Forums » Fan Creations

Intro to Crafting & Gathering

• 2886 posts
    May 12, 2022 12:04 PM PDT

Way back in 2018, I conducted my first ever interview of a Pantheon developer. The dev was Corey “Ceythos” LeFever and he was the designer behind pantheon’s crafting and gathering systems. Which is funny to me because I’m usually not a big crafter in MMOs, but there were enough things that Pantheon was doing differently with their crafting and gathering systems that I was at least intrigued. Corey left VR in 2019 and in 2020, Nephele joined as the new crafting designer, and picked up where Corey left off to continue fleshing out the designs. For a long time, those designs were just concepts and ideas. So I’ve never done a comprehensive breakdown of them because designs are always apt to change. But at this point, crafting and gathering are being implemented into the game and it seems like they’re far enough along that we can get a solid idea of what it’s like today and how it’s evolved from the original plans. This is the first video in a two part series about crafting and gathering in Pantheon. In this video, we’ll start by taking a look at gathering. Because before you can craft anything, you’ve got to have the proper ingredients. 

This post was edited by Bazgrim at May 12, 2022 12:04 PM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    May 23, 2022 12:49 PM PDT

And here's part 2! Now that you've gathered some ingredients, it’s time to pick a profession and start assembling items: https://youtu.be/LItVkK92PEA

• 2 posts
    February 8, 2024 12:06 PM PST

Thanks for your video's most helpful.