Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

32:9 Displays

• 6 posts
    September 26, 2022 4:44 AM PDT

Just wanted to pop in as I am unsure to ask if Pantheon will be playable on 5120x1440P and other widescreen resolutions?

• 3852 posts
    September 26, 2022 7:54 AM PDT

If you are asking about launch or beta  as distinct from alpha or pre-alpha put this on call-up for a few years from now. I am sure they will be keeping an eye on what the "normal" configurations for most gamers are well ahead of release and will do what they need to do. 

A related question might be how well the game will be playable at different resolutions. More than one or two MMOs are playable at 4K for example but not well adapted to it so fonts and uis and the available graphics qualities are less than optimal. Far less than optimal. An advantage of a game being developed now - it will surely support more modern monitors much better than old MMOs do.

This post was edited by dorotea at September 26, 2022 7:54 AM PDT
    • 6 posts
    September 26, 2022 6:26 PM PDT

I just want to be able to properly play it at launch, my only concern.

This post was edited by Machkeznho at September 26, 2022 6:26 PM PDT
    • 2756 posts
    September 27, 2022 2:04 AM PDT

I feel sure that, because they are building on the Unity engine, ithere will be a wide range of 'modern' display options, but they haven't confirmed anything and I doubt they will until much later.

• 363 posts
    September 28, 2022 4:58 PM PDT
    Jeez, a 32:9 aspect ratio.... You'll basically be able to see 360° around you at all times haha.