Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Desegregation in Terminus

• 135 posts
    September 29, 2022 8:11 AM PDT

What a great day. Today we've found out that long segregated classes of people are being united under a single banner in Terminus.

With the reveal in today's newsletter it was uncovered that there will no longer be "Int" or "Wis" casters, but all casters will utilize the same stats. Intelligence for healing & damage. Wisdom for Mana pool. With some additional healing coming from Constitution.

Long have these groups been separated by their heavy reliance on a single stat, but we may rejoice for that is no more!

• 363 posts
    September 29, 2022 4:25 PM PDT
    This is pretty much how it was in older MMOs, at least ones that I played. It's nice to see a return to form.
    • 209 posts
    September 29, 2022 10:02 PM PDT

I can't seem to find that anywhere in the newsletter. Can I ask what part you found it in?

• 245 posts
    September 30, 2022 3:22 AM PDT

Gyldervane said:

I can't seem to find that anywhere in the newsletter. Can I ask what part you found it in?

The roles of core attributes and their universal benefits have been redefined. Note that some attributes will continue to provide specific sub-benefits for certain abilities:

• Strength
    • Increases the potency of outgoing melee and ranged attacks.
    • Increases the amount of damage mitigated by successful Block events.

• Stamina
    • Partially contributes to total Health.
    • Reduces the rate at which Endurance is consumed by related activities such as Climbing and Sprinting.
    • Reduces the chance for spellcasting to be interrupted by incoming melee attacks.

• Constitution
    • Partially contributes to total Armor.
    • Partially contributes to outgoing spell healing.
    • Partially increases starting Acclimation values.
    • Partially contributes to Resistance ratings.

• Agility
    • Decreases the accuracy of incoming melee and ranged attacks.
    • Increases chance to Dodge and/or Parry
    • Decreases the chance to be Critically Hit by incoming melee and ranged attacks.

• Dexterity
    • Increases the accuracy of outgoing melee and ranged attacks.
    • Increases the chance to Critically Hit with outgoing melee and ranged attacks.

• Intellect
    • Increases outgoing spell damage.
    • Partially contributes to outgoing spell healing.
    • Partially contributes to a chance to reduce incoming spell damage.

• Wisdom
    • Partially contributes to total Mana.
    • Partially contributes to the rate at which skill-ups may be obtained.

• Charisma
    • Charisma functionality has yet to be fully added, but below are our intended goals for Charisma under this system:
    • Contributes to the rate at which Faction is gained and lost.
    • Contributes to the buying and selling prices of vendors.
    • Contributes to the potency of certain controlling effects.

This post was edited by Ezrael at September 30, 2022 3:24 AM PDT
    • 1279 posts
    September 30, 2022 8:36 AM PDT

I wonder if some spells count as outgoing ranged attacks....that would be cool!  (then STR and/or DEX might effect them?)

• 209 posts
    September 30, 2022 10:44 AM PDT

Ezrael said:

Gyldervane said:

The roles of core attributes and their universal benefits have been redefined...

Ah, thanks for that! I guess I skimmed over the three part year in review too quick!

• 135 posts
    September 30, 2022 11:19 AM PDT

Gyldervane said:

Ah, thanks for that! I guess I skimmed over the three part year in review too quick!

There is a lot to it.

• 77 posts
    October 1, 2022 8:16 AM PDT

Super happy with that and the fact that everything makes sense with what each stat is effecting.  I am also happy with things like stamina effecting spell pushback. In EQ, before there were tons of each stat on each piece of gear, there were quite a few times I would choose gear with no stamina and just go for hp/mana/wis, if it had effected spell pushback I might have made some different decisions. 

• 888 posts
    October 1, 2022 5:31 PM PDT

I would like to see Charisma also do the following: 

1. Add to the potency of morale-boosting buffs
    2. Reduce the potency of fear-based effects on allies within range.
    • 627 posts
    October 2, 2022 8:18 AM PDT
    Rgn rates needs to be on. Other than that it seems ok
    • 3852 posts
    October 2, 2022 8:40 AM PDT

I am not sure why charisma should affect controlling effects on the character with the high or low charisma. To me charisma affects how you deal with friends or enemies. How *they* are affected by *you* not the reverse.

But I heartily approve of its effect on faction gains or losses - this alone makes the attribute more relevant than in many MMOs, and properly so.

This post was edited by dorotea at October 2, 2022 8:41 AM PDT
    • 77 posts
    October 2, 2022 10:06 AM PDT

dorotea said:

I am not sure why charisma should affect controlling effects on the character with the high or low charisma. To me charisma affects how you deal with friends or enemies. How *they* are affected by *you* not the reverse.

But I heartily approve of its effect on faction gains or losses - this alone makes the attribute more relevant than in many MMOs, and properly so.

I think it is kinda like those charismatic fast talking people who can con you out of everything and make you do exactly what they want while making you think it was your idea.   In the end though, it is probably just something from EQ they wanted to bring over, although I believe mob lvl and magic resist debuff effected charm length much more than charisma ever did.

This post was edited by Nexira at October 2, 2022 10:06 AM PDT
    • 2756 posts
    October 5, 2022 1:27 PM PDT

Counterfleche said:

I would like to see Charisma also do the following: 

1. Add to the potency of morale-boosting buffs
    2. Reduce the potency of fear-based effects on allies within range.

I think it should help taunts, too.

• 119 posts
    October 7, 2022 3:50 PM PDT

INT and WIS have some use to non mangic characters (spell DR and skill up)

STR and DEX should have similar small bonus for casters.

- maybe max inventory slots/weight (STR) and spell interupts - DEX

STA seems too good - interupts should be moved to DEX

• 2756 posts
    October 8, 2022 2:40 AM PDT

Galden said:

INT and WIS have some use to non mangic characters (spell DR and skill up)

STR and DEX should have similar small bonus for casters.

- maybe max inventory slots/weight (STR) and spell interupts - DEX

STA seems too good - interupts should be moved to DEX 

How about Dex to reduce casting time and/or cooldown? Being able to wiggle fingers more quickly and get ready faster.

Interrupt resisting sounds more like a Str thing? Being able to hold position and maintain finger wiggling while getting hit?

• 2756 posts
    October 8, 2022 2:50 AM PDT

I'm fine with what they've come up with and definitely fine with all the interesting cross-use of stats, but re. Int casters and Wis casters I was never bothered by that. It made sense.

Clerics etc tend to have lore of getting their power from gods and enacting spells by praying. Wisdom seems appropriate.

Wizards etc tend to have lore of getting their power from research and study and enacting spells by reciting memorised complex incantations and rituals. Intelligence seems appropriate.

As for 'desegregation', *shrug* aren't classes supposed to be distinct?

Anyway, as I say, either way, I'm quite happy for the way it's been designed. I'm sure it simplifies things for the devs in some areas too, like itemisation.

• 20 posts
    October 13, 2022 11:50 PM PDT

Battle cleric starting to look stronk with that CON build.