Forums » News and Announcements

Which class are you playing in pre-alpha this summer?

• 122 posts
    July 31, 2022 4:49 PM PDT

I feel like I might try two different classes in the same quaternity to see how they differ, so my guess is probably shaman and cleric, or monk and rogue, direlord and enchanter are pretty tempting though!

• 295 posts
    July 31, 2022 11:44 PM PDT

MFR1 said:

I understand this is just an AD to sell pledges but...add a list of classes that will be playable in the "Summer" PA. I feel everyone should know the facts before deciding to pledge. 
    The last PA test session "Soon" is now officially over 1 year ago and I know people that missed the last couple sessions because of VR's lack of scheduling. The 1- or 2-weeks email before a 1-day test session is not enough time. 1. Some people don't use their main email for game related stuff so they don't check it daily. 2. They need time to reschedule other stuff. I wonder how many accounts have PA access that don't login during a session. 
    The point I'm trying to make is, unless things change on the VR side (better communication and project management) you should pledge to help pay VRs bills and not for the testing. 

So, what would you have them do as far as communication of time or communication of PA testing? 1-2 weeks sounds fine to me.

Also, if PA testing is important to you, why would you not have that kind of information not come to your primary email that you read everyday? Whether it's 2 weeks or a month, you may not ever read it if it's not your primary email. I only check secondary emails once a month or every other month, so I would never put something of that importance in a secondary email. 

• 768 posts
    August 4, 2022 11:53 PM PDT

Cleric and shaman peek my interest the most. Looking forward to watching the stream!

This post was edited by Barin999 at August 4, 2022 11:54 PM PDT
    • 6 posts
    August 6, 2022 1:59 AM PDT

The Voyeur class as I will be following Twitch streams instead. o.0

• 624 posts
    August 9, 2022 1:32 PM PDT

Bard of course! I may sling wizard like spells often, but the dapper cap and robust singing should clue you in...

• 8 posts
    August 9, 2022 2:02 PM PDT

Torn between Dire Lord and Cleric at the moment. Probably both and Shaman if there's time.

• 454 posts
    August 10, 2022 12:14 AM PDT

I'll be playing a Shaman, my favorite class.  Depending on the amount of dates/times I might try Rogue again also.

• 20 posts
    August 10, 2022 1:18 AM PDT

I'm thinking a healer this go around.  Cleric/Shaman depending on groups available!

• 945 posts
    August 10, 2022 4:54 AM PDT

Its pre-alpha; We can't choose from all of the classes or even know which class are going to be available(?)  

• 2000 posts
    August 10, 2022 12:07 PM PDT

Darch said: We can't choose from all of the classes or even know which class are going to be available(?)

Kilsin said: Which class are you playing in pre-alpha this summer?

We will have: Dire Lord, Rogue, Monk, Wizard, Enchanter, Shaman, and Cleric for this upcoming Pre-Alpha test in September.

He updated it after making the post.

• 393 posts
    August 10, 2022 4:41 PM PDT

Shaman here, maybe Monk as well.

• 8 posts
    August 11, 2022 8:09 AM PDT

Direlord because I want to try all 3 tanks with Paladin likely being the end goal. Rogue and Wizard to try two different dps classes. Wizard in particular because the 2 ways to weave spells for more dmg or more mana efficiency mentioned in past videos sounds like a great twist on a magic dps class.

• 5 posts
    August 12, 2022 10:45 AM PDT

I'll likely play a rogue again.  I had fun with it in the last play session and the wizard was fun as well.

• 5 posts
    August 13, 2022 10:10 PM PDT

I'll be testing all tank classes available that aren't Direlord.

• 128 posts
    August 15, 2022 12:45 PM PDT

With the significant changes to Monk, I'll mainly be playing that, but will also try some Cleric.

• 80 posts
    August 17, 2022 12:11 AM PDT

I will be playing a cleric in plate with a shield and warhammer.

This post was edited by OmegaBeam at September 30, 2022 3:18 PM PDT
    • 2 posts
    August 17, 2022 1:02 PM PDT

Do we have an idea of the length of the PA testing?  Has it typically been 1 day tests or something that stretches 4+ days? I'm hoping for longer testing sessions as I am weighing on upgrading from Alpha pledge to Pre-Alpha pledge.

• 80 posts
    August 17, 2022 2:03 PM PDT

Seedy said:

Do we have an idea of the length of the PA testing?  Has it typically been 1 day tests or something that stretches 4+ days? I'm hoping for longer testing sessions as I am weighing on upgrading from Alpha pledge to Pre-Alpha pledge.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but testing varies. As the details have not been specified yet, it is uncertain exactly (or to the extent of) how many days per week testing will be, and how many hours there will be per day when servers open. But it probably won't be 1 day per week for an hour, or 7 days a week for 24 hours per day, you will get a decent amount of playtime in is our hope. Depending on the schedule of some gamers, three hours per day might be enough, or those who don't have work or school want at least 12 hours. But someone who has tested Pantheon already can give you a better idea of what VR did with their testing schedules in the past, and use that as a prediction of their schedule with the upcoming PA.

In short: @Seedy, I think it's worth a shot. 

This post was edited by OmegaBeam at August 17, 2022 2:16 PM PDT
    • 19 posts
    August 18, 2022 4:30 AM PDT

Depending on how much time we'll have and how many sessions we'll get I'm probabbly going to cycle through everything just to get a feel. But I always main a healer so I'll likely play a Cleric or Shaman, both for the sake of testing and because it's what I'm most familiar with so I'll have a better time deciding if the class feels right to me.

Although, since I believe I heard that the Cleric is going to be more of a damage mitigator than a direct, powerful healer it may be a bit strange for me, regardless.

• 1921 posts
    October 1, 2022 8:24 AM PDT

Seedy said:

From the public info they have posted, in the past years it's been a pre-sign-up for a 4 hour window over 1 or 2 days. 
    So each tester gets allocated a specific 4 hours during the testing session, and cannot test outside that.
    How it will be this time?  They aren't telling those that don't already have the answer. :)  Unless there's been more/new public information posted in the past two weeks..