Forums » Pantheon Classes

Twelve Step Program

• 295 posts
    February 11, 2022 11:29 PM PST

Are you an altoholic? Were you not an altoholic before and Pantheon changed your mind? If so, what classes do you want to try other than your Main when Pantheon releases?

Watching some of the many videos made by Pantheon content creators over the years and they have all done a great job of stirring my desire to try classes other than my Main(s). I add a plural because I'm having a problem deciding over my two favorite classes, Paladin and Cleric. I might try to Main both so I won't include them in my list.

For me I'm wanting to try The Wizard since the last Cohh stream....probably an Elf. I want to try the Druid since I want to explore Wild's End at starting level and lean more towards healers being needed there. I want to try the Summoner because it just looks cool all around. I want to try the Shaman because, I like healers. 

Any more and I will never reach max on my Mains...lol

• 258 posts
    February 12, 2022 3:07 AM PST

I am definitely an altoholic. The first character that I would make; I always try and level up to max level and get him raid ready and then once I have more time and things slow down, I start making alts where I might even level a few at same time.

There's a few classes I want to level and the list goes like this: Wizard, Summoner, Necromancer, Emchanter, Dire Lord, Monk, Warrior and Dire Lord

• 2041 posts
    February 12, 2022 4:35 PM PST

Dikenzu said: Are you an altoholic? Were you not an altoholic before and Pantheon changed your mind? If so, what classes do you want to try other than your Main when Pantheon releases?

I've always been an altaholic. Whichever char gets significantly higher level than the rest is what I call my 'Main' (until a different one passes him by).

My overall goal in Panth is to play one char of every Race, so that I get to see the unique Racial starter towns and content VR has made for them. Presently I only have 7-8 Classes planned, so my plans are still a tad incomplete :) My secondary goal is to play at least one char of every Role.

Dire Lord and Bard are the only Classes fitting those 2 roles that appeal to me, so they are pretty definite. Based on my past experience, one of those will likely become my Main.

I'm still undecided between Shaman & Druid but I'll definitely play one. (If we get enough char slots, I might play both)

I loved playing a Wizard in my previous MMOs, so I have to have a Wizard too.

My first MMO char was an archer. I loved it so much, his image continues to be my forum avatar in the Games I play. So I will play a Ranger for sure (last we heard, VR said you could 'viably' play Ranger exclusively as melee or ranged).

I want to explore and Harvest when I don't have a group to join, so I'll build a Rogue with focus on Stealth and Climbing (rather than max DPS).

Finally, I like what we've seen of the Monk. I'll play one if I can, but if I'm short of char slots he'll likely be first one abandoned.

I'm happy to see that your main choices for Tank, Healer and even Ranged Magic are different from mine. We should have plenty of opportunities for our alts to group up.

Hahaha... I'd be in same boat if I weren't retired with tons of time to play on a near daily basis. Since I do, I'm expecting to have a few 'static groups' of friends that I play with when they log on. I can assign my most appropriate char to each of those groups, and then play other alts when the group isn't online.

• 2041 posts
    February 12, 2022 4:40 PM PST

BigBadAzz1 said:

There's a few classes I want to level and the list goes like this: Wizard, Summoner, Necromancer, Emchanter, Dire Lord, Monk, Warrior and Dire Lord

It's cool that more than half of the Classes you're interested in are ones that I don't plan to play. We should also be able to group our alts together.

• 295 posts
    February 12, 2022 11:05 PM PST

Jothany said:

Dikenzu said: Are you an altoholic? Were you not an altoholic before and Pantheon changed your mind? If so, what classes do you want to try other than your Main when Pantheon releases?

I've always been an altaholic. Whichever char gets significantly higher level than the rest is what I call my 'Main' (until a different one passes him by).

My overall goal in Panth is to play one char of every Race, so that I get to see the unique Racial starter towns and content VR has made for them. Presently I only have 7-8 Classes planned, so my plans are still a tad incomplete :) My secondary goal is to play at least one char of every Role.

Dire Lord and Bard are the only Classes fitting those 2 roles that appeal to me, so they are pretty definite. Based on my past experience, one of those will likely become my Main.

I'm still undecided between Shaman & Druid but I'll definitely play one. (If we get enough char slots, I might play both)

I loved playing a Wizard in my previous MMOs, so I have to have a Wizard too.

My first MMO char was an archer. I loved it so much, his image continues to be my forum avatar in the Games I play. So I will play a Ranger for sure (last we heard, VR said you could 'viably' play Ranger exclusively as melee or ranged).

I want to explore and Harvest when I don't have a group to join, so I'll build a Rogue with focus on Stealth and Climbing (rather than max DPS).

Finally, I like what we've seen of the Monk. I'll play one if I can, but if I'm short of char slots he'll likely be first one abandoned.

I'm happy to see that your main choices for Tank, Healer and even Ranged Magic are different from mine. We should have plenty of opportunities for our alts to group up.

Hahaha... I'd be in same boat if I weren't retired with tons of time to play on a near daily basis. Since I do, I'm expecting to have a few 'static groups' of friends that I play with when they log on. I can assign my most appropriate char to each of those groups, and then play other alts when the group isn't online.

Good read. There will be days when I'm on for only a couple of hours; then there will be days when folks will think I don't sleep...lol. But, yeah it will be cool to link up. I know the forums will be buzzing with folks talking about what servers they're going to when that list is released. 

I will be starting with one of my Mains in Thronefast as my first character is always Human.

With all the focus on Wilds End now, my first alt maybe a Halfling Druid. They have done a good job of making me want to explore Wild's End sooner rather than later, but I'm sure my active mind will change when the focus goes to other areas. I will probably have to role one of my D&D dice to make a decision since I'll probably be indecisive. It will be a good 'problem' to have.

• 295 posts
    February 12, 2022 11:10 PM PST

BigBadAzz1 said:

I am definitely an altoholic. The first character that I would make; I always try and level up to max level and get him raid ready and then once I have more time and things slow down, I start making alts where I might even level a few at same time.

You gonna have your hands full for sure. I'm really looking forward to seeing the updated gameplay on the classes you picked. I think that will help me decide which order I want to try them.

• 258 posts
    February 13, 2022 11:03 AM PST

Jothany said:

BigBadAzz1 said:

It's cool that more than half of the Classes you're interested in are ones that I don't plan to play. We should also be able to group our alts together.

Yep. I'm looking forward to it, bro.

I mean when it comes to making mains, I probably have my Wizard and Necromancer and the others are just in case they're more OP'ed than them. 

• 258 posts
    February 13, 2022 11:55 AM PST

Dikenzu said:

BigBadAzz1 said:

You gonna have your hands full for sure. I'm really looking forward to seeing the updated gameplay on the classes you picked. I think that will help me decide which order I want to try them.

Right. What I do and because I'm just in love with Wizard and Necromancer's lore, I make these my priorities, but, hearing you say that makes me want to wait until the classes in the game are more settled and I'm to choose the one's that do some decent DPS.

• 454 posts
    February 13, 2022 5:26 PM PST

My list of alts:

1.  Either Archai Shaman,Ashen Elf Druid,Dwarf Cleric.  1 of those 3. 

2.  Dwarf Paladin 

3. Halfling Rogue

4. Ogre Warrior