Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Grand Launch Art Piece

• 238 posts
    August 16, 2022 10:53 PM PDT

I really hope VR commissions a HQ official art piece for launch. Much like EQs famous box arts it really is a quick way to grab someone’s attention. I personally only purchased EQ in 1999 completely off its awesome box art.

Over most of the last decade the EQ SoV art pieces has been my desktop wallpaper as it captures that awesome expansion so masterfully.

I understand VR already is producing art already but I’m talking about something grand (And probably time consuming). Something that could capture the spirit of Pantheon in one single art piece but also be of the quality you might frame on a wall.

• 2756 posts
    August 17, 2022 12:56 PM PDT

I love me some fantasy art too, especially related to worlds we 'know', like Norrath, Middle Earth, etc.

Would love to see something like this from VR, yes.

• 888 posts
    August 17, 2022 1:30 PM PDT

I agree (though I want them to wait a while so the art can incorporate iconic characters wearing in-game armor at a recognizable in-game location).  But since sales aren't store-based boxes anymore,  I also really hope we get a short, high quality trailer.  

• 2756 posts
    August 17, 2022 5:29 PM PDT

Counterfleche said:

I agree (though I want them to wait a while so the art can incorporate iconic characters wearing in-game armor at a recognizable in-game location).  But since sales aren't store-based boxes anymore,  I also really hope we get a short, high quality trailer.  

Hmm I really don't care about a trailer, if you mean a cinematic one. A bit of a waste of money, to me, to make a 'dramatised' animation that doesn't really look like the game plays.

I'd prefer a lore-based novella from JN ;^)

• 295 posts
    August 17, 2022 9:08 PM PDT

Counterfleche said:

I would love a cinematic trailer. I bought WoW based on the trailer. It still is one of THE coolest things ever to me.

I know it's expensive though, so I'm not actually expecting one. VR has said as much.

I'm also a huge fan of well done, fantasy artwork, so I will accept that as well.

• 122 posts
    August 17, 2022 9:16 PM PDT

Keith Parkinson was a true G.O.A.T.  His Ruins of Kunark painting is what made me buy it.  I too would love to see some key visuals/box art.  I'm guessing this will happen the closer we get to launch but would love to see artwork along the same lines.

This post was edited by Morraak at August 17, 2022 9:17 PM PDT
    • 2138 posts
    August 18, 2022 11:55 AM PDT

I would like to see a nice , large- I mean large, not a "we call it large"- like 47"TV screen large print of some nice launch art. On thick stock with bumpy ink, maybe even numbered and limited; and a second run on regular poster paper, high gloss also numbered and larger limited and a third run forever on 32" regular gloss, poster paper (the kind that might tear on the inside rolled end as you unroll one long side). To be delivered in thick cardboard tubes by mail. Of course , maybe some canvass or cloth can be comissioned for those that have the wherewithal, and not that "Photos on canvas!" garbage (but maybe that can be offered for enthusiasts. I would want to see a un-tubing review) with different price points along the way. VR could poll for interest. If there really isnt that many to make the variety feesible they could adjust to a standard. I still want to see some archai mugs that have the striations glow when something hot is put in them, or even if its just class mana bars with the oomph indicators all charged up.

This post was edited by Manouk at August 18, 2022 11:56 AM PDT