Forums » News and Announcements

Which class are you playing in pre-alpha this summer?

• 9115 posts
    July 27, 2022 4:11 AM PDT

Which class are you playing in pre-alpha this summer? https://www.pantheonmmo.com/pledge/

We will have: Dire Lord, Rogue, Monk, Wizard, Enchanter, Shaman, and Cleric for this upcoming Pre-Alpha test in September.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at July 31, 2022 3:06 PM PDT
    • 2 posts
    July 27, 2022 7:10 AM PDT

750 is not even that much.

I forgot I even dropped 1k on this and now just need to figure out how to download the alpha XD

• 1921 posts
    July 27, 2022 7:25 AM PDT

Ezenkrul said:

I forgot I even dropped 1k on this and now just need to figure out how to download the alpha XD

IMO:

Evidently the target demographic is people who 'forgot' they donated USD$1000.00 (988.24 Euro) to a game.

• 2 posts
    July 27, 2022 7:31 AM PDT

vjek said:

Ezenkrul said:

IMO:

Evidently the target demographic is people who 'forgot' they donated USD$1000.00 (988.24 Euro) to a game.

I am sure, gates are everywhere in life even in video games. Not everyone gets everything. 
    Plus it is just testing and gets wiped. I'd say knowledge and experience is power but a lot can still change. 

This post was edited by Ezenkrul at July 27, 2022 7:33 AM PDT
    • 2138 posts
    July 27, 2022 7:41 AM PDT

I might try a shaman, or...a mele. Not a monk, not a direlord.

• 102 posts
    July 27, 2022 7:52 AM PDT

Sure Sure, rub our pleb pledger's noses in it ;P. Looking forward to the stream today!

• 392 posts
    July 27, 2022 8:46 AM PDT

Once I convince the wife and get this years PFD, Direlord.

• 3852 posts
    July 27, 2022 8:55 AM PDT

Pre-alpha is not a chance to play a game. It is a chance to help test limited things and to see a bit of what will one day be a game. 

Alpha will probably be the first time that something that actually looks like a game is available to play for more than fairly brief periods.

Pledging to help support the game is not the same as buying something. One doesn't need the benefit of testing to be worth more than the cost. Plus that pledge level will give other things at and near release.

• 10 posts
    July 27, 2022 11:30 AM PDT

How does one upgrade to the new pledge from Perceiver's pledge? The website it's telling me to pay the full price for the Scion's pledge.

• 500 posts
    July 27, 2022 12:11 PM PDT

I'll be testing the Rogue, again, unless Ranger becomes available to test at some point, which will have me promptly rolling a Ranger to test.

• 392 posts
    July 27, 2022 1:11 PM PDT

niten said:

How does one upgrade to the new pledge from Perceiver's pledge? The website it's telling me to pay the full price for the Scion's pledge.

Pledge Upgrade – Pantheon – Rise Of The Fallen (pantheonmmo.com)

• 10 posts
    July 27, 2022 2:37 PM PDT

Gintoki88 said:

niten said:

Ah, thanks, don't know how I missed that.

• 102 posts
    July 27, 2022 2:54 PM PDT

niten said:

Gintoki88 said:

niten said:

Ah, thanks, don't know how I missed that.

To be fair, before i found out the pledge upgrade is under https://www.pantheonmmo.com/pledge/, it was a little confusing finding the upgrade link if you don't know where to find it. I always thought there should be a link to the upgrade page under the "My Pledge" tab https://seforums.pantheonmmo.com/content/payment/settings as it felt like the natural place to look. 

I only mention it because I was wondering if creating a link to the upgrade page in the latter link mentioned would be healthy for the site in terms of user cash flow for lack of a better term.

This post was edited by Brutenga at July 27, 2022 3:01 PM PDT
    • 184 posts
    July 27, 2022 3:30 PM PDT

Brutenga, your profile pic gets me every time haha. Loved that show

This post was edited by Zuljan at July 27, 2022 3:30 PM PDT
    • 20 posts
    July 27, 2022 4:14 PM PDT

What does "this summer" mean?

If VR can give us the days/times for testing, then I would gladly fork over an extra $400+ bucks to test. I'm not gonna drop another 400 bucks knowing I'll be testing the game one day a week for 2 hours.

I mean, if they let us know the exact days/times, they would get a ton of more backers. 

• 1120 posts
    July 27, 2022 7:26 PM PDT

dorotea said:

Pre-alpha is not a chance to play a game. It is a chance to help test limited things and to see a bit of what will one day be a game. 

Alpha will probably be the first time that something that actually looks like a game is available to play for more than fairly brief periods.

Pledging to help support the game is not the same as buying something. One doesn't need the benefit of testing to be worth more than the cost. Plus that pledge level will give other things at and near release.

If thats how you feel, youre a very noble person.  But im willing to bet the majority of people who pledged were interested in seeing the game prior to release.  Everyone is going to weigh the cost of the pledge vs what they are receiving, including playtime inside the game.

Besides, in todays world, having 10hours played in a game when its released is an immense benefit over someone who doesnt.  Knowing where to go, what to kill, what to loot gives you a massive bonus over someone who is just logging in for the first time.

• 184 posts
    July 27, 2022 7:40 PM PDT

Saamir said:

What does "this summer" mean?

If VR can give us the days/times for testing, then I would gladly fork over an extra $400+ bucks to test. I'm not gonna drop another 400 bucks knowing I'll be testing the game one day a week for 2 hours.

I mean, if they let us know the exact days/times, they would get a ton of more backers. 

This definitely makes a lot of sense. I think the problem is there are a lot of moving parts (still bugs in the vinyl system), and a lot of other big integrations like pets that need to be smoothed out (in addition to the new staff needing what I would assume to be at least a month to get muscle memory of their network stack and other world building programs up to par and start really pumping out the content). They probably would rather leave a vague description of pre alpha testing dates rather than definitive timelines so that they don't get negative backlash or accused of false promises in order to get pledges etc.

Just my opinion because, like you said, there are a lot of advantages to letting people know when and how many testing sessions. All we know from today is there will be "several more" pre alpha sessions throughout this year and at least partly into next year. We were all hoping alpha would be this year, but this timeline sort of makes sense as I dont think they'd sell more pre alpha packages if there were only 2 more testing sessions before alpha was released.

• 102 posts
    July 28, 2022 8:30 AM PDT

Zuljan said:

Brutenga, your profile pic gets me every time haha. Loved that show

Right on! Thanks it makes great for a little profile/thumbnail pic. Better Call Saul's been pretty great too!

• 34 posts
    July 29, 2022 4:40 PM PDT

I'll be testing the enchanter out for sure. Charming on earth and charming on Terminus, or maybe its all an illusion? Delusion? 

• 2 posts
    July 30, 2022 9:55 AM PDT

Any Class!

• 173 posts
    July 30, 2022 12:42 PM PDT

If I am in pre-alpha, I will be testing enchanter and rogue.

• 23 posts
    July 31, 2022 6:03 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Which class are you playing in pre-alpha this summer? https://www.pantheonmmo.com/pledge/

I plan on working the monk and a lot of climbing.

• 19 posts
    July 31, 2022 7:49 AM PDT
    I understand this is just an AD to sell pledges but...add a list of classes that will be playable in the "Summer" PA. I feel everyone should know the facts before deciding to pledge. 
    The last PA test session "Soon" is now officially over 1 year ago and I know people that missed the last couple sessions because of VR's lack of scheduling. The 1- or 2-weeks email before a 1-day test session is not enough time. 1. Some people don't use their main email for game related stuff so they don't check it daily. 2. They need time to reschedule other stuff. I wonder how many accounts have PA access that don't login during a session. 
    The point I'm trying to make is, unless things change on the VR side (better communication and project management) you should pledge to help pay VRs bills and not for the testing. 
    • 9115 posts
    July 31, 2022 2:59 PM PDT

MFR1 said:

I understand this is just an AD to sell pledges but...add a list of classes that will be playable in the "Summer" PA. I feel everyone should know the facts before deciding to pledge. 

I can say that we will have: Dire Lord, Rogue, Monk, Wizard, Enchanter, Shaman, and Cleric for this upcoming Pre-Alpha test in September.

I've updated my post to reflect this.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at July 31, 2022 3:06 PM PDT
    • 19 posts
    July 31, 2022 3:08 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

We will have: Dire Lord, Rogue, Monk, Wizard, Enchanter, Shaman, and Cleric for this upcoming Pre-Alpha test in September.

Cleric for sure.