Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What being a friend means by BigBadAzz1

• 2138 posts
    January 31, 2022 7:37 PM PST

Fulton said:

I always beleived that the early game was the most important in making friends. As people were more forgiving as, you and they, learned the intricacies of the game and your characters. Often times it was these times that, communication and learning, formed the bonds between players. 

Many people get way too serious later in the game. When the game is work or no fun, I move on.

If someone starst screaming "MORE DOTS" at me, they will get a LOUD "LEROY JENKINS" shout out. :)

I have tried to express this, but did not succeed in doing so as simply. My point was- how to recreate this exact dynamic over and over so that you never forget and are trained to behave in that way when meeting people in game. I thought this could be accomplished from a development perspective by insisting and mandating Class starting cities as well as class restrictions in race, Yes be happy there are no melee in Gnomes for you will learn to fight in the gnomish way and when you log in- you get the above and a year later when you are strong enough to travel say level 8, and you meet other races maybe the closest one- you have to do what you said all over again as if it were the early game because you will have to learn the intracacies of the game again and your characters again because you no longer need to rely on soley fighting in the gnomish way because you have met bards and warriors or whomever classes where you are casually forced into this communication and learning you speak of that is fundamentally rewarding. 

and you do it again with class dependency- this may tweek the noses of some alt-o-holics - because the bonds formed depends on you being you with that class we know when we are all on, not when you are on and deciding to play another class that is 20 levels lower, we have things to do that we are counting on your cleric that we have shared so many adventurs and bonded with- but hey, if you have the time in the day? great, alt then. but not now, not when we are here. Class depedency also means- if a caster, and no melee or healer on, what do I do now? Test yourself, and if you cant to what you want to do, you deal with it and ***** not. get creative and seek. there are people, talk outloud create some chatter you may hear (read) something. Contribute socially.