Forums » News and Announcements

2023 Development Update Live Stream

• VR Staff
    • 524 posts
    January 11, 2023 10:23 AM PST

There has been a lot of activity surrounding Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. Are you curious what the new year will bring?  Please join us January 12th at 6PM PST (9PM EST) on Twitch, for a development update live stream.  The focus will be on the first quarter and what Pantheon followers can expect over the next few months. 

We hope to see you there!

• 326 posts
    January 11, 2023 12:47 PM PST

groovy

• 3852 posts
    January 12, 2023 8:16 AM PST

Very curious, epecially as to whether there are any expectations for how long it will be before pre-alpha is over. Entirely over, I mean, not just moving to a new set of tests.

For the record - I hope it takes as long as it needs to take to produce the necessary results and I am not even hinting at curiosity as to what comes afterwards. Not that I would deny such curiosity. The former would be useless - the latter would be dishonest.

This post was edited by dorotea at January 13, 2023 9:49 AM PST
    • VR Staff
    • 524 posts
    January 12, 2023 8:31 AM PST

dorotea said:

Very curious, epecially as to whether there are any expectations for how long it will be before pre-alpha is over. Entirely over, I mean, not just moving to a new set of tests.

For the record - I hope it takes as long as it needs to take to produce the necessary results and I am not evem hinting at curiosity as to what comes afterwards. Not that I would deny such curiosity. The former would be useless - the latter would be dishonest.

There isn't a specific time frame that can be given, but you can keep track of progression via the monthly newsletter. https://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/_2022/December/

• 8 posts
    January 12, 2023 9:39 AM PST

I cant wait to play and see how much has been done.

• 141 posts
    January 15, 2023 1:04 AM PST

dorotea said:

For the record - I hope it takes as long as it needs to take to produce the necessary results and I am not even hinting at curiosity as to what comes afterwards. Not that I would deny such curiosity. The former would be useless - the latter would be dishonest.

From the state of the game right now, it seems difficult to give an early date right now. They still have low level and higher level technical stuff to get done such as seemless zoning, optimizations, pets, crafting, UI, ... . The timeframe for something like that is always a bit difficult to estimate. Once all is in place from the technical point of view, they should have a clearer view : you have so many race models to do, so many UI to finish, so many square miles to fill up. You know that you get a bit more efficient as time passes so... you may be able to guess it internally give or take a couple of months... and then comes the devil hidding in the details. So I wouldn't bet on any announcement before quite some time.