Forums » News and Announcements

Get Your Questions in for PTV Live!

• 30 posts
    September 1, 2022 5:02 AM PDT

Parting the Veil Live - Taming, Mounts and Travel

Hosts: Joppa and Minus

When: September 22nd - 6pm PDT / 9pm EDT

Where: www.twitch.tv/VisionaryRealms

Parting the Veil Live debuts September 22nd, 9pm EDT, on Twitch.tv/VisionaryRealms. Reply to this post with your questions on Taming, Mounts, and Travel in Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen & maybe we'll give you a shout out while answering your question live. We will be looking over questions until September 17th to include in the live broadcast.

• 1273 posts
    September 1, 2022 12:09 PM PDT

Will all mounts require taming or will there be some mounts you can buy/rent/pay for a ride?

If you do manage to tame a wild animal what are some things it would be willing to do for you?

• 8 posts
    September 1, 2022 12:52 PM PDT

I'm sure it will be covered since it's mount themed but largely I'd just like to know how mounts will function in Pantheon. Will you be able to use all of your skills mounted? No skills mounted but you don't get knocked off in combat? Or no skills mounted and if you suffer 1 or 3 hits you get knocked off mount? Presumably in this last option you cannot mount back up until you get out of combat.

Or, other? The ever present true final option hehe.

• 14 posts
    September 1, 2022 9:25 PM PDT

Will taming be progressive?  i.e. Lower levels mount is ridable.  Middle levels mounts can handle rider performing combat.  Higher levels mount joins combat.

Will there be vendors who provide rides to other locations?  Will these rentamounts be susceptable to brigands/predators, or just a free ride without incident?

What happens to mounts when you dismount and say climb a cliff?

Will the game be ruined with flying mounts?

• 16 posts
    September 7, 2022 9:36 AM PDT
    - At what level and which classes will be able to tame and or have access to mounts?
    - What speed % increases are you currently looking at using for different mounts, or they all the same?
    - In reference to travel how many portal locations will there be or approximate distances (time on foot) between them for druids and wizards?
    - What is the current approximate time on foot to travel across one continent - longest? Example 45 min to run from the far north end of @ to the south end.
    - What are the current or planned % run speed buffs for the different classes who can buff increase run speed?
    - Lastly what is the planned travel time on a boat from one content to another, will that require zoning?
    • 10 posts
    September 7, 2022 11:18 AM PDT

Is there seamounts/underwater mounts and can we tame sea creatures

• 72 posts
    September 7, 2022 6:12 PM PDT

With how large the world will be, would you be focusing on having players use their own means of travel (mounts, by foot) or would you be putting in travel stations (like EverQuest2's wizard spires, druid rings, mount stations in Kelethin etc)?

• 3852 posts
    September 8, 2022 6:04 AM PDT

"Taming, mounts and travel" does not mean the same thing as "taming mounts, and travel". It does not imply that mounts are what will be tamed. Taming may well be one topic, mounts another and travel apart from mounts a third. With travel apart from mounts including class teleports, summons to safe spots in dungeons, public transportation e.g. between continents etc.

I could ask many questions about taming cosmetic pets, taming combat pets, whether there will be mechanisms to summon into dungeons, level restrictions on class teleports, how we will get across oceans, level restrictions on buying mounts and the like.

On the other hand - maybe taming mounts *is* intended to be the topic. Can you clarify please.

• 161 posts
    September 8, 2022 12:48 PM PDT

Since markets will be local or regional, are there designs already in place for something like a mule: a slow, vulnerable, beast of burden, to help players gather more goods or transport goods between markets?

• 82 posts
    September 12, 2022 12:01 PM PDT

These questions came from my guildmate Xodroc, so credits go to him. (He hasn't pledged yet, but when alpha hits he probably will.)

Can you knock someone off a mount or even attack the mount directly or are mounts basically going to act as a run speed buff that you can't counter in PvP? (I would assume that any mobility debuffs or roots would knock someone off or slow them down like normal)

Do mounts remain when you dismount or do they despawn ?  If they remain can someone temporarily kill or steal a mount ?

Taming could be interesting if it's for more than mounts, raises questions about having OP pets.

Are there limits to taming ? Back in Ultima Online, there was no such limit at first and you could tame 30 rabbits and have them take down a bear or otherwise swarm another player(or yourself) so they'd be stuck.. will be interesting if pets have collision as well so they could block the entrance to something.

This post was edited by Kaynrath at September 12, 2022 12:10 PM PDT
    • 48 posts
    September 17, 2022 6:28 AM PDT

Taming:

If recalling correctly, taming was the system being put into place to tame a temporary wild animal for short rides. (Ionger rides based on skill level.) So,...
    Will there be easy ways of identifing which animals are tamable/rideable?
    Is there a considerable cooldown on its use?
    If taming attempt fails, what are the downfalls? Does it still go on cooldown if there is one? Will the animal attack or run away?

Mounts:

What level will the first mounts be available? (crosses fingers for lvl 25 or later! Walk you lazy Terminites! :P )

Mount type variety?
    Speed upgrades?

Travel:

BOATS!
    How much agency will players be afforded while traveling on the high seas?
    Will there be generic boat flight paths that travel between continents?
    Sea monsters when?

Thank you for taking the time to read and possibly answer some or any of my questions.

• 122 posts
    September 22, 2022 8:30 AM PDT

Will I be able to travel as a necromancer when Pantheon is released?

The only reason I ask this is that VR received additional funding and hired more people to share the workload, which gives me hope about necromancers... 

Thank you in advance for any information you can give. I know you guys are working hard, and I appreciate it.

This post was edited by Nytman at September 22, 2022 8:32 AM PDT