Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Opinion - Which Animal Will You Tame First?

• 9115 posts
    September 26, 2022 3:48 AM PDT

Community Opinion - After watching our latest stream featuring a discussion around ground mounts and taming, what animal would you like to tame first in Pantheon and why?

• 326 posts
    September 26, 2022 4:56 AM PDT

a unicorn shooting rainbows out its non-pointy end...

I suppose it depends on stable space/how easy it is to dump tames, and how much taming XP comes with a particular tame in pursuit of taming greatness.

This post was edited by Thunderleg at September 26, 2022 4:59 AM PDT
    • 1303 posts
    September 26, 2022 5:02 AM PDT

The elusive Ranrus. 

• 102 posts
    September 26, 2022 5:51 AM PDT

The first tamable mount I see! Or that rainbow defecating unicorn Thunderleg mentioned :)

• 77 posts
    September 26, 2022 6:51 AM PDT

Depends on the models, if the animation for running is awkward I would probably choose something else (ie in WoW the unicorns have a bad running animation that drives me nuts, so even if it was one of my favorite mounts I couldn't stand watching it run). In a perfect world with good animations, If I had access to them I would go find a white wolf but a close runner up would be a roan horse.  Then I'd try to find the one with the best stats and stable it :)  Why?  Wolves and horses are my 2 favorite animals and as for color, I like things that are unique.  

• 2138 posts
    September 26, 2022 7:30 AM PDT

Imaging myself as a big-eyed low level newbie, whose clothes/armor is just a bit too large and droops a little. With my two other new found group members I hope to practice taming level appropriate animals that we can while honing our battle skills and hope we end up with say: a mouse, a sparrow, and a crab. And then we will discuss if we should try seeing what's on that plateau because its not too far and we can run back to our corpses if things go south with out too much danger.

• 3852 posts
    September 26, 2022 7:45 AM PDT

I can't improve on what Thuinderleg said. Though I had a unicorn mount in a different game and it didn't end well. The accursed thing bucked me off screaming "virgin my arse".

• 392 posts
    September 26, 2022 8:26 AM PDT

Your mom.

Nah its a big cats for me.

• 1277 posts
    September 26, 2022 8:33 AM PDT

I'm gonna have to go with Horse.  We all know that's gonna be the best since it's Joppa's favorite :P  

• 768 posts
    September 26, 2022 10:13 AM PDT

A gekko, that covers wall climbing aswel. 

Otherwise a cavebear or nightcrawler.

• 102 posts
    September 26, 2022 1:27 PM PDT

After thinking about it, it'd be cool/funny to have an ostrich-like bird mount for my halfling to ride.

• 888 posts
    September 26, 2022 2:07 PM PDT

Woolly Mammoth. 

• 500 posts
    September 28, 2022 11:24 AM PDT

I'll most likely go for whichever tamable beast, of any species, I see first.

• 220 posts
    September 30, 2022 12:55 PM PDT

after said requirement are met i'll tame whatever i see that is ridable

• 122 posts
    September 30, 2022 8:23 PM PDT

Undead horse with cool armor and flaming eyes...

Any news on those necros? Still have hope VR... extra money more people get those necros done =)

This post was edited by Nytman at September 30, 2022 8:24 PM PDT
    • 146 posts
    October 5, 2022 11:03 AM PDT

If there are race specific mounts, then whatever can comfortably handle the size and demeanor of us Ogres. 

• 2037 posts
    October 5, 2022 8:32 PM PDT

The fastest, scariest looking shark I can find.

• 146 posts
    October 6, 2022 7:31 AM PDT

Jothany said:

The fastest, scariest looking shark I can find.

I almost forgot Joppa did mention underwater as well. I'm really excited for that. 

I wonder if we'll have some non-standard mounts as well. Something like snakes, worms, or even an ape that is bipedal while walking and goes on all 4's for sprinting. 

• 2037 posts
    October 6, 2022 7:03 PM PDT

Feastycentral said: I almost forgot Joppa did mention underwater as well. I'm really excited for that. 

I wonder if we'll have some non-standard mounts as well. Something like snakes, worms, or even an ape that is bipedal while walking and goes on all 4's for sprinting. 

My rogue has been planned from the start as a Dark Myr, just so he can explore underwater. Finding out that we can ride critters underwater as well as on land is really the frosting on the cake.

Somewhere, there just HAS to be a tamable creature that can climb better than a player. I'll be working hard to find out which one that is (when I'm not trying to ride a killer whale).

This post was edited by Jothany at October 6, 2022 7:03 PM PDT
    • 13 posts
    October 28, 2022 9:47 AM PDT

A gnome.