Forums » News and Announcements

Miss our Giants of Terminus Dev Stream? We've got you covered!

• 9115 posts
    February 10, 2022 7:56 PM PST

Join David and Tony as they discuss all things related to the Giants of Terminus. From lore to concept art to in-game video, this stream covers it all.

https://youtu.be/6r7AVh-rbkA

• 173 posts
    February 11, 2022 4:51 AM PST

If you missed it, watch it!!! It was filled with goodness and tons of fun! I knew I truly enjoyed the stream when it was over and I swore only 15 minutes had passed.

• 9115 posts
    February 11, 2022 3:09 PM PST

NegativeNRG said:

If you missed it, watch it!!! It was filled with goodness and tons of fun! I knew I truly enjoyed the stream when it was over and I swore only 15 minutes had passed.

I'm glad you liked it mate! :)

• 28 posts
    February 12, 2022 12:37 PM PST

I just finished wathcing the Giant stream and I agree with NegativeNRG, you are missing out if you have not watched it! I have to hand it to VR and the team, I am more technical in nature and this lore/art stream was very exciting. One of the things that I love and have been most frustratred with in other MMO's is the lack of reason to explore the world. There are thousands of hours that go into the creation of the world and other MMO's focus so much on the quests, dungeons, raids, etc that they leave out this rich experience of exploration. So often I have been frustrated running to the end of a box canyon that had no value... nothing. One of the things that has me excited about Pantheon is, at least how I interprit, they have brought exploration to the forefront. There is rich lore woven into the history and structure of the world of Terminus and experience is tied to knowledge of the world and not just 1) find quest hub; 2) get all available quests to complete hub as fast as possible; 3) Move to next hub to level as fast as possible; 4) Get to end game content for the "really" intersting stuff. Everything that I have read and seen about Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen suggests that this will not be the case. From the Perception system to the Environmental system to the Climbing system and the Lore itself inspire world exploration as well as the adventuring of quests, dungeons, et. el. Personally, I am anxiously waiting to be imersed in the game and if it went live yesterday I would say that the wait was too long, and I have only been a pledge since 2018. I know there are those in the community that have been around much longer. That said, I am excited that VR is focused on doing it right for the long run. I will also add that I have been following the news letters and the progress with VR opening of the curtain to show off the talent at VR... this exposure has been inspiring. I have to say based on what I have seen, the team is made of truely Master Craftsmen in thier fields that are completely engadged in this endeavor! Engineering with systems they have created just to test assumptions (combat simulator), to the HDRP, and the Network Stack man that has been so exciting. The concept art and lore has been evolving and noticaeable on the site so I have not given that as much credit; however, this video hit me at the craftmenship and thought that is going into the world with the forshadowing of an epic adventure just ahead... Mindblowingly Awesome is all I can say. So while I am anxiously waiting to be ingame; this last year of reveals has certainly kept my appatite and has drawn me in. Furthermore, the Master Craftmenship of the VR team has been put on display for the community to see and I, for one, feel privledged to be a pledge during this EPIC Adventure of following the game creation of an EPIC Immersion Experience on the World of Terminus!

This post was edited by FriarMonk at February 12, 2022 12:41 PM PST