Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

May I Take Your Order Please

• 22 posts
    April 27, 2022 2:54 PM PDT

If PVP is only possible on a PVP server, then I'll probably join that one. Why not have both PVE and PVP simultaneously at your enjoyment!

• 560 posts
    April 27, 2022 3:45 PM PDT

@Cyphonus I can see why a PVP player would want a server that offers both PVE and PVP. But look at it from a PVE players prospective. There is just no advantage to haveing any PVP on the server if you have no interest in it. I could easly see at some point VR spining up a server that has both though with maybe a flag system like they did in some EQ server?

• 22 posts
    April 27, 2022 5:56 PM PDT

Susurrus said:

@Cyphonus I can see why a PVP player would want a server that offers both PVE and PVP. But look at it from a PVE players prospective. There is just no advantage to haveing any PVP on the server if you have no interest in it. I could easly see at some point VR spining up a server that has both though with maybe a flag system like they did in some EQ server?

Yea. There are PVE players that are rabidly against PVP, to the point of them hating even the voluntary/optional aspect of it. Which is strange.... If the PVE only players had it their way, then they would remove the entire PVP aspect from the game, forcing their subjective preference on how everyone else enjoys the game. The difference between me and say a PVE only player is that I'm not forcing my preference on how someone plays. Where they are doing it to me...I'm simply advocating the option of having optional PVP alongside PVE because I really enjoy both, because I don't find tension between the two worlds. 

• 560 posts
    April 27, 2022 9:09 PM PDT

While I disagree with your over all view of what happens to be my stance against PVP this is not the thread to go into it. Lets just say we can happly disagree.

• 441 posts
    May 10, 2022 12:48 PM PDT

RP PvE for my main. I find more RP communities are a little more stables and friendly. I also enjoy RPing but I will do that on any sever type =-) if they let me copy my char to another server. I will do so to a PvP rule set server as well. 

• 3 posts
    May 18, 2022 1:38 PM PDT

RP for me. I'm not out there holding activities and group meetups in the world, but I like to have that kind of stuff around.

• 78 posts
    May 19, 2022 4:59 AM PDT

I'm still waiting on VR to announce they will have a Swagger server, cause that's where I plan to be.

• 902 posts
    May 19, 2022 8:09 AM PDT

RP and/or PVE