Forums » News and Announcements

Additional Funding Secured - July 22 Newsletter is Live!

• 30 posts
    July 21, 2022 5:53 AM PDT

Pantheon has secured additional funding! Read about this and more exciting news in our July 2022 newsletter.

Click here to read all the details!

• 17 posts
    July 21, 2022 8:35 AM PDT

might have been answred elsewhere as I've given up reading about the game building my hopes. Will these new investers require an iten Shop?

• 3852 posts
    July 21, 2022 8:38 AM PDT

Nice to see the funding. Obviously still not enough to take you to release but everything helps.

At least as important as the amount is that is shows a real investor having presumably done some "due diligence" thinks the game actiually will make it to release.

Plus, investors often have a herd mentality. If one or two jump in others take it more seriously and reconsider whether you actually are worth looking at.

Traziun - I doubt an investment of this size will be enough to change how VR views the game. They already had the accursed cash shop on the table as something they do not want but cannot rule out at this point. When/if they get a larger investment/producer that can take them all the way to release is likely when the very hard decisons on how much to compromise will be made. And, unlike some people here, I more than welcome some compromise if it assures release in a reasonable time frame. Better an otherwise wonderful game with the accursed store than no game at all for another 5 years.

This post was edited by dorotea at July 21, 2022 8:44 AM PDT
    • 3 posts
    July 21, 2022 9:21 AM PDT

Thats great news! Congrats to all at VR!

• 258 posts
    July 21, 2022 1:39 PM PDT

This is great news! I'm definitely going to try upgrade my plan sometime! Kudos to VR <3

• 2036 posts
    July 21, 2022 7:44 PM PDT

Great News VR!

As a famous astronomer used to say, Keep Looking Up!

• 161 posts
    July 21, 2022 9:00 PM PDT

I see the investors and the pledgers as two sets of oars that propel the boat forward.

The investors can scrutinize Visionary Realms at a level that would be inappropriate for pledgers, and drive Pantheon to completion.

The pledgers can hold Visionary Realms to the vision, which the investors are not as incentivized to do.

Pledgers without investors can't enforce discipline.

Investors without pledgers won't enforce vision.

• 768 posts
    July 22, 2022 10:18 AM PDT

Hi, thanks for the newsletter

NOTE: the link in this sentence is broken "... read even more about here. ..." 

This originates from: "...Be sure to check out the rest of the articles in the newsletter. Below you’ll find this month’s updated Roadmap to Alpha which outlines some exciting progress in many areas including banks, environments, player and armor models, animation, gathering, and the newly-implemented near-death mechanic which you can read even more about here.  ..."

This post was edited by Barin999 at July 22, 2022 10:19 AM PDT
    • 102 posts
    July 22, 2022 12:33 PM PDT

This is great news! I love the transparency throughout development.

Looking forward to checking out the new pledge package!

• 184 posts
    July 22, 2022 12:38 PM PDT

dorotea said:

Nice to see the funding. Obviously still not enough to take you to release but everything helps.

At least as important as the amount is that is shows a real investor having presumably done some "due diligence" thinks the game actiually will make it to release.

Plus, investors often have a herd mentality. If one or two jump in others take it more seriously and reconsider whether you actually are worth looking at.

Traziun - I doubt an investment of this size will be enough to change how VR views the game. They already had the accursed cash shop on the table as something they do not want but cannot rule out at this point. When/if they get a larger investment/producer that can take them all the way to release is likely when the very hard decisons on how much to compromise will be made. And, unlike some people here, I more than welcome some compromise if it assures release in a reasonable time frame. Better an otherwise wonderful game with the accursed store than no game at all for another 5 years.

Well assuming money isn't owed to any workers I think this will take them pretty close to it (marketing costs aside). Could be off with these numbers but assuming world builders and general item designers are making around 50k per year and seeing how far they've gotten with this team so far, it seems fairly logical this new funding will take them quite far down the road.

Really great news. Highly deserved too. Honestly surprised more haven't contributed; this game has real innovation and potential that both is not and has not been offered by the mmo genre yet.

This post was edited by Zuljan at July 22, 2022 12:39 PM PDT
    • 2 posts
    July 28, 2022 3:16 PM PDT

nice