone is born with a map in their back pocket.

This post was edited by Elzhi at June 15, 2024 2:49 AM PDT
    • 3 posts
    June 15, 2024 3:39 PM PDT

I'm fine with there being no mini map, but if the quests would give a general direction.. like " seek so-and-so to the north west" would be awesome. Don't need a map marker, just point me in the general direction.