Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Bunny ears and whoopi cushions

• 119 posts
    May 18, 2022 2:09 PM PDT

Manouk said:

in keeping with the single item per server idea: different rabbits from different areas have different ears, both up, one cocked(like Peter rabbit), both down, both droopy, both swept back (like a hare) and maybe one more subset of color: white, black and russet. Nice ears! to heck with the ears- nice Narwal horn!- hey! are those utricating hairs on your wrists?! 

Further on the one per server , I think for silly items evry april fools day a 'trickster' should steal them all so they can be refound in the world by new players. Stops these items going AWOL when a player quits or changes to an alt.

Just imagine , every year April the 1st guilds and all types of players congregate in the 'Newbie Burrows' zone to kill random rare spawn Dire Rabbits - for one of these will drop a pair of bunny ears you can keep for a year. Its themed (april 1st is silly) it encourages community (I can imagine the guilds warring to get the spawn , and the banter.) and it lets lots of people interact that normally wouldnt.

This post was edited by Galden at May 18, 2022 2:13 PM PDT
    • 724 posts
    May 19, 2022 12:00 PM PDT

Galden said:

Just imagine , every year April the 1st guilds and all types of players congregate in the 'Newbie Burrows' zone to kill random rare spawn Dire Rabbits - for one of these will drop a pair of bunny ears you can keep for a year. Its themed (april 1st is silly) it encourages community (I can imagine the guilds warring to get the spawn , and the banter.) and it lets lots of people interact that normally wouldnt.

Oh, I like that, but maybe not reflecting a real holiday.  Could we have a lore appropriate holiday for tricksters, maybe from the gnomes or Halflings?  

• 690 posts
    May 19, 2022 12:06 PM PDT

StoneFish said:

Galden said:

Oh, I like that, but maybe not reflecting a real holiday.  Could we have a lore appropriate holiday for tricksters, maybe from the gnomes or Halflings?  

Hmm i don't really consider april 1st a real holiday. I mean i really enjoyed when blizzard for example would come out with fake patch notes, and how games will put in some silly mechanic as if they are serious about it, its literally the company tricking us on april fool's day

• 2000 posts
    May 19, 2022 12:19 PM PDT

BeaverBiscuit said: Hmm i don't really consider april 1st a real holiday. I mean i really enjoyed when blizzard for example would come out with fake patch notes, and how games will put in some silly mechanic as if they are serious about it, its literally the company tricking us on april fool's day

I believe Stonefish was mostly meaning "real life events" in his reference. I myself don't mind ingame 'holidays' that mirror the ones going on in the real world, but many people find it immersion breaking. So I accept that game Devs creating unique, ingame reasons for holidays is just as much fun for me and also includes those who don't enjoy the real world connection.

• 2138 posts
    May 20, 2022 9:15 AM PDT

Galden said:

Manouk said:

in keeping with the single item per server idea: different rabbits from different areas have different ears, both up, one cocked(like Peter rabbit), both down, both droopy, both swept back (like a hare) and maybe one more subset of color: white, black and russet. Nice ears! to heck with the ears- nice Narwal horn!- hey! are those utricating hairs on your wrists?! 

Further on the one per server , I think for silly items evry april fools day a 'trickster' should steal them all so they can be refound in the world by new players. Stops these items going AWOL when a player quits or changes to an alt.

That would be great! I mean, you get Bored of that kind of ornament after a certain amount of time. Some dont and they will seek it out. And the trickster or whomever could scatter them anywhere within 10 to 20 level dungeons. I'm saying that level range to encourage newbies to get to those levels and those of that range to go to those dungeons -travel- to those dungeons. Caveat: you dont know where the trickster has put the items until you happen to enter the dungeon and are there for a period of time when you get/see a broadcast message, like 10 or 15min, saying something is there. That way when the newbies go to sell, it's all word of mouth that something can drop there. Also, a dead giveaway would be if some newbies come in and oh-ho? what is this high level character doing here? immediately they can surmise that something must be here that the high level is going for and they also have a chance at. So like if a certain Multi-group, high level, Dark Myr was dead-set on getting her black, half-cocked, bunny-ears again, she could. And try to bribe or coerce players if they discover the place where it could drop. Likewise- and this would be tricky to be assured of its coolness- there could be some items only available in the high end, for prestige but I dont want the loot table to get too cluttered. Then maybe a broadcast notice on found items on log in, so players dont have to waste time if they were going for something and a broadcast notice when all are found. Id the Devs then want to have an event where the trickster appears and everyone has to find it to get silly food stuffs? just a little something? great, but it might be a logistical nightmare for those that miss it, unless they can check all accounts and deliver or parcel the silly foods to the accounts that didn't make it *shrug* I don't know.

• 200 posts
    May 22, 2022 7:54 AM PDT

Same here. I like "fluff items" as long as they fit into the theme of the world. :)

Cheers

• 144 posts
    May 25, 2022 2:48 PM PDT

I personally don't use fluff items, but they don't bother me if others use it as long as it's not over the top from the theme of the game.

I think it'd be cool if they tied them into crafting. We already know schematics have limited uses to them, so why not create an event where a handful drop and several crafting professions are required to complete the item? Plus make the items relevant to the world. For example, if one of the lowbie mobs or critters is a horned beetle, make the hat replicate that horn. Or a cape made with the colorful pattern of a low level butterfly-like creature's wings.