Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

May I Take Your Order Please

• 295 posts
    April 13, 2022 9:07 PM PDT

What type of server will you be joining upon release? Please note that the only choices stated right now are PVE, PVP and RP. I know the majority will be PVE, but there is a PVP community here from what I've noticed.

• 166 posts
    April 14, 2022 2:23 AM PDT

PVE. I may try RP.

I always pass on MMORPG PVP. IF I want to play PVP, I rather play Quake CTF.  [Damn, I'm pretty sure that dates me.]

• 256 posts
    April 14, 2022 2:27 AM PDT

Most likely a PvE server. I don't really like world PvP unless there are systems that reward it. 

• 724 posts
    April 14, 2022 6:07 AM PDT

RP: that Halfling Ranger of mine already has a character sheet of sorts with a small back story and personality...quirks.  If Terminus had a pharmaceutical industry that little fellow would be a major revenue generator, but it doesn't so he's going to be unpredictable folks. 

• 326 posts
    April 14, 2022 9:27 AM PDT

A dynamic PvE server, meaning one that has unannounced caves, cult temples, and hijacked caravans to discover from time to time. PvP is a balancing resource drain IMO when it comes to small team MMORPGs, and those resources could be better utilized by the dynamic content.

• 12 posts
    April 14, 2022 10:35 AM PDT
    I will play both PvE and PvP. Most likely one US west and the other US east.
    • 454 posts
    April 14, 2022 1:18 PM PDT

PvE.  RP would be great.

Ive no interest in PvP.

• 422 posts
    April 14, 2022 8:26 PM PDT

PvE, and if there is an RP server and RP is ENFORCED then i'll be there.

The RP people are normally the best in the community, but if the server isn't enforced RP then all the trolls will be there trying to ruin everyone's good times.

Else, whatever PvE server I can find with no or the least amount of streamers. Because they always attract their viewers, and Streamer viewers are the worst kind of toxic.

• 49 posts
    April 15, 2022 4:05 AM PDT

What is pvp?  Pve for me, if I want to pvp ill play a dedicated pvp game and I am getting to old for that stuff.

• 233 posts
    April 15, 2022 4:40 AM PDT

Normal PVE, i dont gank so pvp server has no appeal for me.

• 560 posts
    April 15, 2022 11:14 AM PDT

I will be playing on a PVE server. I would like to try a RP server some time but to be honest I do not have enough faith in my communication abilities to feel like I would fit in.

With great restraint I will hold my statements about PVP to this.

• 48 posts
    April 15, 2022 11:23 AM PDT

NegativeNRG said:

PVE. I may try RP.

I always pass on MMORPG PVP. IF I want to play PVP, I rather play Quake CTF.  [Damn, I'm pretty sure that dates me.]

Quake 2 CTF! With runes!

• 252 posts
    April 15, 2022 12:12 PM PDT

PVE and I will try an RP server. I've been getting into D&D a lot more and am interested in trying RP in an MMO environment. I would also like to be on a server where names are lore friendly, which seems more likely on an RP server.

• 161 posts
    April 15, 2022 12:55 PM PDT

I intend to Roleplay on a standard PvE server. I did not get a whole lot out of a few months on the Roleplaying Server for EQ1, and I am not sure I really get the point.

My characters will have goals, and will enlist others to fulfill them. I won't personally break character except as necessary for real life.

• 690 posts
    April 15, 2022 6:28 PM PDT

if there's no enforced camps i'll main pvp, if there is i'll main pve.

With an alt in rp. If there's ever something as in depth as firiona vie in eq, i'll probably main in that.

• 3852 posts
    April 15, 2022 7:41 PM PDT

Third choice - pvp. But under no circumstances unless it is faction-based or very similar. I have no desire to kill other players for ratings or loot - that is what mobs are for. For a cause .... yes.

Second choice - normal pve.

First choice RP but only if there are some rules and some enforcement. Even if these are limited to names. Having many lore-friendly names around and few truly awful ones actually matters to me.

But there will be many other considerations. In other games servers often got unofficially designated as encouraged places for people in certain time zones for example. Or guilds formed (yes I know we have quite a few here) and picked a server to start on.

• 303 posts
    April 15, 2022 7:58 PM PDT

PVP, unless they implement a bunch of "pvp templates", pvp scaling or things like that (or special pvp gear that eliminates pve loot from the pvp equation), then I guess I'll just go PVE.

Also I don't know what kind of PVP server(s) there will potentially be but I think I'd pick an FFA one rather than a faction one if that was a choice.

• 56 posts
    April 15, 2022 9:11 PM PDT
    I just want to be on a popular (populated) server. RP tags and tools for the RPers - option to flag for PvP and world PvP content if you want to PvP. The larger and more enlclusive they can make servers the better. I'd hate to fragment the player base simply because that's how other games do it. That being said obviously smaller server sizes can be more conducive to community- I don't like the megasrver tech ESO uses as it fragments players unless they're in your guild or friends list.

• 3852 posts
    April 16, 2022 9:23 AM PDT

I agree that we need enough people to make grouping feasible - unlike most MMOs if you cannot get a group there will not be much useful to do other than crafting. Given time zones - we will need a much larger population than the minimum during peak hours to assure that enough people are on at other times.

The two countervailing constraints are not trivial, however. There may be sizes after which lag becomes a greater and greater issue. Less technically, the smaller the size the more the sense of community and the greater the pressure on people not to troll too much or be otherwise too unpleasant less they run out of people to group with.

• 888 posts
    April 16, 2022 9:35 AM PDT

I normally chose the highest population PvE or RP server, though I won't have server population to help me pick since I'll be starting on day one. I might end up deciding based on friends made in A/B testing.

• 334 posts
    April 16, 2022 10:10 AM PDT

Hoping for a no-box RP PvE server with strict enforcement of the no-box rule and name enforcement. To be clear, alts would be okay, just not running more than one account at a time/boxing.

• 16 posts
    April 16, 2022 1:30 PM PDT

will be choosing a PvE server but am not adverse to RP . Being retired either EU or North Amrican servers with good world time coverage would also feature in choice ..

• 2138 posts
    April 16, 2022 4:22 PM PDT

PVE. I would prefer some light RP meaning, able to bounce out when panicing in game-play. I have been lucky to have been exposed for a period of time to some great RP'ers and fairly decent gamers and that was thrilling, alot of down time in that time was spent talking so it was awkward to get into their rythym at first (probably drinking going on- heh) when I wanted to adventure or kill stuff. 

I wouldn't mind a server that had a draconian loot rule set, and a draconian character limit.   

• 223 posts
    April 16, 2022 8:10 PM PDT

PvE but damn tempted by RP...

• 295 posts
    April 16, 2022 10:35 PM PDT

I will be playing on a PVE server, but I would like to check out a PVP and RP at some point. I will have to see how VR sets up PVP before I make that decision though.