Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Still in pre alpha?

• 105 posts
    October 17, 2023 8:13 AM PDT

'Bout to get so dizzy from the spin.

• 185 posts
    October 17, 2023 10:45 AM PDT

Nexira, yep, this was never about performance or anything like that.

The new art direction was simply incompatible with an oldschool gaming experience/audience. They were clearly setting up for a major change in direction.

Now it looks like the very best we can hope for is that development of the actual MMO resumes sometime in 2025(!)

This post was edited by lotuss79 at October 17, 2023 4:16 PM PDT
    • 3852 posts
    October 17, 2023 10:56 AM PDT

I will politely wait for VR to say something official on these forums. But this type of about face shrieks of desperation and, worse, is rarely successful. 

• 902 posts
    October 17, 2023 2:00 PM PDT

Well don't hold your breath.  Apparently nothing official should be expected until next year now.

Shees. Talk about slaps in the face!

• 388 posts
    October 17, 2023 2:21 PM PDT

I was bored so I thought I would swing by and see if anyone else noticed complete radio silence since the new art announcement.  

Let's be real guys. This game is 100% dead. They might still be trying to milk pledges, but this game is not releasing. ever. 

Sorry to burst bubbles. I pledged $300 about 30-35 years ago.....  

Say goodbye to your $ pledges, they are non refundable. You will not be getting a game.  I honestly think EQ3 has a better chance at releasing than Pantheon.  

Heck, look at RedbearFlynn's youtube channel. After getting into Pre-alpha, he was low key saying "ummm" and he has moved on. Don't think he's even talked about pantheon after giving his "thoughts?"  "Concerns?"  "eulogy?" for the game. ( he has lost all faith in the game as far as I can see. As have I and 98% of the games followers. (Not to mention, Bazgrim has also just left the game entirely)  

The only ones left are the white knights that refuse to believe the truth.  

This post was edited by Flapp at October 17, 2023 2:28 PM PDT
    • 31 posts
    October 17, 2023 2:35 PM PDT

Maybe its just me that is optimistic in nature but..

After all the critic/backlash/rumours i believe that VR is working their asses off

to show something with meat on, hence the "radio silence".

This post was edited by Nivea at October 17, 2023 2:43 PM PDT
    • 902 posts
    October 17, 2023 3:22 PM PDT

Not heard the larest roumers then? The 24 7 testing is something other than pantheon. Working on something else? Radio silence is not great news this time!

This post was edited by chenzeme at October 17, 2023 4:28 PM PDT
    • 368 posts
    October 25, 2023 8:45 AM PDT

chenzeme said:

Prevenge: Hopefully you and the other 2 guys that keep making hundreds of negative posts like it too. Or at least 1 or 2 of you, so there's a lot less negativity to read through every time I log in.  

Wow, I mean! Really? Talk about fake news. You know there are just as many negative views as positive. Man, this isnt worth a rebuttal.

People see what they want to see, hear what they want to hear, and shelter themselves from anything that detracts from their fragile sense of reality.