Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Let Alpha pledgers play

This topic has been closed.
    • 71 posts
    December 18, 2022 3:15 PM PST

As someone that has Qualty Assurance Tested video games before I'm actually not worried about being allowed to play in the games current state as it's still under construction and seems to have just started building the foundations on the game ingame. I'm more looking forward to the closed beta tests and the open beta tests which from my estimate won't be here until 2025 or so which is fine by me. I only invested a very small amount to play this game in the future when it's released as did many others. In the meantime though I'm just going to keep track of the development when I can and where I can then go from there on my future investments in this product. 

I don't see playing the pre-alpha as a privilage, it's more of a test on the servers the more they let in which is what they'll need to do as server capacity is going to cause some major issues if it's not dealt with early in development since most fall victim to not preparing for it ahead of time. in-short: I'm staying out of this argument of being allowed to play but the more people that can play the better they can test server strain. 

• 9115 posts
    December 19, 2022 1:03 AM PST

znushu said:

As someone that has Qualty Assurance Tested video games before I'm actually not worried about being allowed to play in the games current state as it's still under construction and seems to have just started building the foundations on the game ingame. I'm more looking forward to the closed beta tests and the open beta tests which from my estimate won't be here until 2025 or so which is fine by me. I only invested a very small amount to play this game in the future when it's released as did many others. In the meantime though I'm just going to keep track of the development when I can and where I can then go from there on my future investments in this product. 

I don't see playing the pre-alpha as a privilage, it's more of a test on the servers the more they let in which is what they'll need to do as server capacity is going to cause some major issues if it's not dealt with early in development since most fall victim to not preparing for it ahead of time. in-short: I'm staying out of this argument of being allowed to play but the more people that can play the better they can test server strain. 

Well said, my friend. We appreciate the want to join in and are working hard to progress through Pre-Alpha but as znushu kindly said, it is a test and not a playable, fun game (just yet).

• 72 posts
    December 22, 2022 4:40 PM PST

BamBam said: Hi im exited to see regular play test are comming for the vips. Maybe we can let Alpha players in aswell? Im thinking Every new play test will have a small amount of the players be alpha pledgers. People can join a play test only once pr. Account and have to sign up for the test ahead of time. So its a one time pr account kind of deal. This way we can reward the ppl that have been following the game for years and years. But dont have the founds to pay for a vip pledge. While not taking away the bonus of the vips.

You dont understand, this increased frequency of play limited to pre alpha's is going to be the state of the game for the next 8-12 months.   There will be announcements of bugs found and other content that needs more tweaking and reworking that will draw this out through 2023.   Dont get excited

• 135 posts
    December 23, 2022 10:25 AM PST
    While I'm really looking forward to playing I can understand that things aren't yet ready.

Like the beganing quest item cohh needed wasn't yet their. Hopefully in the coming months they will get the races done and a starting area completed we can play around in.
    • 135 posts
    December 23, 2022 10:25 AM PST
    While I'm really looking forward to playing I can understand that things aren't yet ready.

Like the beganing quest item cohh needed wasn't yet their. Hopefully in the coming months they will get the races done and a starting area completed we can play around in.
    • 36 posts
    January 4, 2023 5:00 AM PST

Well it's a good thing I only come check up on this once every 6 months or so, I probably wouldnt have bought in had I known I'd be waiting like 4 years to alpha but I guess it is what it is. People have been waiting longer than me so /shrug.

350 dollars is the second most I've ever spent on a video game :P first being subscribed to EQ for 3 years. So my expectations of this game go up with every month, it better be worth the wait!

• 71 posts
    January 4, 2023 7:51 AM PST

Aayden said:

BamBam said: Hi im exited to see regular play test are comming for the vips. Maybe we can let Alpha players in aswell? Im thinking Every new play test will have a small amount of the players be alpha pledgers. People can join a play test only once pr. Account and have to sign up for the test ahead of time. So its a one time pr account kind of deal. This way we can reward the ppl that have been following the game for years and years. But dont have the founds to pay for a vip pledge. While not taking away the bonus of the vips.

I have suggested in the past that certain Alpha backer pledges could gain Pre-Alpha access at a more discounted rate.  Keep pre-alpha gated behind the $750 and $1000 for new backers. But as an example, if you have had a Champions pledge of/over $300 for at least five years, you can get in to pre-alpha for an extra $250 - Instead of upgrading another pledge and having to pay $450 - $700.

This would encourage additional monetary support from those who have already pledged and are considering pre-alpha access but it's simply just out-of-reach for them.  Knocking down the price tag for pre-alpha in this context for long-time backers, would certainly get me to pay a couple extra hundred dollars.

Personally, I can't justify an extra $450 - $700 for pre-alpha for myself.  I think this is a good way to continue to generate revenue out of your existing support, while giving the people what they want.  

VR might lose out on a couple hundred dollars with this resolution, but from backers such as myself - They wont get more money at all, if the price isn't reduced.    

I agree here. Although unlikely as many have said. I've been an Advisor Pledge for an extremely long time. I looked at upgrading, but $750 is beyond my budget at the moment, but an extra $250 is within something I could do.

I hope VR at least looks at this with some consideration for those of us who have been around a long time and patiently waiting.

This post was edited by Lakland at January 4, 2023 7:51 AM PST
    • 1 posts
    January 23, 2023 12:21 PM PST

Well all ican say is ive been quietly waiting for return on my pledge from 2016 hoping for alpha to start i think if there is enuff they coud let us play some they should maybe let the pre alpha cash guys have more time  i dunno but i've had 2 heart attacks since i did knights pledge so you know it be nice before the third one gets me =}

• 9115 posts
    January 23, 2023 1:55 PM PST

Kilsin said:

znushu said:

Well said, my friend. We appreciate the want to join in and are working hard to progress through Pre-Alpha but as znushu kindly said, it is a test and not a playable, fun game (just yet).

This thread has run its course. We appreciate the enthusiasm to help test, and when the game is ready for the Alpha phase, we will send out notices to all Alpha pledgers, but until then, please don't create any more threads asking to "play" in a testing phase, it will not change or speed up our development process and only causes angst among other community members.