Forums » Fan Creations

How will Perception work in Pantheon?

• 197 posts
    January 26, 2022 3:05 PM PST

Hey all

With the beans that dropped in the December 2021 DRT about Perception being connected to traits & dispositions now, I figured it was time to make a video about this topic!

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/cTmVhmVucXQ

• 326 posts
    January 26, 2022 6:41 PM PST

I will check it out, thx Therek.

identify traits and dispositions - love this

This post was edited by Thunderleg at January 26, 2022 7:35 PM PST
    • 1992 posts
    January 26, 2022 7:27 PM PST

Good work Therek!

I've been attracted to Perception from the start as a cool way to learn Game lore. But I also have been wondering how much practical use it would have for group adventuring. I'm glad to see it get more integrated.

I like your 'speculations'. It would be cool if at least some gear drops have some 'hidden' qualities to discover. Maybe an item appears to be just vendor trash, but a Keeper notices that giving it to a little known NPC in an out of the way town will bestow an exciting and rewarding quest. Truesight Lives!

The first thing for me that comes to mind is how it might intersect Crafting. Perhaps more valuable materials might not reveal their particular affects on the finished product merely by incorporating them into an intermediate component. A Crafter could choose to use it blindly, thus risking a powerful effect being put on an item of no worth to the Class that would use that item, OR take it to a Master Keeper to hopefully learn more about it.

Terminus is getting more interesting by the day!

This post was edited by Jothany at January 26, 2022 7:27 PM PST