Forums » News and Announcements

New Concept Art: Sky Durbin

• VR Staff
    • 525 posts
    January 3, 2023 10:03 AM PST

For those that may have missed the peek of new concept art included in our Happy New Year post, it is now available on the Media Page under Concept Art.  It is a gorgeous depiction of Sky Durbin in Silent Plains and we are excited to give this first look at what our art team is planning.

This post was edited by Savanja at January 3, 2023 10:05 AM PST
    • 143 posts
    January 3, 2023 12:56 PM PST

I can feel some Kelethin vibe here... how many times will I plunge to my death on these roads ?

• 902 posts
    January 5, 2023 1:38 AM PST

Love the art. Glad to see more being posted. 

One suggestion (from a personal point of view) I would love to see each stage the art work goes through from initial concept art to final game render. I would love to see a series of screen shots and explanations that depict the concept art, any concept iterations it goes through, grey box stage, 3d model creation stage then a final fully rendered and lit screen shot of the same subject in game. Maybe even a couple of areas/buildings/items could be shown (if time and resources allowed).

Before I get flamed, yes, I know this is not a development request/process, but from a fan of Pantheon, I would certainly be interested in the process.

This post was edited by chenzeme at January 18, 2023 1:11 AM PST
    • VR Staff
    • 525 posts
    January 5, 2023 7:57 AM PST

chenzeme said:

Love the art. Glad to see more being posted. 

One suggestion (from a personal point of view) I would love to see each stage the art work goes through from initial concept art to final game render. I would love to see a series of screen shots and explanations that depict the concept art, any concept iterations it goes through, grey box stage, 3d model creation stage then a final fully rendered and light screen shot of the same subject in game. Maybe even a couple of areas/buildings/items could be shown (if time and resources allowed).

Before I get flamed, yes, I know this is not a development request/process, but from a fan of Pantheon, I would certainly be interested in the process.

I actually love this idea and totally get it.

• 363 posts
    January 5, 2023 10:09 PM PST
    EQ2 Barren Sky vibes. Love it.