Forums » Fan Creations

Amensol's Focus: The Bonds of Freedom (Ch. 14)

• 342 posts
    January 14, 2023 11:54 AM PST

No one's story ever really ends.  Each life has seasons that are travelled through.  The same is true for Kador and E'mani.  The story continues even after the writing stops.  Kador's will be through personal speculation, unless more of his life is shared in subsequent writings, but E'mani Karos' story will pick back up at the launch of Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen.  I just hope I have done his character justice through these stories.  That goes for all of the great characters I have touched on that we have read about through the lore as dictated by JN Gerhart.  I'm grateful for the compelling stories of those characters that made writing my stories so much fun.

My story, from Amensol's Shadow: Genesis through to the end of Amensol's Focus, has been about choices and how they influence the course of a life.  Each "bad guy" and "good guy" has a justification in their minds for why they are doing what they are doing.  It makes sense to them.  Knowing that this is true of all the people around us, they guy who cuts you off in traffic, the family member with opposite political views from you, or even the coworker talking trash about you behind your back, should initiate empathy in every situation, meeting people where they are, understanding their perspectives even if you don't agree.  In school we learn of personification, giving human perspectives to inanimate objects and pets and so on.  Doing so invokes emotions in people similar to if those objects were human (Wilson!!!).  It could be said, then, that empathy is the personifying of humans.  We would all treat everyone better if we treated everyone as humans, agree with me or not, made in the image of God.

Amensol's Focus: Bonds of Freedom