Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

• 52 posts
    May 27, 2023 9:25 AM PDT

What are we looking at Vramwise. Are we looking at 8gb or 24gb cards? I know more can be better but look at the price of the 4090 atm, brutal price.

What about system memory as well?.  Newer games are starting to use more CPU and GPU memory. 8gb of Vram are going to be a thing of the past in a year or so. (imho)

I assume RT will be big  and DLSS 3 will be used to pump up the framerate?

What cards are you guys using in house for coding/testing?

Most of us know that Video card prices are dropping (still insane though) and it got me thinking of what we're going to need to run at decent FR.

*edited for speeling LOL*

This post was edited by Zaztur at May 27, 2023 9:27 AM PDT
    • 363 posts
    May 27, 2023 11:08 AM PDT

Good question. I have an I7 Intel processor that is 2 generations old, 32 GB of DDR5 and a RTX 3060 Ti video card. Is this enough to run the game smoothly at 2560X1440 (my native monitor setting)?

My setup runs most newer games at that resolution just fine, but they are NOT a MMO.

This post was edited by Anistosoles at May 27, 2023 11:10 AM PDT
    • 363 posts
    May 27, 2023 11:15 AM PDT

And, YES, I know it's pre-alpha...but it would be nice to kinda know what system we need to run the game at acceptable frame rates. I know they mentioned a big increase in FPS after the last pass, so I am expecting things to be okay.

This post was edited by Anistosoles at May 27, 2023 11:15 AM PDT
    • 52 posts
    May 27, 2023 11:19 AM PDT

I have a 3070 OC and run 2k on desktop. I'm curious what others are running in Alpha.

I bet we'll be into 50 series before release.

• 3852 posts
    May 27, 2023 12:13 PM PDT

" I'm curious what others are running in Alpha."

All Gods of the pantheon willing we will find out next year. Though I suspect you mean pre-alpha. I would be shocked if however it is running it does not run faster and better by alpha unless so much bloat is added that it outwieghs the improvements they are doubtlessly making.

• 37 posts
    May 27, 2023 6:52 PM PDT

In the recent stream they had a 13700/4070ti@1440p and it ran low settings 120-130 and max settings 90-100.

DLSS requires implementation with Nvidia but they haven't said anything on it. FSR/XeSS are probably easier to add and can be used more broadly. DLSS 3 is a pass for me. Don't want added latency.

RT for an indie mmo, doubtfull, and would much prefer they added gameplay/content.

As for vram, consoles went to 12-14gig in 2020. You get a bit of a grace period when the new consoles launch where games are ok and still being designed with previous gen consoles in mind. We are 3years after launch so that 12 gigs is now being utilized and creating issues on 8gig cards but Nvidia/amd still producing 8gig cards. Nvidia using the expensive gddr6x which is faster until it goes beyond their vram limit then the  12-16gb of slower cheaper stuff will outperform it.

This post was edited by redman323 at May 27, 2023 6:52 PM PDT
    • 2419 posts
    May 28, 2023 8:05 AM PDT

Given how long it will be before this game releases, there will be another whole generation and a half of videos cards released.  Nvidia 4090 Ti will be mid-tier by that point.  I dont see this game needing >12GB VRAM and I'll bet any system with 32GB RAM will be more than adequate.

• 52 posts
    May 28, 2023 8:07 AM PDT

redman323 said:

In the recent stream they had a 13700/4070ti@1440p and it ran low settings 120-130 and max settings 90-100.

DLSS requires implementation with Nvidia but they haven't said anything on it. FSR/XeSS are probably easier to add and can be used more broadly. DLSS 3 is a pass for me. Don't want added latency.

RT for an indie mmo, doubtfull, and would much prefer they added gameplay/content.

As for vram, consoles went to 12-14gig in 2020. You get a bit of a grace period when the new consoles launch where games are ok and still being designed with previous gen consoles in mind. We are 3years after launch so that 12 gigs is now being utilized and creating issues on 8gig cards but Nvidia/amd still producing 8gig cards. Nvidia using the expensive gddr6x which is faster until it goes beyond their vram limit then the  12-16gb of slower cheaper stuff will outperform it.

Interesting, that setup is kinda upper midrange. So running it in 4k would likely dropped it down to 60ish (as a guess) which is still good. I'd like to know what the minimum specs will eventually be. The game being another year out and 8gb could be the minimum. I'm thinking my 3070 OC will be the low end lol.

• 52 posts
    May 28, 2023 8:09 AM PDT

Vandraad said:

Given how long it will be before this game releases, there will be another whole generation and a half of videos cards released.  Nvidia 4090 Ti will be mid-tier by that point.  I dont see this game needing >12GB VRAM and I'll bet any system with 32GB RAM will be more than adequate.

See the price of the 4090? /faint

• 2419 posts
    May 28, 2023 11:31 AM PDT

Zaztur said:

Vandraad said:

Start saving now so in 2+ years when the game is ready for release you'll have enough to buy a top-tier card.

• 52 posts
    May 28, 2023 5:22 PM PDT

Vandraad said:

Zaztur said:

Vandraad said:

Start saving now so in 2+ years when the game is ready for release you'll have enough to buy a top-tier card.

lol maybe.

• 947 posts
    May 30, 2023 1:13 PM PDT

I literally built a new PC for this game almost 7 years ago... (not realizing the development pace).  With that said, I would wait until the game is actually anywhere near production (maybe another 5+ years at this rate) before bothering with upgrading.

With that said, any modern system should be able to run this game smoothly.

• 2419 posts
    May 30, 2023 3:01 PM PDT

Darch said:

I literally built a new PC for this game almost 7 years ago... (not realizing the development pace).  With that said, I would wait until the game is actually anywhere near production (maybe another 5+ years at this rate) before bothering with upgrading.

With that said, any modern system should be able to run this game smoothly.

I did exactly that when were were emphatically told, by Brad himself and others, that Alpha was definitely going to happen in 2018.

• 78 posts
    May 30, 2023 7:16 PM PDT

Vandraad said:

I did exactly that when were were emphatically told, by Brad himself and others, that Alpha was definitely going to happen in 2018.

Maybe they are in the alpha stage of the pre alpha stage.